don't click here

Sonic Next-Gen lands E10+ from ESRB (New Trailer)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Gamerguy, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    You win. Perfect bonus.

2. Robjoe

Robjoe

I seriously doubt they will. If they were going to do that, they'd've done it in Heroes or Shadow at the latest. Methinks now they'll just stick with that same shitty engine from Heroes, albeit with minor updates/changes here and there (obvously not so for Wildfire though, as that game is different from the usual).

3. Shade

Shade

Man, it'd be awesome if Hideki Naganuma took a crack at a console Sonic game. His musical style is so unique and awesome, and really flowed with Rush's gameplay. Personally, I'd like him to do the music for the Riders series. I think that'd work out awesome.

Meanwhile, I think it'd be nice if the main series console games stuck with Sonic Adventure 1 style music. That really did feel like a succesful attempt at modernizing the classic feel of Sonic music. It really worked.

4. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    I'm reserving judgement on the music until I hear it in game. We all thought the Sonic Rush music was gonna be complete shit until we heard it in game, and then it actually fit the game pretty well. If they put this music alongside a decent FMV it might work well. Gotta be better than the feeble attempt from Shadow. That theme tune just failed on so many levels.

5. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

He's waiting.... Tech Member
    S4: Cybernetic Outbreak
    Is it just me or did Eggman lose weight? :blink:

6. Wemes

Wemes

"That road may be able to destroy" ?

7. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    All your base are belong to us?

8. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    [​IMG]
    The music sounded pretty damn cool until the shitty rapping came in.

9. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    So, the rumors are true. Blaze actually IS in this game, afterall. Not that I think this is a bad thing, because I actually like her, despite the fact that there are other people who hate her, JUST for being a new character. This is one of the many things about this game, that're starting to make me disregard almost eveything negative I've said about it in the past. I STILL don't like the looks of the Badniks, though, because they look like they were rejected from Star Wars.

10. Robjoe

Robjoe

She's actually one of the new characters I DON'T hate. One of the few. =P

As for the silloettes (probably spelled that wrong), those Rouge and Omega ones look pretty questionable, IMO. However, Rouge being in the game is atleast plausable, while Omega'd be about as pointless as Shadow. Just there to appeal to the kids.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    No Chaotix or Cream in site. EXCELLENT. I'm sick of the both of them. I'm sick of Omega too, but looks like he is going to become a vital part of the Sonic series and will never die D: (Doesn't sega get it? No Omega type robots. Just use Metal Sonic or something)
    Blaze's role will be interesting, and it's sad that Tails and Knuckles aren't playable, but perhaps as some unlockable or 2 player character they will be (It could be like Sonic 3, where the extra characters made no real impact).

I think the theme is alright. Raps kinda wierd, but at least they gave Crush 40 a break (They don't need to make every Sonic song out there). The good thing for me though is that if the soundtrack sucks, I'll just play my own soundtrack. Good old Xbox 360.

12. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    I must say, without the rap-rock on top, I really like the song—I hope they release an instrumental version.

13. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Wrong, Senoue said they're doing music for it, and if I'm not mistaken you can hear them in one of the trailers.

14. Roybertito

Roybertito

Still alive, apparently. Member
    For the music issue: Hey, Sonic Team, Dreams Come True is still around. They most probably have phones. CALL THEM.

For the no Cream issue mentioned earlier... Hell, I hate the new Chaotix (especially Vector's new voice), but just for the sake of being a Tails fan, I'm kind of forced in a position that if you're a Tails fan, and if you write fan fiction with Tails, you're forced to bend Cream around so you eventually like her as a character. Her (new) voice is annoying, she's basically a fusion of a rabbit, Amy's attack style, and Tails's gameplay, her
    personality is bland, but if you write fan fiction, you have to feature her in it, so you wind up bending her character enough to becoming likable. Quite frankly, I'm surprised she's not in this. I find that her character is largely ignored for the most part.

Eh, next game.

15. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    Considering every Sonic game has 3408239048 theme songs in it Crush 40 will probably do at least one of them.

But that silhouette doesn't look like Omega in the least, IMO.

16. EXOGGEDDEN

EXOGGEDDEN

orgasmic Member
    That princess is pretty ugly =(

17. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    You = EVIL! D= Anyway, I agree about Cream. =P

For Crush 40, they're working on music for other games. I found this in a interview for the site "Summer of Sonic"

http://www.summerofsonic.com/interviews/senoue/

18. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
    Did anyone notice that the JP site says 1P-2P? Kind of conflicts with the 1-4 that Sega of America has had posted since E3: http://www.sega.com/games/game_temp.php?ga...pos=hp_gamelist

Looks like multiplayer is an afterthought again. Either that, or it was scrubbed completely in favor of tweaking the co-op mode. I'll hope for the second.

19. Roybertito

Roybertito

Still alive, apparently. Member
    ^Same here. Co-op in a Sonic game again would be awesome.

20. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    No
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.