don't click here

Sonic Wild Fire - For Nintendo Wii

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by BlitzHedgie, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Hmm, looking forward to this game. I hope it sells better than the X360/PS3 game.

2. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

I am a Woodpecker! Except in Dirt! Member
    Lava Reef Zone
    A Sprite-Based Dollmaker and a Card Game
    I actually think this looks kinda interesting, especially since Arabian Nights was one of my favourite books as a kid. (I also all but lived at the library as a kid too though. Go figure.)

So anyhow, yeah, I'll save up my money from selling beadwork faeries and get this. What? What's everyone looking at? Hey, I'll have you know people pay high prices for handcrafted beadwork faeries! ... that and they make great suncatchers. *brick'd*

3. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    After watching a few offscreen videos, I've got to say this.

HOT

Yes, I say. This is win.

4. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Me too.

5. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    IGN seems to think it kicks some level of ass that has yet to be kicked with a 3D sonic game.

6. Shade

Shade

Sazpaimon's account of his Sonic WildFire experience:

Meh. Interesting and gimmicky, perhaps; But it is definitley something I could live without as of now. To be honest, it just kind of seems like some Wii controller tech demo starring Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog is where the meat is at, if you ask me.

7. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Both were made with different audiences in mind.

SWF seems to be one of those arcade-ish "pick up and play" games (just like the best old Sonics), while STH might rely on a heavy storyline with meaningful cutscenes, exploring, cutscenes between levels, differently paced levels depending on the character, emotional cutscenes, cool guitar riffs everywhere, impressive cutscenes that make you feel like a true powerful hedgehog with the power of furry friendship and other cutsceney cutscenes.

So I choose SWF.

8. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    I must concur with ICEknight on that.

9. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    I'd still rather use the dpad than tilting the controller, surely that would ache your arms after a while?

10. Shade

Shade

Seriously though, am I the only one that immediately thought prince of persia? What with the arabic settings, and that part with the spikes shooting out of the ground as he appoached.

11. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

So, now couch potatoes don't even have to worry about pushing buttons! They can just wave the controller about! :P

12. Korama

Korama

Tech Member
    Nope. I just played through Sands of Time and Warrior Within again, so PoP was definitely on my mind when I saw Sonic Wild Fire.
    Now excuse me, I should finally get started with The Two Thrones. :)

13. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    Don't expect much. Two Thrones was a failure IMO. The Warrior Within was much better.

14. Shade

Shade

I'll admit, it was perhaps the slightest bit more linear, but all three of them were anyway. Two Thrones is fine; you'll enjoy it if you liked the first two :P

15. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
    I rather enjoyed WildFire for what it is. The level I played was so damn beautiful graphically and the way the scenery effects Sonic looks really great, something you don't see in a lot of games. It leaves you to want to stop a few times, but you really can't. The object of the game is to run and keep running, and stop as little as possible.

StH can be seen the same way, except you CAN stop and look around or you can just keep going. In the second part of the demo level as Sonic, you play as Sonic running at fullspeed down a long track, taking advantage of your abilities as you move along (See demo video on Cult). Silver however, while being slow, adds to the fun of the game with his powers. I mean, you get to throw large objects at enemies with your MIND, how cool is that? According to a Sega rep, Shadow's gameplay would be simmilar to that of his own title, where you can use weponry and vehicles to guide your way to the goal ring. In essence StH is an attempt to appeal to Oldschool fans, while at the same time getting some Newschool stuff. I found if you could play Sonic Adventure, you could at least play Sonic's levels in StH. Kingdom Valley for example looks and feels very VERY simmiar to Windy Valley, and I enjoyed playing it.

16. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    At least in The Warrior Within you can see old places again =\ In Two Thrones it is a straight path, no loops, no backtracking.

17. Blazer

Blazer

Although it has one of the weirdest plots ever created for a Sonic game (not as weird as the plots for Sonic X-treme created by Chris Senn though, nothing beats that :ph34r:), it looks really nice. I think this game is gonna turn out to be pretty good, considering that aparently it is about speed. Although probably it will be fine for me as long as it isn't about looking for items/enemies as Shadow.

...Do you guys realise that we aren't in 1991 anymore? And even if we were, the plot of Sonic 1 was completly different from this one. It was about Sonic being SONIC, not about classic tales, let alone Arabian Nights. So you guys fail.

And they are using plots like the ones in the Adventure series because they like them, not because they have to. They could use always the same old and boring plot as Nintendo does, but they wanted the plots in the current games to be as they are. The evolution from Sonic 1 to S3&K, and later SA1, proves it.

Oh, and one thing more. It gets REALLY annonying that many peoples defend the Genesis Sonic games thinking that they are superior to the new ones in EVERY DAMN ASPECT and simply can accept a single change <_< These guys really need to learn that nothing is perfect and that we don't live in a world with black and white, but rather a gray world _-_

18. Jayenkai

Jayenkai

Aw, damnit..
    I was happy, 'till I watched This 6 minute video, showing the whole demo level.

I mean, it looks nice, I'll give it that, and I'm sure it's fun.. It's just.. It looks that the way it plays is way too much like a Special Stage as opposed to a normal stage.

19. The Mighty Boosh

The Mighty Boosh

Stupid like a FOX! Member
    I think that looks like a damn good game. A bit gimmicky maybe, but it looks really fun. It's the kind of game you see and just wish you could grab hold of a controller and give it a go.

I'm looking forward to the next generation of games, I hope I'm not disappointed.

20. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    Little gerbil voice from R.A.B.: "O No, it are Anti-Sonic, it are make you lose twenty rings when smashed instead of all."

:P

Seriously, I can see the point of it feeling/looking like a Special Stage instead of a normal stage but hey, it's still challenging and it's more interactive than Dragon's Lair (as played on the Sega CD anyway), that's not to say that Dragon's Lair was not fun in its own way. :P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.