don't click here

Hmm...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Tead of Life, Nov 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hill Top Zone uses the SAME titles as Emerald Hill Zone, like Death Egg Zone uses the same titles as Chemical Plant Zone. ;) :( :)

2. Mecha Mazgoth

Mecha Mazgoth

Unleash thy fury. Banned
    Bowels of Hell!!!!
    Super Sonic part1: The Beginning
    Sorry to say this, but we know that allready. EVERYONE knows that. But nice obsevation though. People don't really notice when they play(when they don't care) And people who do care, they are people in the Sonic Communitty, like us. :D

3. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    AAAARRRGGHHH!!!!!!! BEAT ME TO IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, yeah. I'm pretty sure everyone knows that already. (Unless your a total h4ck1ng turd!!!) And I do believe you mean, "tiles", not "titles"?

4. Bleeding Cut

Bleeding Cut

Dr. Knuckles Member
    Hey! Just `cause I never knew that doesn`t mean I don`t care! <_< ;) You made me sad........ :( :(

5. Mase

Mase

What exactly are tiles anyway? Are they the basic building sprites of a level?

6. AmyBitch?

AmyBitch?

wub! Banned
    Loving Simon
    A tile (also known as a cell) is a rectangular (usually square) area of a map. A tile can be any size, but is often set up to be approximately the size of the character you're using in your games, pr at least the size of the part of the character that touches the ground, such as feet or wheels. The game map is completely made up of tiles.

The tiles together makes what you see in the level. You usually see tiles when they're repeating in the level, like a loop in a Sonic level.

[​IMG]

7. Mase

Mase

Oh, I get it, so a loop is a tile.
    Thanks, bitch.

8. AmyBitch?

AmyBitch?

wub! Banned
    Loving Simon
    Yes, and the wings in WFZ among other things that you can see repeate in a level.

9. NickW

NickW

Also, Sky Chase & Wing Fortress share the same tiles, believe it or not.

10. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Tiles are similar to bitmap type files. In most 2-D games tiles are set up at the size of 8x8. In sonic games tile sizes are 8x8, 16x16, 128x128, and 256x256. the number that is used is the number of pixels of hight and width that the image is. Usually the only tiles that actually have art in them are the 8x8 tiles, the 16x16 tiles are made up of 4 8x8 tiles and 128x128 are made up of 8 8x8 tiles. 16x16, 128x128 and 256x256 tiles ususally only contain mappings data.

11. CPZ and DEZ used the same tiles ....much like EHZ and HTZ

12. XFox Prower

XFox Prower

x86 Assembly, Tails Search Assistant
    For GBA, tiles can have variable sizes of 8x8, 8x16, 16x16, 32x16, 32x32, and 64x64. Maybe I'm off by one or two but there are 64x64 in there. It can only hold 128 different tiles in its index (regardless of size) so designers try to make each tile take up as little index space as possible yet not waste space. Maps are another thing. The special stage maps for Sonic Advance 2 are actually stored as a top view 1024x1024 image. The whole 3D thing is all from an image rotation engine.

13. NickW

NickW

We said that in one of the first posts.

14. Badass Cyborg

Badass Cyborg

TX
    Maybe he missed it (somehow)? And I never even considered EHZ and HTZ to be sharing the same tile set. :huh:

15. NickW

NickW

Its kind of crazy, but:

All the lost zones use Emerald Hill's tiles
    Hidden Palace uses Oil Ocean & Metropolis tiles (glitched up ones)

16. Badass Cyborg

Badass Cyborg

TX
    I knew HPZ used glitchy OOZ tiles, but it uses MZ tiles as well? Well, that's 2 new things I've learnt in the same day. ;)

17. Mecha Mazgoth

Mecha Mazgoth

Unleash thy fury. Banned
    Bowels of Hell!!!!
    Super Sonic part1: The Beginning
    If you add the patch that includes Eseal's(?) levels for teh Sonic 2 Delta hack, then tey use those tiles(or if you make your own levels), but otherwise, yeah. They do use EHz tiles. And, of cose, HPz uses fucked-up versions of OOz. But they use Mz tiles? Impossable!

18. NickW

NickW

Oh wait, apparently HPZ doesn't use MZ tiles. The faulties of ESE I. Fixed in ESE II.

19. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    I never noticed that HTZ used the same tiles as EHZ. Probably because I always hated Hill Top Zone, so I never noticed any details in it.

20. Bleeding Cut

Bleeding Cut

Dr. Knuckles Member
    Perhaps the reason why in the beta they were called, "Sky Chase Zone" and "Sky Fortress Zone?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.