don't click here

Sonic N and Nokia's N-Gauge

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mark Jurich, Oct 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Jurich

Mark Jurich

I went to my local game stop the other day and they had a promotional box of the Nokia's N-Gauge and for a couple of games that will be released at the same time. The boxes for the game chips are small grey plastic and about the size of a regular calulator. I know Sonic N is just a remake of Sonic Advance with a different screen format. Latter on I also read two articals in two different gaming magazines that reviewed the N-Gauge. They said inorder to swap games you have to remove the back of the N-Gauge. Then its battery. AND Then you can change to game chip. Sounds like a hassle to me. Also I read you can toogle the screen to different sizes. And so I got to thinking about it and was wondering do you think its worth it or just another potentially good idea failed. :huh:

2. SGR

SGR

Give me the gams. Member
    I don't think it's a good substitute for a Gameboy or any handheld console.

3. BtCE

BtCE

Ahem *nokiangagesucksabigone* HA! that's not even as hard to read as the N Gage is to put a game in......

4. Timecrash

Timecrash

I, Timecrash, will knock you all down! Member
    I agree. N-Gauge is just a crappy fusion of the GBA and a phone.

5. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

Working on a vulkan game engine for fun. Learning Ray-Tracing.
    I may get it if it goes to $50.

6. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    I saw some N-Gages for sale at my local EB Games today. Jesus, who needs a Cell Phone and A hand-held game together? They just need to keep it to the game system, and that's it. That's why I don't like the X-Box. "It's a game console! And a CD-Player! And a DVD-Player! And it gives you oral sex! W00T OMFG!!1!"

They also had Sonic-N and Puyo Pop for sale there. I wanted to play Puyo Pop, but the demos weren't plugged in, so I played Viewtiful Joe. Yay.

7. BtCE

BtCE

*Claps for Fiz, for playing Viewtiful Joe*

8. About the only good thing I can think of with the N-Gage is wireless bluetooth gameplay, something which to the best of my knowledge GBA does not have YET (I recently heard wireless gameplay on the GBA is coming this winter or early next year).

Still, I'd rather buy a GBA as it has over 500 games (Including old GB and GBP/GBC games) and costs $200 less than the N-Gage.

9. XFox Prower

XFox Prower

x86 Assembly, Tails Search Assistant
    Yikes! How much does this N-Gage thingy cost? $300? I've seen worse, but that's 3 times the price of a Gamecube and 1.5 times the price of a PS2 / XBox.But the most expensive portable I've seen (and I have one) is the Turbo Express which was once around $400 I think. Unfortunately its display isn't working right. I used to watch TV on it. First color portable I believe.

10. Phredreeke

Phredreeke

Oldbie
    I haven't played one, but to me it seems that the screenformat is quite narrow (anyone got specs?). I'd assume playing Sonic or any scrolling platformer on it would be pretty tricky.

11. SupperTails66

SupperTails66

Tech Member
    NGage = bad, rotten, stupid, horrid, idiodic, unecissary, worthless @#&@&%$$!!! That's what I think of it...

12. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    I hated Gameboy until Sonic appeared on it. I believe that N-gage will be popular in a while.

13. Mark Jurich

Mark Jurich

Yah I kinda agree with you guys enless the price drops to less then 50 bucks I'm not buying it. and XFoxPrower the Atari Lynx was the first portable with color, then came eigther the game gear or the Turbo Express. I'm not sure which though.

14. Mecha Mazgoth

Mecha Mazgoth

Unleash thy fury. Banned
    Bowels of Hell!!!!
    Super Sonic part1: The Beginning
    N Gauge= teh suck
    Gameboy, GameGear, Mega Drive, Mega CD(Sonic CD),32X(Chaotix), Nintendo systems, PS systems, PC= AWSOME!!!!!!!
    Atari Jaguar= teh suck
    Atari systems= eh...OK
    X Box= EVIL!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: Death to Bill Gates!!!!!!

15. XFox Prower

XFox Prower

x86 Assembly, Tails Search Assistant
    Ok I wasn't sure. I have a Lynx also (still works too).

<edit>
    I just noticed. Of the few pics I seen of this N-Gauge, it looks alot like the shape of the Lynx, hmm.
    </edit>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.