don't click here

Hay guys update..

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Cinossu, Apr 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Hay, I know I haven't done anything in forever, but that's because of uni work. Off for 2 weeks, so I can work on it again, so..

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

c.c

2. BadCopNoDonut

BadCopNoDonut

O RLY? Oldbie
    Sonic D T
    If that is actually gonna have time travel capabilities, like it appears to, you sir, win teh internet. That looks sweet, from a technical standpoint. I know its a tall order to change up the level art a bit, but even then, time travel and pallete changes alone is quite a feat.

3. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    that reminds me of how horrible the SCD title card looks.

Anyway, got some time travel going? Nice touch, but is getting a bit overdone. How is it done, like Sonic CD?

And are those silver rings the "subtract" rings? Also, BCND, StephenUK has time travel in his hack, and his demo was remarkable.

4. Shade

Shade

Well, this just looks cool as all hell (I guess hell wouldn't be very "cool", but..you get the idea). Looking forward to it. Nice pallette for the bad future btw.

5. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Fuck you, that rocks. ;_;

Looks like I'm gonna have to try harder to beat you now. ;P

6. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

I absolutely love the pallette in the first screenshot. Nice job.

7. Timecrash

Timecrash

I, Timecrash, will knock you all down! Member
    Wow, great job. Can't wait to see how you're going to pull off time travel.

8. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Erm... Cinossu's hack already had time travel way back when he first announced it.... (a very buggy time travel, but time travel never the less!)

9. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    I thought his hack had time traval with monitors, but those pictures have the sign's, I kinda liked the monitors.

10. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    The monitors are still in there, just they aren't going to be put in levels for use. I use them for quick testing. :P

11. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Hmm, spiffy-looking there. ^_^ I see you're going for the SCD-style, what with the signs, the title cards and the palettes (mimicking the past, bad future and good future palettes of Palmtree Panic).. nice.

It's a shame you haven't yet implemented the new Sonic sprite you showed the spritesheet for in your old topic, though I can understand that since I'd imagine creating all the mappings etc. for that would take time, and you said you haven't worked on this much since you last showed it.

Hope you can find the time to do that at some point. ^^ Aside from that, keep up the good work..! When you have time, that is. ;P

12. ddrmaxromance

ddrmaxromance

Wow, nice job man. :) Time-Travel pulled off nicely it seems.

The one thing I dislike about the Sonic CD title cards are those three white lines. It makes it looks like it's the third zone or something...

13. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Nova Scotia, Canada
    If you arn't going to edit the C.D. style sprites, at least change the pallet to a sonic 2 colour blue, unless you like it that colour, because it's your hack...

...and for everthing else, There's Master Card

14. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    S1 pallet > S2 pallet

15. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    What Rika said. :P But yeah, I will be altering the sprites. Lemme see if I can find the finished edited spritesheet I'll be putting in when I have the time..

[​IMG]

16. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Nova Scotia, Canada
    Maybe silly question, maybe not....Will you be adding a super peel out for super sonic, or are you just going to disable the up+A super run start thing?

And is it just me, or is your super peel out sprite kinda tilted to the right?

17. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    I will be adding a Super Peel-Out to Super Sonic, yes, although it won't be the figure-8 move. :P

It's just you. Anyways, those aren't "my" sprites, they're the official ones from Sonic CD.

18. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    Awesome. I like that your using the S1/SCD sprites for your hack. I can't wait to see it finished!

19. BadCopNoDonut

BadCopNoDonut

O RLY? Oldbie
    Sonic D T
    I know he did, and it was awesome, but this hack also seems to utilize the Sonic CD method more, and it looks like it can do even more as far as time travel.

20. Wowzas, That looks Good. In That Good Future Pallet, The Yellow Blocks in the floor look Like They're Emmiting A Magical Glow or something. By the way, How do you Get the good Future in it? Does It have The Badnik Transporter things in the Past like on Sonic CD? Will The chaos Emeralds Enable It? I suppose I'll have to wait and see...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.