don't click here

Sonic Toys Party, a 'Fall Guys' inspired game, rumored to release in summer 2024 on mobile devices.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Souplike, Mar 1, 2024.

1. Souplike

Souplike

I just do stuff, I guess... Member
    Aquatic Ruin Zone
    Chaotix Re-Bound
    According to Insider Gaming, a new free-to-play Sonic game inspired by Fall Guys (a racing game by Mediatonic and Epic Games, which they had previously collaborated with) is rumored to have been shared internally through videos by the sites' sources.

It is thought to be released during the summer of this year. @MbKKssTBhz5 first leaked the game on Twitter in January in this tweet, stating that it would be very similar to Fall Guys.

Some leakers believe that the game will use designs of characters from the Sonic & Friends shorts, as it's very close design-wise to Fall Guys.

Though it's not confirmed that this game will come out (at least for now), do you feel like a Fall Guys-inspired game will be successful, especially with the fact that they both have had a collab together?

2. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I wanted Sonic 99...

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. GoldeMan

GoldeMan

Texas
    As long as they handle their content better then how Fall Guys (Vaulting half the game's stages) does currently then I can see this being a fun time! I really enjoy Fall Guys for what it is, and a Sonic version could be a fun alternative.

But the Sonic branded mini game on Fall Guys is one of the clunkiest, so I hope its better than that.

4. aria

aria

growl from the digital haze Member
    i saw soned2 supports chaotix five minutes ago
    I'm open to Sonic Fall Guys if it's fun, and well, better handled than Fall Guys much like mentioned in the post above. I get the vibe that this is going to be immediately dead a few weeks (or hell, even days) after launch though, esp if it's mobile only.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Not being very subtle with that logo's inspiration :V

6. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Alright, who's on the squad?
    My Knuckles is a problem

7. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    might be wrong but isn't that a fan-made render?
    [​IMG]

8. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Boy howdy, this is a game, alright. It doesn't look especially stable, though that may just be the quality of the leak.

9. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Those dead-eyed models, haha.

Anyway if this isn't as monetarily-predatory as the Sonic Dash lineage has been, it might be fun. But also, it'll totally be either that or exclusive to some shit service nobody uses. At least it doesn't seem to have a story people can miss out on.

10. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

Dracula/Count Sonic is in this, it's an instant 10/10.

(Good lord this looks rough!)

11. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Always a worry when they use Sonic 4 music.

12. Snowbound

Snowbound

Last edited: Mar 25, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
  14. Snowbound

Snowbound

15. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Yeah, there’s zero chance of this not being an MTX shitshow

16. I've always had a knack for platform racers, but I'm a bit worried about the character movement. The characters' movements seem slow with little momentum. Hopefully, the final game will manage to be fun and fast (as any good Sonic game should be).

Also, I like the music used in the trailer.

17. Souplike

Souplike

I just do stuff, I guess... Member
    Aquatic Ruin Zone
    Chaotix Re-Bound
    I didn't expect the leaked trailer to drop this suddenly, but I guess the leaks according to Midori were true.

As for the trailer itself, this game needs some work. Even the leaked video is from a beta, in-development version of the game from a year ago, they will need to polish it if they want any chance of people playing it. And not only that. As Black Squirrel just pointed out, if any Sonic game uses Splash Hill music, there will be something wrong. Guaranteed. The game even looks like Fall Guys, using similar material properties, and even the 'Race Start' area looks like it was ripped off from Fall Guys. Menu as well, showing even greater inspiration from Fall Guys, with Seasons and even specific game-type servers. But that doesn't mean the game will turn out bad. Maybe it'll be fun! I guess we'll find out when it releases!
    compare.png Screenshot (16).png

18. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    That's not the Sonic and Friends style at all :(

19. Jaxer

Jaxer

Speak for yourself, I'm loving this Splash Hill remix