don't click here

Zeck's Sonic 1 Cart

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Qjimbo, Apr 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vangar

Vangar

Wow an extra 1. even if it is real... its a 1.

2. Vangar

Vangar

Its a hoax.

Proof

Data that was correct in the first dump has changed? Bullshit.

3. Deathbyteacup

Deathbyteacup

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons. Member
    Wow. You would think even the most simple minded of people would understand that if you dump a cartridge, and it's all but identical to the final except for one bit, that dumping it again and having more changed than just a single bit would mean that either A) the seccond dump is completely screwed up or B) Zeck is a 12 year old retard.

I bet the latter.

4. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Thirteen, but close enough.

5. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    Ok, ok, so this is simply a standard cartridge, but what do you all make of a cart that, when used with a Game Genie, does NOT require the 'Master Code' in order to function with codes active?

My two Soic 1 carts are this way, and are NFR labeled (was there a run where this occurred?).

6. Wow. That's SO cool. It's Not like those Are Rare. It just Seems Like A Sonic 1 Cart With "Not for Resale" On it. I had One Of those, So I've Got "TEH Supas rer SonC Cartige!!1111 Wo0000)0000oo." I Couldn't Find Anything Different, Checksum, Hex-wise, Nothing. Other than That Thing Quick Man Shown.

Oh, Crap, I'm Getting low On trial Member Posts. Better Make the Most of the Rest of my posts.

7. SpinelSun

SpinelSun

Oldbie
    you're either remembering wrong or lying. The "Master Code" patches out the checksum routine. If you don't use this code, any other codes you use WILL cause a red screen because the codes alter the ROM which in turn changes the checksum. And wrong checksum = redscreen cause of the checksum routine.

8. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Yeah, Zeck is a jackass.

9. Shade

Shade

Try Not Capitalizing Every God Damn Word Next Time Round. It'll help, I'm sure.

10. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    you can work this around by turning your GG/AR on AFTER the checksum routine (and MD2's routine check).

Also, stop making fun of Zeck, he's gonna die soon :):(:):(:(:(

11. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Yeah that's retarded. I should never have made the topic really, I was pretty certain it was fake but eh, I thought maybe he wasn't bsing since he didn't send me a full on romhack or something :P

12. Simon

Simon

Oldbie
    Um, did he actually have that cart or did he get the image from Google or something?

Carts with that art/label, if not simply containing the untouched Sonic 1 game, are very likely to be the slightly hacked version that has the Sega logo and GHZ clouds removed. I used to have a 4-in-1 cart that has such a Sonic 1 game, with the exact art/label. I believe that version has already been dumped...

13. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    What, that's not how a regular Sonic 1 cart looks or something?

14. Simon

Simon

Oldbie
    That's how a regular pirated Sonic 1 cart look like, yes. Which often contains a hacked version of Sonic 1 as I described.

15. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    You sure? That's how every Sonic 1 cart I've ever seen looks.

16. Simon

Simon

Oldbie
    OK, the picture just cut off at the "Sega Genesis" logo at the bottom. I thought it was a pirated cart because pirated Sonic carts in the Asian market often used the US label (without "Sega Genesis"), when a regular cart would look like the Japanese version:
    [​IMG]

17. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    So much for Zeck having supposedly improved...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.