don't click here

Sonic X Shadow Generations announced, releases Autumn 2024

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by charcoal, Jan 29, 2024.

1. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    There is no fucking way Sega's gonna title it that and risk kids searching up "Sonic x Shadow"

2. That One Guy Josh

That One Guy Josh

Speaks English AND Balanese. Member
    I cackled when I read the game title. This's got to be a joke, right?... right?

3. I don’t know how marketing would let that happen but at the same time the games industry has been obsessed with ThingXThing for the last couple years and is used to signify crossovers and companies/developers entering the gaping maw of consolidation.

4. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    They'd better hope this game completely floods the first few pages of search engines.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. Hamzawesome

Hamzawesome

A Sonic and Shadow game seems like something a fan would come up with, so it's probably fake.

I am dreading this Generations remaster though, Sega has screwed up literally every Sonic remaster we've ever got.

6. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    The domain was registered a month ago, and it's masked in the same way Superstars is. The domain is probably legit, whether or not that's the actual name remains to be seen.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Call it Sonic v Shadow: Dawn of Justice

8. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    I think the name "Sonic x Shadow Generations" is so weird and doesn't really roll off the tongue very well but fwiw there was already an official thing titled Sonic x Shadow
    upload_2024-1-30_19-36-57.jpeg
    classic sonic is going to feel like such a third wheel in this lol
    I'll only accept this if there's a scene where Shadow decks Sonic with a bathroom sink
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Kyro

Kyro

The [Character] x [Character] thing is more popular in Japan, if im not mistaken? It would probably be changed for the localized name I would have to imagine, my understanding is it doesnt have the same "shipping" connotation that it does here.

Although I hope thats the actual title because i think it would be hilarious

10. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Do we have precedent for a Sonic game's site name being different from the release title? Seems like if it's that different they wouldn't register a domain with such a name.

11. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Unfortunate / hilarious name aside, I gotta give it to them.

Having a game that's "Sonic's colorful legacy but we overwrite it to be about Shadow" is pretty on-point to what fans want.

12. VenomTH

VenomTH

Whatever is being announced on the State of Play is definitely game-related but what kind of game would be named Sonic X Shadow Generations? Perhaps some kind of small-scale Sonic Generations-type game featuring Shadow (but with Sonic in the title)? I feel like the initiative of promoting Shadow in different games would make more sense.

13. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    It's been picking up in the west for the last few years.

14. I don't think Sega are as terminally online as Sonic fans, so I don't expect them to understand the implications

15. kazz

kazz

16-bait Member
    Sonic & Shadow Generations would be a perfectly fine, perfectly obvious name. Mind you that you can't use the '&' symbol in a web domain name.

16. KaiGCS

KaiGCS

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

17. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    • Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
  19. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    I doubt the story will be changed, but I also don't know what more they could add with Shadow for it to be worthy of altering the title. I can't imagine it going much further than the Colors Ultimate Metal Sonic races, but they didn't call Colors Ultimate "Sonic X Metal Sonic Colors", did they? (they didn't even include Rise of the Wisps)

20. Truly, Azookara is a family guy.