don't click here

'Super Monkey Ball Banana Rumble' announced (Switch, June 25th 2024)

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by MykonosFan, Feb 21, 2024.

1. I'm not on about the number of Polygons. Monkeyball started life on NA@MI hardly a polygon monster. I liked the look of the Arcade game and the Cube versions, Monkeball 2 really had amazing visuals for the time.
    It was the change in the art direction with Blitz and I've disliked the look ever since

I like a change in the art direction and also a proper numbered sequel with a heavy focus on multi-player online mini-games and hopefully dumping Unity for the project

2. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Pretty much my thinking. It looks like it'll be really easy to just call it "Super Monkey Ball" and give it a few exclusive levels/multiplayer content.

3. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Huh that's odd. I guess that was the case with Banana Mania and prior releases?

4. Trippled

Trippled

yeah it was with banana blitz hd and mania

5. TapamN

TapamN

I LOVE the bright, sharp, and shiny style used in the earlier Monkey Balls, LA Machineguns, Daytona USA 2 and 2001, Planet Harriers, Spikeout, VOOT, Sports Jam, F-Zero GX, etc. I wish more games used a similar style. I want it back.

A dash move is a far more fitting addition to Monkey Ball than jumping. There's a lot more potential for interesting level design with it and how it interacts with the game's physics. How well it works in practice would depend a lot on how the dash move works and the level design, though.