don't click here

Sonic Rumble, a "Fall Guys" inspired game coming this winter

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Souplike, Mar 1, 2024.

1. GoldeMan

GoldeMan

Texas
    I like the name Sonic Rumble so much more than Toys Party. But yeah, in agreement that the framerate on the gameplay looked kinda embarrassing.

It looks close to how the leaked footage did so I'm hoping it's just a bad capture of the game and not the actual performance.

2. Snowbound

Snowbound

This looks awful… so of course i applied for the beta test lol

seriously rn this just looks like a fall guys rip off with a sonic skin. The gameplay seems very slow and not sonic-like. The framerate is terrible, I can’t tell if it’s the actual game or the recording. Either way it’s not the best first impression. Hopefully I’ll be pleasantly surprised but I won’t cry over a so-so mobile game. Cute artstyle tho

Last edited: May 8, 2024
  3. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

If Pokémon is anything to go by, a bad framerate in trailers is indicative of a game performing very well commercially.

Anyway, game looks naff. Not interested. I'll give it a go, but I don't expect much.

4. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Rovio is developing this. It's their first game as a Sega studio.

Anyway, the art style is cute, it's like they took the modern Sonic character designs and classic-ified them. Otherwise, I really cannot say I care that much. I've never been big into battle royales (except for Mario 35, rest in spaghetti never forgetti), didn't care for what I played of Fall Guys that much, and the frame rate is even lower than the number of good Sonic games released in the 2000s.

5. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Us olds are not the primary demographic for this game, clearly. I'm sure my nephew will give it a shot. To me, it looks like what I'd expect from Rovio.

6. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I can get down with a wacky battle royale thing if the microtransactions aren't too bullshit, but that framerate is embarrassing. This might be the worst Sonic reveal ever from a technical standpoint.

7. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    SEGA always struggles with this for some baffling reason. How hard is it to get stable-framerate, high-quality recordings of your own games?

Unless... this isn't because the footage is bad, the game is just that unstable. I sorely hope not.

8. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    It reminded me of the bad framerate in the Sonic Frontiers reveal trailer, you think they would've learned something from that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Bless SEGA always being honest about their poor performing games in trailers.

10. Jaxer

Jaxer

Anyone else notice how there's zero information about which platforms this will be released on?

Neither the trailer or the website says anything.

11. Violet CLM

Violet CLM

The website recommends "
    • iPhone 11 or later
    • Android OS 8.0 or later, 4 GB RAM or more
    ."

12. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    I mean, it's mobile. Android and iOS. I didn't think that would have to be specified unless it was locked to one or the other like Dream Team.
    Either way the website does specify when you go to apply for the beta.
    upload_2024-5-8_15-28-34.png
    Oops ninja'd but there's a screenshot at least.

13. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    It looks like Tails just didn't receive as many design changes as the rest, since that same render of tails is seen in the full artwork on the site.
    upload_2024-5-8_17-7-54.jpeg

14. According to Midori, it might release for other plataforms:
    [​IMG]

15. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

...why do you have to navigate all the way to the beta test application to get any indication of what platforms this is on?

16. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Maybe they just know that the game looks like such absolute new age vomit there's no way anyone would it could be for anything other than mobile.

17. Snowbound

Snowbound

18. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Starlight Carnival bros, we're home.

19. Snowbound

Snowbound