don't click here

Michael Jackson & Sonic 3

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Qjimbo, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just a query but has anyone heard a song called Candyman by some weird euro dance band called Aqua?
    It bares more than a close resemblance to ICZ if you ask me.
    It's not by MJ but I thought I would point it out anyway.

2. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    No. No it does not. Stop suggesting random songs unless you can prove the people who wrote it had input into Sonic 3.

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    How do you know? Have you heard the song?

4. Well obviously they didn't have input because the song itself wasn't released until late 1997. I was just pointing out something that I thought might interest some people.
    On listening to the song again, however I can see your point, but the instruments used sound similar to me.

5. I don't think that's what Quickman's point was. Jacko has a real connection with S3, not Aqua. So while it could be fun to point out random music similarities in another topic, that's pretty much besides the point in this one.

6. Verse

Verse

Posts once a year. Oldbie
    Pomona, CA , USA
    Freedom Planet Soundtrack
    Maybe it's best to let these people see what they want to see, and say what they want to say. Why bother trying to re-rail the topic at this point? What needs to be said has been said. There are some connections between MJ and Sonic 3. Let the retarded newbies find all the "amazing simmilarities" that they want. (Especially if they have nothing to do with Sonic at all. That shows that these people have come to the right place, after all, right?) They just want to be known. It's the new "OMFG I FOND HTE BETA" .. exept with music, and even more pathetic.

7. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Not in this topic. It should be archived or at least locked and the crap split out.

Are you insinuating this isn't a Sonic board at heart?

We got rid of that from this board, let's get rid of this one as well.

8. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I wouldn't call them mediocre similarities... Nothing wrong with noting a few fun matches between Sonic songs and others -- I've actually discovered a lot of cool music that way. You wouldn't catch me listening to Dreams Come True or Michael Jackson before the similarities were found, for example. =P

9. Verse

Verse

Posts once a year. Oldbie
    Pomona, CA , USA
    Freedom Planet Soundtrack
    No, I'm insinuating that it IS. It's hard to show that I was being sarcastic on the internet.

10. Rarmander

Rarmander

Poetaster Member
    An Empyreal Child
    I watched the video earlier today. I have to say Michael Jackson's music does have an uncanny resemblance with the music in Sonic 3, although we already knew that he helped work on the game. This truly reassures me that Michael Jackson worked on the music, because I wasn't so sure before. Good job on it. I look forward to what we will find out next in the upcoming interviews.

11. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Hey, CR! You finally decided to post!

12. Hey guys, decided to register just to post this.

I've been observing (and partially involved in) this interesting set of events, and I decided to make a summary of events that has happened. you can find it here: Michael Jackson and Sonic 3

I apologize if this is in the wrong post/forum/whatever, but I wanted to share this. This also has a few of my theories, if anyone's interested.

13. Shade

Shade

That's a nice summary; I like it. Very comprehensive and a good layout/presentation.

14. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    There might possibly be a couple of changes in the future, gotta wait till saturday for Rogers next reply, though.

15. Shade

Shade

As for WiteoutKing's interview, I suppose it's a no-go?

16. BtCE

BtCE

This is all really intresting. I don't know exactly how I feel completely, but it is atleast cool (even if it has no validity, although it seems too coincidental.) to listen to.

17. Bluespirit

Bluespirit

Pending Member
    Hi. I just found out about this yesterday from the Youtube video, it's pretty cool! Although not that surprising considering MJ's other Sega projects since he's a fan. By the way, I noticed something similar years ago that relates to this. Michael's not the only Jackson with a Sonic music connection, check out the similarity between part of the Bridge Zone music from Sonic on the Game Gear and part of Janet Jackson's Together Again!:

Sonic GG Bridge Zone Music
    http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd6/140543...Bridge_Zone.mp3

Together Again (Although it's a cover version done by a band called the Late Nite Band as it was the only MP3 of the song I could find, lol!)
    http://www.filelodge.com/files/hdd6/140543..._cover_clip.mp3

Sorry I couldn't do any funky mixing of the tunes like others did with the MJ ones but hopefully the similarities should be obvious. :thumbsup:

18. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    Didn't QJimbo mention this a while back?

19. Bluespirit

Bluespirit

Pending Member
    I wouldn't know, I've only just got here, lol! :lol: Sorry if it had been mentioned before, I didn't see it on this thread and this topic just reminded me of it.

20. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    I noticed it myself when playing the game ages ago, but so did countless other people. Cinossu actually made a remix which mixed both songs together, very cool stuff :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.