Sonic Rumble, a "Fall Guys" inspired game coming this winter

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Souplike, Mar 1, 2024.

1. GoldeMan

GoldeMan

Texas
    They really like getting as much mileage out of as many decade+ old assets as possible. At least Splash Hills got a remix this time around. It looks a little worse then I expected, but since it's a mobile game I'm not counting too much against it. I like the idea of a big multiplayer on-foot Sonic racing game like a modernized Sonic R, but I'm not expecting this to scratch that itch as much as I hoped. Though it doesn't look dreadful.

2. Ted909

Ted909

the future kick your ass Member
    They'd have a hard job doing that as a "Sega Networks" hasn't existed for a while now. I think I'm right in saying though that in Sega's current structure there is a division dedicated to mobile stuff (Div.4), which is essentially the continuation of it, and also seemingly used to be where the new JSR was being made too until they moved it under the one doing Crazy Taxi (Div.3).

I assume that's what they mean by Networks if this is true. But who knows.

3. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Looks decent. I like the idea of fast speedy fall guys so I'll definitely give this a try when it releases, which i assume will be fairly soon now.

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Don't give a shit about this or the topic. Save any leaks for eventual wiki usage.

5. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    It's Green Hill, Chemical Plant, and Sky Sanctuary. What more could we possibly want?

6. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Controller support.

7. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Or a non-mobile release. I wouldn't mind a Sonic-branded Fall Guys knockoff to compete with Stumble Guys on Steam. (Or at least, those are about the only games with that formula I'm aware of.)

8. shilz

shilz

I can't really imagine the game going to higher than mobile and multiplatform but if it did it's probably time SEGA sets up a new "SEGA Accounts" system so everything carries over. They'll probably need to do that for other games anyways.

9. Souplike

Souplike

I just do stuff, I guess... Member
    Aquatic Ruin Zone
    Chaotix Re-Bound

I know this thread is paused for now, but I think I just found a piece of interesting gameplay from a video uploaded to YouTube two weeks ago. It gives a closer look into the prototype of Sonic Toys Party that was leaked, and I believe this video was leaked as well.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
  10. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    According to Midori, the title has changed to Sonic Rumble.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  12. Snowbound

Snowbound

Hmm I wonder if we’re getting a Sonic Central soon or if they are gonna make a standalone announcement for this mobile game

13. shilz

shilz

Sonic Central seems to be a format restricted to Sonic's birthday, and kind of worse than that just a higher production value version of what you might see in the regular Livestreams with only information they're willing to put out exactly in the moment for anything else.

Standalone announcements that happen across a few weeks and weekdays are more realistic.

Edit: Unfortunately now that I check, the original one WAS in May, but very close to June, with the second being early June and last year's being the 23rd. So it could theoretically be soon, but I can't imagine why they would jump around like that.

Last edited: May 7, 2024
  14. Kilo

Kilo

Canada
  15. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Some notes:
    • The linked twitter bio mentions custom characters. We saw something like that in the leaked footage, but now we know for certain that it's not just filler avatars or something. Good! I'm glad that system from Forces is being used in a mobile game, it always made sense.
    • The (slightly uncanny) renders show Zavok and Jet as playable characters, which I don't think we saw before?
    • The beta test starts on a Deep Dive Zone recording day! I know a bonus episode WE can make!
    • Lava Mountain from Lost World is in the game.
    • The render shows actual molding seams on the trees, implying they're literally made out of plastic.
    • Rather awkwardly, the bottom of the page has the "toy" Sonic render on the right, with what appears to just be a normal Tails on the left? Maybe his legs are shorter, but look how different the eyes and fur texture are.
    • Starlight Carnival is one of the playable stages, though the assets look really similar to the ARK level from Sonic X Shadow's Oiled-Up Twerk-Off Generations.

16. Here's the trailer.

17. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I'm also taking applications to join my Rumble Squad. You must have 40 years of experience in Sonic Games. No Marios.

18. Kilo

Kilo

Canada
    That game footage is lagging A LOT... Not exactly a good look. But I'm hoping it's just a beta being a beta and performance improves on full release.

19. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    It's a cool idea. Kids will probably like it. Always playing mobile games. I hope they smooth the gameplay experience though. Framerate looks horrendous.

20. Hamzawesome

Hamzawesome

That framerate is awful, I have no idea why you'd reveal a game like this.