don't click here

Fearless Year of Shadow Campaign

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Kilo, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Kilo

Kilo

That inbetween sprite from S&K's title screen Tech Member
    Canada
    After a bunch of teasers from various Sonic influencers talking about yesterday's eclipse using Shadow's shadow, a new marketing campaign's just been announced called Fearless Year of Shadow. With this trailer being posted on Twitter. They also linked a website in the replies but it doesn't seem to be up just yet (As of 5 minutes of it being posted).
    Pretty obviously this is about the Shadow related content releasing this year such as Sonic x Shadow Generations and Sonic Movie 3.
    upload_2024-4-9_11-5-24.png

Edit: First part of this campaign's also been announced, as you'll be able to unlock most (if not all, I'm not a religious player) of Shadow's variants in Sonic Forces mobile. Hardlight's Tweet.
    upload_2024-4-9_11-15-12.png
    Which also provides a proper look at the Fearless Year of Shadow logo, as the trailer just uses a sketch thing.

Edit 2: Site is now up. And has a new render of Shadow, and there's also some sort of race hosted by Red Bull in Austin Texas that'll have a Shadow themed motorcycle.

Edit 3: The Japanese Sonic Twitter account released a different trailer, rather than some cringey kids on bikes it has a CG animation of Shadow breaking through something and seemingly waking up?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2024
  2. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    upload_2024-4-9_9-36-40.png
    This is a nice-looking render, it reminds me of that really good one from Colors Ultimate.

3. Kilo

Kilo

Canada
    A full art piece has been released using the explosion background from the Japanese trailer, and the new render.
    [​IMG]
    Also Sonic is here, hi Sonic.

Edit: Sonic Forces also has new loading screens for the event. While one of the renders has been around for a while it seems to have a new render as well that's got a very nice and dynamic pose.
    [​IMG]
    Although the lighting is the same as the other 2010s renders which is a little disappointing, but I'll take posing over lighting any day.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2024
  4. Felik

Felik

This is speculation, obviously, but I find it interesting and a little funny how Sega is fully aware of how memed and one-note Shadow's "doom and gloom" personality is, so they decided to lighten up his face expression a little. But they didn't fully commit to it, possibly so that he wouldn't look like Sonic, leaving him with this weird Schrödinger's smile

5. Vertette

Vertette

Let's hope this goes better than the Year of Luigi. Let's go, Shadowbros!

6. kazz

kazz

16-bait Member
    [​IMG]
    The smug smirk is iconic and Sonic Team should be ashamed for giving him that blank scowl for so long.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Oh we're so fucking baaaaaaack Shadow bros.

8. CharlaChale

CharlaChale

Little Dolly Member
    Shadow bros... Shadbros? Shabros? .. Brodows? Cool people.

9. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    Whatever, don't care. Wake me up when it's the year of the Black Market Chao
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Yeah, can't say I care about this either. Just another sign of where the focus is now.

11. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Pajamas, Movie 3 and Shadow Generations. We're picking up the slack after Classic fumbled the ball last year. It's a good year for us Shadies.
    IMG_20240409_130958.png

12. Jaxer

Jaxer

I'll be completely honest, I thought that this whole thing - the name, the trailer, the website - was an ironic parody at first

13. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    I'm not a Shadow hater or anything I just think it's funny that people are acting like Shadow was some kind of neglected or forgotten character, I feel like he's found his way into most Sonic games since SA2. Shadow fans have been eating well for like 20 years lol

14. Kilo

Kilo

Canada
    Except no, he's been neglected for over half of his existence. In the past 14 years, Shadow wasn't present in Colors, only another cheerleader/rival with nothing to do in Generations, wasn't present for Lost World, was an actual parody of himself in Boom, and wasn't present in Frontiers. The most he's done in over a decade was Episode Shadow in Forces, which was a massive nothing burger which last minute retconned Infinite as Eggman's creation into a whiny bitch that can't take a loss. His personality in the comics was reduced to "Friends make you weak and pathetic" too for a good while. The last real time he mattered was Sonic 06. I think it's more than fair that he gets a year to course correct.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  15. aria

aria

growl from the digital haze Member
    i saw soned2 supports chaotix five minutes ago
    we are so back, its time to properly add shadow to superstars now.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  16. BenoitRen

BenoitRen

Tech Member
    What do you mean, most Sonic games since Sonic Adventure 2? Now you pushed my list-making button! Here's the list of games where Shadow is not present:
    • Sonic Advance
    • Sonic Advance 2
    • Sonic Advance 3
    • Sonic Rush
    • Sonic Rush Adventure
    • Sonic Unleashed
    • Sonic the Hedgehog 4
    • Sonic Colors
    • Sonic Lost World
    • Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
    • Sonic Mania
    • Sonic Frontiers
    • Sonic Superstars
    • Sonic Dream Team

17. KaiGCS

KaiGCS

Huh. Well. Good for him? I don't care for Shadow, but as long as we keep getting games like Superstars, I won't have anything to complain about!

18. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    I probably should've narrowed it down to mainline games, now I've made a fool of myself. Okay I was wrong! Year of Shadow let's go!
    upload_2024-4-9_23-53-44.jpeg
    (shadow came to my house and did this to me because I insulted him... he won't leave...)

19. Vanishing Vision

Vanishing Vision

playtimeisover.jpg

20. CharlaChale

CharlaChale

Little Dolly Member
    i'm not clever enough to make a year of luigi joke out of that (ok tbh didnt see that the image was responding to another message about the year of luigi, that makes this post rather redundant. oops. feel free to trash)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2024