don't click here

A Mighty pain in the ass.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Unless you heard it from an official source, then I would never believe such a thing.

Just so you know, flying two tailed foxes (like Tails) don't actually get tired. They can fly, though.

2. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

I am a Woodpecker! Except in Dirt! Member
    Lava Reef Zone
    A Sprite-Based Dollmaker and a Card Game
    Well, when you think about it, it kinda makes sense. The repetitiveness in colour scheme, and Mighty is really just a recoloured Sonic with a shell instead of quills to boot. Personally, I liked Mighty, but even as a little kid when I first played Chaotix I noticed he looked like an edited/recoloured Sonic. Unless they re-did Mighty's look a mighty good bit, people nowadays would point and say "OMG! Sonic in recoloured Armadillo form!". Can't really remember WHERE I heard the bit of info to be honest, since it's been a while, but I'll look it up later.

3. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    What do you think Shadow is? :PPP

Again, unless this came from the mouth of Sega/SONICTEAM (or someone else "official"), then I'm not buying it. I like to avoid rumors/theory, thanks.

4. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    That's not a full sentance, it's incorrect to use a period. (j/k)

IIRC (lot's of IIRC on this thread, huh?), Sega owns the rights to all characters, music, etc. Used in their games. Not specific people, not even specific teams. Sega has used Sonic for many things without the creator's consent. This is also why Sega can keep rehashing Sonic 3 even if it (theoretically) uses MJ's music.

Not using Mighty or Ray would just be decisions of developers.

edit: I mispelled "huh."

5. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    That wouldn't make much sense, if you think about it: Shadow was probably designed around the year 2000. Last time we had (and have) heard of Mighty was in 1996, which had been four years ago back then. That's too much of a gap, it doesn't provide an explanation to why Mighty didn't appear in games like Sonic the Fighters and Sonic R. A much better explanation would be that the character design was just not appealing enough, as he looked just too much like Sonic. Now, before you start giving me "OMGBUTSAHDOWISTEHRECOLROEDSONCIWTF", remember: this is 1996. Back when the Sonic games weren't directed at 4 year-olds who just want more Sonic look-alikes, it was directed at a much broader age span. T'was the time when they actually cared about the fans. Besides, his previous (and debutting, for that matter) game had come out in 1992*, four years ago, it's not like he was THAT popular of a character. Ray's case was even worst, he didn't go past his debut.

*As for the release date of Segasonic the Hedgehog, I was under the impression that the prototype was released in the States in 1992, and that the finished version only came out in June 1993 in Japan. I'm just speculating, however.

6. libertyernie

libertyernie

502 Bad Gateway Member
    Umm... Flying squirrels do exist, you know.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_squirrel

7. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    By that same token of logic, why didn't we see Vector or Charmy in either of those games? I'd guess it's more valid to say that when Heroes was being developed, it came down to Mighty vs. Vector, in terms of power characters, and a crocodile versus what looks like the lovechild of Sonic and Knuckles...well.

This is also how I've understood it—in fact, all the release dates I can find are pretty much across the board in saying that SSA came out in 1993.

8. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    I believe it was developed in 1992, but actually released in 1993. Then again, why would the © say 1992?

9. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I'm not stupid.

I was just trying to point out, we are not stupid. We all already know that they do exist. Who doesn't?

10. Christ, do you think we're all retarded or something? We know flying squirrels exist, and we know they actually just glide. We're talking about a video game, dumbass. Rika Chou's point was exactly that, not that we thought flying squirrels were as realistic as Tails.

As for the whole deal with Mighty, who knows? None of the Chaotix came back until Heroes, we could have been talking about all of them up until then, not just Mighty. And we still haven't seen Heavy and Bomb again, don't forget. The reason Mighty wasn't in Team Chaotix, I assume, is simply because Vector is bigger, and having a character called "Mighty" in anything other than strength position would be stupid.

For all we know, SEGA's planning another strange hat-trick like they did with Vector, Charmy and Espio for a future game with Mighty, Heavy and Bomb. And about mighty looking too much like Sonic, he actually looks nothing like him except in Chaotix when he's built off Sonic's sprites. Especially after he gets a SA-style redesign, nobody will look at him and go "edited Sonic lol."

11. libertyernie

libertyernie

502 Bad Gateway Member
    Oh, sorry. I just thought... whatever. :)
    I really don't have much else to say on this topic anyways.

12. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    [​IMG]

13. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    <3 Fiz wins the cake =D

14. Amen to that.

I was actually referring to the fact he doent fly in the game so why is he different from any other squirrel?

Also still cant find where I read that, when was the REV A of the game made anyone know?

Also (again) wasn't mighty made before sonic or have I got that wrong as well?

OFF TOPIC! anyone know how to get futher than the ice level without it crashing?

15. Trigahd

Trigahd

I am your gahd!! Member
    Somewhere in the skies
    Nothing worth mentioning
    Mighty versus Vector? Why would it be by that logic? In Knuckles Chaotix, Mighty was the fastest character in the game, so wouldn't it come down to Mighty and Espio?

16. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    No?

Download new version of emulator. Me caveman. Me hungry.

17. Point one,

concept-mobius.com (not an official source but they seem to know what there talking about)

And point 2,
    Mr caveman, do you not think I have tryed that already?

18. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I would like to know where they get their facts before I believe anyting they say.

Edit: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?sho...0crashes%20MAME

:P

19. Shade

Shade

Fiz, that is the best drawing I have ever seen, message wise.

Its amazing how today's generation can be summed up in three panels.

20. Green Gibbon of GHZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.