don't click here

Worst aria in a sonic game

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Flygon, Mar 21, 2006.

Whats the worst aria

1. Sonic the hedgehog 3 (and knuckles), CNZ, Act 2, The rotating (cont) barrel.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sonic 2 with knuckles, DEZ, Act 1, 2nd boss.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sonic and Knuckles (and sonic 3), DEZ or Doomsday Zone, Act 2, (cont) When you have no rings when yo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other (Specifey Game, Level, Act, aria/description)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    I'm pretty sure the S&K Collection was only for Windows.

2. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    No, I made the test with those drums when Rlan told me of the trick, and it didn't work. Only works with the stupid-drum.that-blocks-the-way.

3. Shade

Shade

All I know is that back when Sonic 3 first came out, it took me about two years before I finally figured out how to get out of that spinning barrel room in Carnival Night Act 2. And I was pissed when I finally figured it out and realized it was incredibly easy. Now I consider the Zone to have (minus that room) one of the best level designs in the entire series.

4. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Yeah those spinning things confused me too! I thought you had to jump to move them, not press up and down.

5. Shade

Shade

Argh, yeah me too! For two long years. Then I finally gave up. But a wonderous thing happened the following year: My household got the interwebs, and I stumbled across a site detailing how to do it. I was astonished at how blatantly simple it was; And yet you wouldn't think of it unless someone told you. That is an awesome zone, but I have to wonder, what in god's name were they thinking while desinging that room?

6. Shadow MK2

Shadow MK2

Wow, I figured out that drum thing the first time I played it!

7. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    as did I....I feel as if I'm surrounded by fucking retards.

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    How would anybody suspect you had to press up and down in that place? Those barrels were just platforms with nothing to suggest it.

9. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    Knuckles' Chaotix, Amazing Arena, any of the several spots where you have to fight the giant punching Robotnik robot.

10. Timecrash

Timecrash

I, Timecrash, will knock you all down! Member
    The drum. That fucking drum. I've only beaten it twice in my life, but I think I've got the hang of it. And let's not forget Metallic Madness Act 2. That was the only level in history that required me to use a guide. God, that was an annoying level, Act 1 was almost as hard, I beat that in about 7-8 minutes.

11. Kage-Kami

Kage-Kami

I think a good idea for the barrel, would be to have two neon arrows placed upon it. One facing up and one facing down, which would light up when that direction needed to be held on the D-Pad. Would be helpful somewhat, and I think it would fit the general CNZ theme well. But, that's just another one of my sucky ideas =P

As for the most annoying area, I guess it would have to be the spiked pits in MCZ. Although that is one of my favourite levels, those pits make it annoying sometimes. Sorta reminds me of the Sadv2 levels, just nowhere near as bad.

12. Knux13

Knux13

Member since May 19, 2002 Banned
    It is a sad irony that I didn't know that drum was a problem for people, until I started visiting Sonic-related forums. Didn't you people have friends who beat Sonic 3, back in the day?

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    No.

14. Flygon

Flygon

Yes, It is for windows, The reason why I thought it would be good for hacking is because it is in a code for windows, not for Mega Drive/Genesis, unfortunatly I don't know how to hack that program because it dosnt have any sprite files or .txt files, I don't even know how to hack roms apart from object placment :blushing: , it is instead .exe files and some .bin and .cnt files, the .bin by the way is not big enough to be a rom.

Flygon

15. Shade

Shade

You see, that's why we are here :P

16. Timecrash

Timecrash

I, Timecrash, will knock you all down! Member
    I certainly didn't. Then again, I didn't really know my friends well enough to know that they played Sonic. Yeah, that was pretty pathetic.

17. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Pressing up and down isn't the only way. If you time your jumping good enough, then you can get through it that way. It's actually pretty easy.

18. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    I got through by jumping only once in all these 11.5 years.

19. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    If you're playing as Sonic and Tails, of course. Individually they don't have enough force to push the drum down. Anyways, it doesn't work with me. Every time I try, when it's starting to get good results, Sonic and Tails don't get able to jump enough high and touch the drum pushing it down when it was going up.

20. Xilla

Xilla

I only knew one person who had Sonic 3 at the time (Everyone else had jumped to SNES), he claimed to have beaten the whole game. So I asked him (having already seen the real boss in a screenshot) how tricky it was to defeat the Giant Polar Bear in Ice Cap. He said it was really easy, but Grounder was really hard to beat in Launch Base. Needless to say I didn't bother asking him about the barrel.

I glitched my way through said barrel first time. (Used the water shield bounce on it and fell through) So I'll say Green Hills Zone Act 3 from the Game Gear version of Sonic 2. Boss was easy, getting to it though.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.