don't click here

Sonic Toys Party, a 'Fall Guys' inspired game, rumored to release in summer 2024 on mobile devices.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Souplike, Mar 1, 2024.

1. GoldeMan

GoldeMan

Texas
    They really like getting as much mileage out of as many decade+ old assets as possible. At least Splash Hills got a remix this time around. It looks a little worse then I expected, but since it's a mobile game I'm not counting too much against it. I like the idea of a big multiplayer on-foot Sonic racing game like a modernized Sonic R, but I'm not expecting this to scratch that itch as much as I hoped. Though it doesn't look dreadful.

2. Ted909

Ted909

the future kick your ass Member
    They'd have a hard job doing that as a "Sega Networks" hasn't existed for a while now. I think I'm right in saying though that in Sega's current structure there is a division dedicated to mobile stuff (Div.4), which is essentially the continuation of it, and also seemingly used to be where the new JSR was being made too until they moved it under the one doing Crazy Taxi (Div.3).

I assume that's what they mean by Networks if this is true. But who knows.

3. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Looks decent. I like the idea of fast speedy fall guys so I'll definitely give this a try when it releases, which i assume will be fairly soon now.

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Don't give a shit about this or the topic. Save any leaks for eventual wiki usage.

5. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    It's Green Hill, Chemical Plant, and Sky Sanctuary. What more could we possibly want?

6. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Controller support.

7. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Or a non-mobile release. I wouldn't mind a Sonic-branded Fall Guys knockoff to compete with Stumble Guys on Steam. (Or at least, those are about the only games with that formula I'm aware of.)

8. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    I can't really imagine the game going to higher than mobile and multiplatform but if it did it's probably time SEGA sets up a new "SEGA Accounts" system so everything carries over. They'll probably need to do that for other games anyways.

9. Souplike

Souplike

I just do stuff, I guess... Member
    Aquatic Ruin Zone
    Chaotix Re-Bound

I know this thread is paused for now, but I think I just found a piece of interesting gameplay from a video uploaded to YouTube two weeks ago. It gives a closer look into the prototype of Sonic Toys Party that was leaked, and I believe this video was leaked as well.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024