don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    One thing I am very sick of is that anytime my boss is reminded that Keanu exists, he has to go off for a few minutes about how shitty of an actor he is and that in all his movies he's just some lazy stoner guy with no talent, before immediately contradicting himself by saying how good he was in the Matrix. So I will do my best to not mention to him that Keanu is in an upcoming movie I'm excited about, and I hope to god he doesn't come across any articles about it, because holy hell I don't want to have to hear another ten times this year how much Keanu sucks because my boss doesn't like comedies and probably just shouldn't have watched Bill & Ted.

2. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection

3. Wildcat

Wildcat

Cool. I like Keanu Reeves.

Never got into the Matrix (saw the first a long time ago) or John Wick but I like him in other stuff I’ve seen.

4. it's fucking funny both Eldras and Keanu were in cyberpunk 2077 lol.

5. Linkabel

Linkabel

I wonder if they had something cool planned to reveal he was Shadow and John basically forced their hand to confirm the news.

I don't think it's a coincidence they made Shadow's bike a real thing and going on tour, and Keanu is really into them. Maybe they were going to reveal the news in June or during SDCC.

6. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    [​IMG]

The ancient prophecy was a little off, but it was foretold.

Vin Diesel to play Rouge in Sonic 4.

7. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    There's no official confirmation. Nothing official has come out from Paramount.

8. Linkabel

Linkabel

Well, you are right. Still, it's him. Variety and THR are using their own sources other than John to say he's the voice of Shadow. Would be honestly surprised if they're all wrong.

And when Paramount confirms it's him then the surprise is gone either way.

9. BigTigerM

BigTigerM

I'm kind of scared that Colleen is prolly gonna get thrown to the wayside in favour of Idris, Carrey and whomever is voicing Shadow on the advertising front. I just wanna see a voice actor I've grown up with get some solid publicity - were it so easy, though...

10. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    It wouldn't be the first time Colleen got pushed to the side. That was a massive controversy with Sonic 2 when her name wasn't even on the poster.

11. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Chaos Control is basically Neo powers, so it fits. My younger brother would've lost his shit if it were Hayden Christiansen. Now how much Matrix will they shove in for Sonic to comment on?

12. BigTigerM

BigTigerM

I remember that, yeah. Now I'm extra concerned for the balancing of the movie as a whole... Spoilers for general rumour and speculation.

I've heard that the runtime of the film will probably be around 2h30, and that alongside Shadow they were adding one extra mainline character to the cast - not accounting for both the new G.U.N. Agent, Gerald or Maria, mind you. Then you have to factor the family drama portion of the film into the equation, and it really begins to feel like this film is gonna be cramped. Or maybe I'm just gettin' too worried.

13. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    I am 100% okay with this casting choice. Now bring on the trailer where we actually hear him speaking.

14. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    I personally think that the movie series is going to move away from the human characters (Aside from Robotnik and Stone), at least. Let's look at the factors;
    • No one watches the Sonic movies for Tom and Maddie. Assuming you naturally write them out I don't think people will care.
    • As more CG characters get added to the series, which arguably take priority over Tom and Maddie, it forces them into being background characters, and then it becomes a waste of money rehiring James Marsden over and over.
    • As the movies become closer and closer to true adaptations of the games, it becomes harder to write Tom and Maddie into them. What happens when you get to Sonic Colors?
    • The stories of the movies have been following the plotline of Sonic growing up, you can't just give him parents forever if he's going from 12 to 14, to 16.
    • According to the description of Sonic 3's trailer, Robotnik has let go of himself because he can't find Sonic. If Sonic's still living with Tom and Maddie, then it shouldn't be that hard to find him, Robotnik would know he's still in Green Hills. So it's possible that Sonic's already moving on from them.
    So personally, I'm not that worried about that aspect of story balancing at least.

15. This image is older than most Sonic fans currently on the Internet.

16. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    To me this was the least interesting fancast, so I'm not really thrilled if this turns out to be the truth.

17. Spamitex

Spamitex

#1 Knuckles Fan Member
    [​IMG]

Maybe I'm just in denial, but I can't help but feel like it's too early to call this the "Official Cast"

- What about Eggman? We know Jim Carrey is back for the role, so it seems only reasonable to include him. Not to mention Agent Stone, who is also confirmed to reappear

- What about Tom and Maddie, whose actors are back as well. But haven't been in focus for any of the plot details so far, nor even...mentioned? We at least know Maddie's Sister Actor / Bridezilla hasn't made any noticable mentions about Movie 3 yet so it doesn't currently seem likely to involve them.

- What about the new actors involved? We know obviously one of them is gonna be...you know her. But on the whole, I suppose it just seems like we're calling it early, too early

If you want my prediction on the matter. I'd wager we'll find out every major CGI Character in the film in the first trailer, or to be exact we'll know if Amy is in the Movie by the end of the premiere trailer. Rogue will get swapped out for Agent Stone, and ultimately expect someone to get casted as Professor Gerald. Not a leaker, just like guessing. So overall, Amy's fate will be obvious by the end of the first public trailer, Gerald is a given, and Stobotnk 3 will be real.

18. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    It just says official cast, not the entire final cast

19. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    It's just a clout-chasing Twitter account trying to cash in on the hype. Nothing more to it.

20. [​IMG][​IMG]
    I guess it was destiny.