don't click here

Retro Gamer Issue 22 Sonic Xtreme Scans

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by hxc, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    The magazine with the article in got published :). I scanned the article for you guys in ultra high quallity. It includes credits to Chris, Mike, Me (Jordan Grodecki), and links to Chris's site and Sonic CulT. I only payed the ?5 to get these scans, so credit if used on sites would be nice :)

I have included both lostless 150DPI PNG-24 versions, and JPEG on Adobe Photoshop "High" setting. To my eyes, there is no difference, but no doubt some will see some difference. I did my best on the scans, and I feel they have come out reasonably with no text cut off. I will rescan if people REAAALLY want me too, but I would prefer not to. I also did try with 300DPI but there was very little difference.

Click here to access the scans!

Enjoy

2. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    That link doesn't work. First, it loaded "X-tremely" slow, and when it was finally done, I get one of those "This Page Cannot Be Displayed" messages.

3. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Yeah it's not working for me, I think the whole site is down.

4. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    Works fine here...

5. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Yeah it's loading fine now

6. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Well, the article itself is a bit rambly about details on the auction, but not bad, it's nice for it to get so into the mainstream though. The didn't recommend S2B.com though! Damn them :P

7. Shade

Shade

These are extremely interesting. Seems there was going to be a PC version as well, and it had indeed started life on the 32X and (this is new to me) Sega's cancelled cartridge based system. Oh wow, we are mentioned in this magazine (as well as the Xtreme Auction) :rolleyes: Check pages 37 and 38. Judging by the build they said they played, it is the exact same build presented during the Sonic Xtreme Auction fiasco. Mayhaps Chris Senn will be giving us an omg baetah in the future (Imagines Ratman shitting a brick mansion over his wasted effort)? One can hope...I mean hell, the magazine even mentions the possibility.

Kinda funny seeing all the art he released to us used in a magazine, or our entire Xtreme Auction fiasco mentioned.

Actually, this is bugging me. Read page 38 carefully. It sounds like one of them wanted this to be covered in a magazine article, and had one of the guys involved in the fiasco (Ratman?) cover the event and feed the magazine information. The more I think about this whole thing, the more it seems like one huge conspiracy. Then again, I am paranoid :P But its just all a bit too much for me to throw out of mind. Seriously; Read page 38. Tell me that doesn't make things seem even weirder.

EDIT: Oh, and this should seriously be archived in the future,

8. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    You need to read.

They didn't play any build, and Ratman was covered by the writer purposely.

And Senn doesn't have a beta, geez.

9. Shade

Shade

I skimmed, so sue me :P But touche, nonetheless. I now feel like a moron for making possibly the worst post of my posting career.

Anyhow, thanks for posting this. It is indeed interesting.

10. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Excellent work, in my opinion. The more this information is spread, the higher chance of more former programmers stepping up to add their two cents. And possibly their own fragments of the game. The article seems to concentrate a bit much on Sonic Xtreme being the ultimate Sonic game, though just the fact it was published is good enough for me.

I just hope that, some day, Sega will learn from their various failures and can be more like the company that brought us the Sega Genesis (Megadrive). Of course, Sonic 360 looks promising, but that's off topic.

Keep up the good work.

11. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Awesome. That was a nice read.

12. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Ooh, the winner of the disk provided gameplay info. It sounds quite cool, from what I've read.

13. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Quite a nice article.
    Heh, good.

14. BlitzHedgie

BlitzHedgie

Brisbane, Australia.
    SRB2 Kart server maintenance
    Does anyone know anything about this "Unreleased 32-bit Cartridge System" that Sega apparently had in development? The only system that I know of was the Sega Neptune, and it was just a Sega Mega Drive and a 32X fused together, so it shouldn't have really been any difference.

Anyways, this is my final post in Trial Membership. I've been here a long, long time, making sure I only post things that are relevant. I really like this place, and I hope I get approved for membership. If I don't get approved, well, I had a great time here, thanks to everyone for the help and information that you all contribute, I've spent hours on here at times reading some of the interesting things that are discovered here.

15. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    And no, it isn't about the neptune, its something else, await my interview logs with another guy for information about that :rolleyes: (tech members should know who it is, latest topic about me contacting someone)

16. Were we ever gonna get some clips of the demo playing or somethin'?

17. TapamN

TapamN

Slightly off topic. (But it still relates to Xtreme.)

I was looking though Saturn tech docs... and found this.

I laughed when I read that.

18. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Apparently Assembler has a DVD with clips on, soon to be on the website http://www.sonicxtreme.com/.

19. Cool. Thanks, QJimbo.

20. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.