don't click here

Sonic The Hedgehog: DX

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by stormislandgal, May 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    It's my birthday today, September 2nd, so I have a special present for YOU.

I'm thinking of taking a break on my hack for a while, as I'm interested in other stuff. So, I'm going to make a release of what I DO have.

Rapidshare download

Well, anywho, on with the normal rambling:

Features:
    Tails. Currently unfinished with his mappings and PLCs, but he works. Same with Amy. Only have... 3 sprites finished. To select these characters, just go to the level select and toggle the bottom option. The order of the characters are Sonic, Tails, then amy, despite what the text says.
    Super Sonic
    Collectible emeralds.
    New unfinished GHZ
    Unfinished CNZ port
    I cut down on the size ALOT by taking out the special stage engine. I didn't really have a use for it, so why keep it?

I'm aware that this is probably not the best time for a release, but people have been looking forward to it. And seeing as I will be taking a break from it, I won't be doing any work on it, so I can't work towards some form of an acceptable release.

Have fun. =P

Also, I've gone over the reason as to why the download is rapidshare with the techies, so yeah, incase anyone want's to bring that up, I'm aware. =P

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It looks nice... looks. Playing the game is very buggy but understandably it isn't complete yet (I didn't know you were going to put Hidden Palace Zone in) I'm not going to explain the bugs, you probably know them. But still, good work.

3. ddrmaxromance

ddrmaxromance

Very nice I must say. Very impressed with what you have done with it. :( As you did say GHZ was unfinished, one issue I should make mention is when you see the vertical row of rings (about 30 secs into the game), there is no spring to get back up to the hills. Also, you're able to walk on the ground without dying! =P

[​IMG]

4. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

Married life <3
    Well, that's an issue with the level select. I was screwing around trying to get Act 5 to work. I did, but it screws up the Level events. Just pressing start from the title screen makes it so you an use the spring underneath there.

Nice screen, by the way. =P

5. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

Married life <3
    I know I said I was taking a break on this. I am, but I want to know what you think about this before I forget about asking. I've mocked up a few scenarios... Which Super Sonic Sprite would be better? Or would you prefer if I base my Super Sonic head off Cylent Nite's Shadow Sprite? Now, I'm not going for an opinion on shoe styles of eye shading, as they are different between the sprites. I'm just looking into which basic sprite is best in your opinions. I just wanna finish off Super Sonic once and for all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    His head's a bit big, but ehh.

there, didn't take too long. =P

Credits: 1st screen: Mikel Crawford, 2nd and 3rd screens: t0ms0nic, 4th: Editted from Cylent Nite's shadow.

6. Rarmander

Rarmander

Poetaster Member
    An Empyreal Child
    The second one is the best in my opinion. The third one reminds me of when you take a picture with a camera without anti-red eye features.

7. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    I say you go with the second one. It looks pretty good and it fits the style of your other sprites as well. Cylent Nite's sprites are more like an advanced S3 style and wouldn't really fit well.

8. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    The second one looks better in my opinion.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ohh, I like the second one the most. Use that.

EDIT: That Shadow Sprite sheet would make a great but simple Sonic 3 and Knuckles hack that replaces the AI Knuckles with shadow. I might try that.

10. StephenUK

StephenUK

Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Even after you added the 4th, I still say the second. The style fits your Sonic sprite style better.

11. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    1st & 2nd ones are the best but I still like his shoes & spikes better in the 2nd so I'll pick that one.

12. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

Married life <3
    Yeah, I'll stick with the second. It looks better in game than the Cylent Nite edit I did.

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I think it looks a little wierd to have the S3&K body for Super Sonic only, if you ask me.

14. mroelandts1

mroelandts1

Pending Member
    The amy sprites look a bit dull. I am making a hack with proper sonic advance 2 amy sprites. I will start a thread and post some shots soon [If I ever get around to doing more of it (lazy)]

PS: do you think a Sonic 1 hack with pickachu instead of sonic is a good idea?

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    God no. :_(

16. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

Married life <3
    Well, as for the sprites, I was just looking for an opinion of which head was better.

And Pikachu in Sonic? You're kidding, right?

17. ddrmaxromance

ddrmaxromance

Wow. That's like putting Mario in Stephen's Project Chaos...

But yeah, the second one wins.

18. StephenUK

StephenUK

Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Christ, I remember that discussion. What the hell was going through that guys head when he thought that idea up, I will never know.

19. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I would be happy to see Mario in a Sonic game.
    Oh wait, it already happened.

20. mroelandts1

mroelandts1

Pending Member
    Ok I will scrap the pickachu idea. But do u think I should continus the amy hack?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.