don't click here

E02/Mettrix update

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Stealth, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Sonic Mania, HCGE, Sonic Megamix, SonED2, [...]
    I'm back, and I've brought an update to E02 with me. This is my entry for this year's SAGE event, which I make it a point to attend every year, and I thought some of the people who don't actually go there might be interested. (Please note that this is an E02 topic, not a SAGE topic). Since I've already listed the details on the entry page, I think a simple link will do:

E02, Sonic the Hedgehog: Project Mettrix, and Megaman: Triple Threat

As always, I don't discuss the future of my projects, nor do I answer questions that are covered in documentation (with the exception this time being legitimate confusion about the unupdated portions). Anything pertaining to this particular release and outside of the scope of simple facts written into the documentation, I'm interested to hear. If there's nothing, though, that's fine too

The game downloads are grouped at the bottom of the page, the first two being the most relevant, and the last two being older stuff. I'd appreciate, though, if you took the time to read about the updates too, so you can really appreciate what's going on

And.. Hi :P

2. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    Now THIS is an engine.

3. Juki

Juki

Oldbie
    Manchester, England
    definitely not Terra Galactica
    Jesus. That's fucking impressive.

4. jman2050

jman2050

Teh Sonik Haker Tech Member
    Love... much love...

5. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Stealth! I missed you, man! What happened to you? =(

And Mettrix? Awesome, I was just discussing Mettrix earlier in another thread. I know about SAGE because I was helping GamerGuy (GeeGee) with some music stuff in his fangame, Sonic Adventure: Remix.

Mettrix, from what I've played and seen, is much better than the previous engine build. It's MUCH more like the original Sonic engine in terms of handling... Though it seems the jumping is a bit sticky when you tap the button lightly compared to the original, but that's about all I could find different from the original engine at first glance. Also nice to see Verse's music put to good use. =P

This Megaman engine interests me, though... Graphics are nice and pretty, reminds me of Megaman 8. Nice and faithful to the originals from what I can see. Cool stuff.

All in all, this is some excellent work, here. Maybe once Megamix hits its final incarnation, I may move on to making stuff using both this engine, as well as Saxman's. Each of your engines so far has some interesting, awesome features, so it'll be a fun experience developing with them.

Nice to see you back. :thumbsup:

6. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    So, are you saying that this is 16-bit code? It's impressive even for protected mode, but if you've got this running in real mode, you're a fucking god.

7. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Stealth, since your Knux in S1 hack, I see you as a romhacking god.
    That was just perfect!

I'm excited to play more stuff by you. Downloading...

8. Wurly

Wurly

:| Tech Member
    Aww, Yes! I can not express how excited I am right now. The engine can't get any more perfect than this. Thanks for this, almighty one.

So let us bow down to our Sonic programming god.

9. Vangar

Vangar

Very nice if I do say so myself. Keep up the good work, you might even be able to sell a game engine in the future.

10. Juki

Juki

Oldbie
    Manchester, England
    definitely not Terra Galactica
    I'm surprised there's been so few replies to this. If anyone ever wanted to make a faithful fangame, this is the Don of engines to do it on. Hell, the physics perfection and bang on object scripting means a good community effort could beat any known hack or fangame, retro included.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This games great because it plays just like Sonic 3, excellent for you for doing so. I just wished the first "real" level was finished instead of the test level, but that's fun too. Nice job, can't wait to see another release.

12. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    I've always loved this engine! Though the only problem I've ever had with it is that the gravity seems somewhat weird...

13. SGR

SGR

Give me the gams. Member
    Holy shit this is awesome.

VERY nice job. I like the way how the art in the test stage blends when you're running fast.

14. Ergo

Ergo

HA HA! ESTOY USANDO EL INTERNET! Pending Member
    North America
    pillow
    Wow. Just wow. This is incredible. Best. Engine. Ever.

15. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Rawk. Very impressive. Now, if only I knew how to use engines and stuff. :P
    Also, hi back.

16. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    You don't win at life. You own it.

17. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Sex in a can right here. Both Sonic and Megaman run beautifully on the engine, hell it's near perfection really. I love them both more than my siblings (which I hate anyways...so yeah)

18. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    I just got around to trying these, and I think it's safe to say that this is the best Mega Man fangame I"ve ever played, period. And the Sonic Mettrix engine runs almost EXACTLY the way it does in the Genesis games. Good job.

19. Vangar

Vangar

Might I add it has a very innovative test level too, gave me a smile.

20. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    Fucking amazing. The Sonic demo is awesome, and so is Mega Man (I know Mega Man must be good because I'm not too good at it, and I was never the best at old-school Mega Man games. Way to stick to the classics :D ). Plus, you included Proto Man as a playable character (instant win). What language is this engine written in?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.