don't click here

New Hack is done

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by BadCopNoDonut, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadCopNoDonut

BadCopNoDonut

O RLY? Oldbie
    Sonic D T
    My new hack, Space Base Zone, is done and ready for you all to play and point out any major issues that come up. *Edit* Thanks to JMan, I have a temporary spot to put it(until I get ahold of RikaChou again). Go ahead and download it and play it! Special thanks to 8-Bit Dragon for getting me that Earth b/g, and to RikaChou for fixing all of the technical issues. The zone is right in Emerald Hill's spot, so you just gotta fire up the game, and you start right off in the zone.

[​IMG]

2. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    I'll host it as a project on my website, if you like. It'll get its own page.

3. BadCopNoDonut

BadCopNoDonut

O RLY? Oldbie
    Sonic D T
    The thing is, it is likely going to be a part of Sonic 2-A.E., RikaChou's hack, so it doesn't need its own page. If you could host it in the meantime though, that would be awesome. RikaChou just isn't ready to put out the next release of Sonic 2-A.E., which is why my level hasn't been added into that. Let me know when I can send it to you.

4. Shade

Shade

I just gotta say, that Zone looks fucking sweet.

5. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    I can host it on hacking cult, if you want.

6. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    Well, if Rika agrees, I'll host S2AE on my site, and include your hack as a sub-download.

I don't need a completed version of his levels, but I will need level information.

Discuss it with Rika, and if the okay is given, just email it to me.

7. Eli White

Eli White

Well, thing is, I already have hosting for my hack.

BCND, just send the ROM to my email and I will upload it. Don't worry about bandwidth, genesis ROMs are small.

8. BadCopNoDonut

BadCopNoDonut

O RLY? Oldbie
    Sonic D T
    What's your e-mail address then? If you don't feel like giving it out here, send me a PM on SonicCult or get me on AIM or something. drx was gonna put it up for me, but he seems to be having technical difficulties at the moment, so yeah...

9. jman2050

jman2050

Teh Sonik Haker Tech Member
    TWEAKER EDIT: Link removed by request of hack author.

BadCopNoDonut's level can be found here for the time being until he finds something a tad more permanent.

10. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    SonAR's "ROM hacks" FTP is there for a reason. =P

I still need to make sure that works though.

11. Rarmander

Rarmander

Poetaster Member
    An Empyreal Child
    I didn't like it very much. It didn't have enough variety in my opinion.

12. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    To be honest, I didn't like it much either. It seemed way too plain, the diamonds scenery thing looked weird, and the curves lacked detail.

13. The Mighty Boosh

The Mighty Boosh

Stupid like a FOX! Member
    I agree. It needs a lot more content, a lot more variation. The underneath of the platforms that hangs down could be put on a different plane too, so they are behind you instead of colliding with them, which caused me to fall into death pits a few times. Also, too many death pits!

The art you do have it nice though.

14. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I guess theres a reason pro's designed the original levels...

15. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Eh... I don't like it. Not enough detail, and the level design was too "out there" for me. It needs a lot of work still.

Everything is so gray too. :E

16. PaintGamma

PaintGamma

SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!!! Member
    Between the X and Z keys.
    Pipe Haus v.2.0
    You should animate a few level objects like the diamind thingys. Maybe make a little glow to the lines..?

Also, try to make it flow more with not as many falling sections.

17. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Testing YOUR Hacks Since 2005... Member
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Looking for a Rom Hack to Test.
    Not a terrible Idea, I like the backgroud and the layout looks as if it could be interesting if worked on more, the graphics are very very bland though, as someone mentioned before if you Spruced it up a bit with some animations and also maybe different colours here and there it would look even better, I do like the idea though its definitely a break from the norm.

DJ *runs back to try and build his own version of Hidden Palace which he is calling Deep Depths....

18. uzi9mm

uzi9mm

Pending Member
    I liked it, very nice hax, every thing in space always looks nice

19. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    I saw one of EHZ's Platforms floating out of reach. Not surprising, just the fact you have this and you were able to keep that original as well. Either way, The only improvements I could think of is more imaginative slopes and some Objects.

20. Verse

Verse

Posts once a year. Oldbie
    Pomona, CA , USA
    Freedom Planet Soundtrack
    I noticed that Space Base isn't the only level that's been worked on. Take a look at Aquatic Ruin, minor art edits there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.