don't click here

A Mighty pain in the ass.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    So lately I've been going around to other major Sonic sites that aren't necessarily research-oriented, and along with the piles of fancruft being waded through (Tails was the guardian of the Master Emerald omg!11!!!!), there seems to be this ongoing rumor that the reason Mighty and Ray haven't been seen again is "the creator of the character took the rights with them."

I've been in creative workplaces and know that this is utter horseshit?anything created on company time is the property of the employer. I've yet to find a credit listing for SegaSonic Arcade, but going through Chaotix's design credits, I don't see anything that would raise a particular alarm on "omg left Sega!" anyway.

So my question is: who did create Mighty, are there SSA credits, and beyond "Duh, he just was a poorly designed character," how can this theory be disproved?

2. Simply explain how the law works to these idiots. Jesus, Ray was hideous. Why would anyone want him back anyway?

3. Shade

Shade

Because he could've prevented Big or Cream from being used.

4. Gibbo

Gibbo

Eggman, Deserving a Game since 1991. Member
    Ellesmere Port, UK
    Learning how to use Game Maker
    Those were just rumors anyway so there is no solid proof that whoever designed Mighty and Ray took the rights with them. But does it mention the character designers in the credits?

5. While Big may be retarded, Cream's not half bad as a playable. Sure, the personality sucks, but there you are.

6. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

Ray and Mighty are a heck of a lot better than half the cast of Sonic Heroes. Heck, add Nack in, and you could have an awesome team.

7. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    An awesome team.... with a bright yellow squirrel in it.

8. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    I think Ray is cute, leave him alone. At least he's not all girly like Tails :P

9. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    From what I've heard before, Mighty's creator was Manabu-something (I forget the last name). It's somewhere in the credits of Knuckles' Chaotix.

10. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Manabu Kusunoki would fit, as he's listed as a character designer. What's more, he didn't leave Sega until Artoon was formed.

11. Full credits from the game. Anything there ring any bells?

12. I heard a interesting theory that Ray the Flying Squirrel (who doesn't fly in the game :blink: ? ) was developed into tails... cant remember where I read it though.

13. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Ray evolving into Tails sounds plausible, if not for the fact that Tails was already out when that game was released (IIRC, anyway).

If the above fact is proven false, then I would also have to inquire as to your source of this rumor. Since you can't remember... Google is your friend. :P

14. Blazer

Blazer

Cream>Big>Ray IMO

I disagree. I consider Ray the worst Sonic character ever, with Bark in second position. Even Big is better. I am glad that he didn't come back.

15. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    At least finish off the chain to give it perspective.

Satan > Microsoft Windows > Cream > Big > Ray > Creationists.

16. libertyernie

libertyernie

502 Bad Gateway Member
    Just so you know, flying squirrels (like Ray) can't actually fly. They can glide, though.

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I believe SegaSonic was released in 1992.

18. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    1993?

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Mmm?

Attached Files:

20. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

I am a Woodpecker! Except in Dirt! Member
    Lava Reef Zone
    A Sprite-Based Dollmaker and a Card Game
    I heard somewhere that Mighty's character was dropped because Shadow came into play, and since Shadow had a black and red colour scheme, Mighty and his red/black colour scheme would be too similar so they left him on the cutting room floor. At least, that's what I heard. *shrugs* Feel free to correct me if I'm incorrect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.