don't click here

PM system broken

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LocalH, May 5, 2006.

1. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    As several people have been locked out of their accounts due to receiving a PM, I have disabled PMs for all non-admin users, to prevent it from happening unwittingly (I myself just had my previous backup get locked because of a PM). Just in case I somehow missed a user group when disabling PMs, DO NOT SEND ANY PMS TO ANYONE AT ALL, PERIOD.

I repeat:

THE PM SYSTEM IS BROKEN. RECEIVING A PM CAUSES THE BOARD TO GIVE AN SQL ERROR WHEN TRYING TO DO ANYTHING. DO NOT PM ANYONE UNTIL THIS PROBLEM IS RESOLVED.

2. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    [​IMG]

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Ah, that's what caused it. No problem, then.

4. Shade

Shade

Random member #1: "lol u suk"
    Random member #2: "o u bitch. PM'd"
    Random member #1: "arg my s2b accounts!"

Taking the PM system out of the equation was a wise idea. Hopefully this setback will be remedied in due time.

5. Robjoe

Robjoe

Oh crap, I killed your back up, Super, and HyenaFox. I didn't know. Sorry about that. :)

6. LocalH

LocalH

That's alright. I was still able to login to the Admin CP and make another account. I can't really do much for the others until Simon comes back and investigates the problem further.

7. Robjoe

Robjoe

Would it be possible to get Super a back-up account as well? He asked me, but somthing went wrong when I tried logging in as the account.

8. Eli White

Eli White

Any way to fix the broken accounts?

9. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    Sup guys, how do I get aprooved? :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

10. Simon

Simon

Oldbie
    OK, try your original account again, it should let you in now. I *think* it might have to do with some "innocent" persistent database connection setting I modified earlier. Still, to be safe, PM will remain disabled until I find out exactly what happened.

11. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Yeah mine is working now.

12. LocalH

LocalH

Mine seems to be working too. I'll now go de-admin "Local_H".

13. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
    From what I could tell, either your PM logs mod screwed something up, or you made another PM mod that calls to ibf_members in the s2b database. Either you got the database wrong, or your table prefix wrong. Check your PHP files.

14. Simon

Simon

Oldbie
    PM has been re-enabled.