don't click here

Sonic 1 Beta Remake Update Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by AbsoluteG, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mroelandts1

mroelandts1

Pending Member
    What a sweet hack

You should post this on a turd sonic hacking board and claim you have the real sonic 1 beta. That would be hillarious. :evil:

2. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    ...or not. Those "n00bs" spread word faster than you think, and that misinformation can eventually get passed on as fact, even if you continuously debunk that assumption. To this DAY, people still claim CYAN's hoax to be a beta. It's tiresome, and annoying.

3. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    Very good hack. The new tiles in SBZ are especially good.

Where is Splats?

4. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    Splats shows up in Star Light Zone.

5. Great hack! But I don't like title screen...why it have black background? Yes, we have seen all black title screen and title screen with stage select, but first is different from second(sonic looks different), I think all black title screen is from very early version...And title screen with stage select...in stage select mode title screen has always black background! I think title screen must be same as final version, but with "PRESS START BUTTON" message(where is it?) like we seen in beta scans on SOST forum...
    Also, I noticed mistakes in object placement, but its not important. LZ has many mistakes, but I like this)
    I think, that background in CWZ2,3 must same as CWZ1, but its my imho)
    Waiting for the next release!

6. TheLazenby

TheLazenby

Sparkling Zone looks wonderful! I'm glad that Sega canned that damn "spinning spikes" trap from Act 1...

After playing the hack with Marble Zone UFO's (and no other changes), it's great to see something like this come along. Nice work.

7. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    It is good, but there is somthing about it that makes it look a bit cartoonie...

8. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    Sparkling Zone is awesome! Really great job, finally someone recreated it. ^^ I liked Labyrinth Zone too. That background is awesome! :)

9. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    Everything is awesome! I just want to see the GHZ beta mountains now. :)

10. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Testing YOUR Hacks Since 2005... Member
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Looking for a Rom Hack to Test.
    I don't think he should include the Green Hill Zone Mountains. They were in an earlier prototype of Sonic 1 basically Sonic 1 Alpha and that isn't what his hack is based on.

DJ

I've seen Splats in Star Light Zone.

DJ

11. Vangar

Vangar

Pure awesome. Only problem I have with it, is that the game locks hard when playing Labrinth on the PSP Dgen.

12. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Emerald Hill Zone
    DGEN on PSP has issues with all sorts of hacks. My 1.5 PSP and DGEN crashes when I use Sonic 2 Long Version and Select Genocide City Zone it locks up on the Title Card. What I would suggest is using your PC to emulate all these Hacks.

DJ

13. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    That is PSP Dgen for you, but hey I'm sure a update sometime in the future could help.... A lot of the level select on hacks don't work too, but hey at least we can play them on the PC.

14. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Emerald Hill Zone
    I can play most of it on the PSP so its not so bad.

DJ

15. Runner

Runner

Long time no see, old friend. Member
  16. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    DUDE ITS SHIT GLOVE EVERYONE!!! ITS FUCKING SHIT GLOVE!!!

17. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Is it just me, or the videos aren't working? Probably there is some kind of anti-leech system.

18. Verse

Verse

Posts once a year. Oldbie
    Pomona, CA , USA
    Freedom Planet Soundtrack
    PUT ON YOUR LATEX GLOVES, HEZ, WE'RE GOING IN!!!

Also, Mr. Gambit, I'm glad you finally released this. I've been playing through it and really enjoy what you have so far. My only question is, what's next?

19. Runner

Runner

Long time no see, old friend. Member
    I'm sorry for the broken links.

Instruction for see this videos:

1 - Open a new window on you browser.

2 - Go to link: http://sega-16.com/Video%20Commercial%20Archive.php

3 - Copy the link http://sega-16.com/Media/Video%20Commercia...;ve/sonic1.mpeg and past on your browse to see the 50 Rings = 1UP

4 - Copy the link http://sega-16.com/Media/Video%20Commercia...ve%20Europe.wmv and past on your browse to see the Star Orbiting on First Boss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.