don't click here

Some "hacking" info for Shadow the Angsthog.

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Zeck, Apr 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeck

Zeck

Taken from my SHIT article.

Code (Text):
    1. File Formats
    3. .ONEs
    5. Info: the .one files are packages used to hold the textures and individual models. The header lists the one version compressor format, which is "One Ver 0.60" All the .one files all packages that keep textures and models packaged within them.
    7. .XNCPs
    9. Info: As far as I know, .XNCP files are used to create actions or animations.
    11. .TXDs
    13. Info: The usual texture pack. They are a different format from Sonic Heroes. All of the textures are kept in this pack.
    15. .FOGs
    17. Info: I'm actually not sure on what these are. I'm assuming create a fog. A .FOG file is usually in each of the stage folders and don't have much in them. Only 1 line has something on it, but even then it's not even full.
    19. AudioData .BINs
    21. Info: These keep sound effects for what they may correspond to, such as stages or boss battles.
    23. .PACs
    25. Info: N/A
    27. .SFDs
    29. Info: CG scenes/cutscenes.
    31. .AFSs
    33. Info: Packages to store something, in this case it's voices for the characters.
    35. .ADXs
    37. Info: Sound such as music or voices.
    39. .MET
    41. Info: Fonts.
    43. Directories
    46. character
    48. Info: Where character .ONE files are kept.
    50. common
    52. Info: This directory holds generic misc. data such as Weapon Resources and Len Flares.
    54. csdFiles
    56. Info: This is where things to make up the little details of the game, such as HUDs, Loading Screens, 2P Results.
    58. discError
    60. Info: Where discerror .TXDs are kept.
    62. enemy
    64. Info: Where enemies' and boss' .ONES are kept.
    66. event
    68. Info: Where events, such as cutscene actions are kept. Seems to use .ONEs and .SCRs file formats.
    70. fonts
    72. Info: Where text/fonts are kept.
    74. sound
    76. Info: Where Audio Data and Sound Effects are kept.
    78. stafroll
    80. Info: Where the .SRD and the .TXD file that make up the credits/staff roll are kept.
    82. stg0xxx (stg0005 to stg0911)
    84. Info: These are where the files that make up the stages in SHTH are kept. Usually contain .TXD files, .ONE files and .DAT files which in the stage's case make up camera data, however, some have .FOG files.
    86. Root Directory
    88. Info: where music and other voices are kept. Also where CG cutscenes are kept.

2. Jet

Jet

Pending Member
    I don't know if this is really important or something totally obvious. I've seen most of this info before just without the game related stuff.

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    As far as I'm aware, he did this research himself. And I didn't really see it posted anywhere else.

Nice job, handy reference.

4. Jet

Jet

Pending Member
    I take back what I said, after reviewing all the information posted it turns out to be a nice little guide. Nice job.

5. Zeck

Zeck

Hopefully when I get the chance I'll try swapping a few things (.txds, .ones etc) for fun and see what I get (I'll take pics).

6. Liliam

Liliam

Previously Fred Oldbie
    Actually, the name is "Emo the Radhog", but what the hell :P

On-topic, though, PACs are, IIRC (or at least in Heroes), SFX / voice packs. It seems their compression format has already been cracked, as I've heard of a fabled unpacking utility, which I have never found (and still want to).

7. Zeck

Zeck

Oh, awesome, thanks. I'll look into finding that tool and see what I can dig up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.