Sonic X Shadow Generations announced, releases Autumn 2024

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by charcoal, Jan 29, 2024.

1. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    In all seriousness, I think this is a pretty good way of tying into the movie. Shadow's game blows and Generations is a great game that kinda suffers from the fact it's so damn short. If this actually adds new content alongside playable Shadow and is competently executed, this could have a lot of potential. I just hope they don't delist the original. (They're 100% going to but still)

2. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    >Sonic x Shadow Generations

:ruby:

3. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    it's remastered but the only change is now instead of saying "Hey Sonic, look forward to your future, it's gonna be great!" at the end, modern Sonic says "Hey Sonic, same time same levels next year?"

4. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Shadow is so cool bros

5. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    He is though.

Source: my five year old. people forget this characters demography.

6. Davether

Davether

If this is real, I would love to see Unleashed get a remaster as well. I think that game of all the "boost games" would benefit the most from a PS5 upgrade! Being able to speed through the daytime stages without any lag would be a dream come true!

7. kazz

kazz

16-bait Member
    Shadow in Generations could actually be cool if they use him to fill in the role Adventure Sonic was supposed to have in the original game. That's probably not what they're doing though lol.

8. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Adventure Sonic was never going to be in Generations. People took an interview where Ryan Drummond mentioned he re-auditioned for the role after Jason Griffith was let go and assumed he was going to be voicing Adventure Sonic when he was re-auditioning for the role in general, not for a one-off role in Generations. Iizuka has made it clear on multiple occasions that Adventure Sonic and Modern Sonic are the same thing in Sonic Team's eyes.

I think it would be cool if they did give Shadow a unique playstyle that's more like the Adventure games but that's a pipe dream. It's more likely he'll just be a reskinned Sonic with some differences.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Sonic rereleases are usually the game title with another term stapled to the end. Sonic Adventure DX, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Sonic Colors Ultimate. "Sonic X Shadow Generations" is such a strange title. Even "Sonic Generations + Shadow somethingorother" would be a huge break in the naming scheme for the series. It makes me wonder if we might be barking up the wrong tree.

10. kazz

kazz

16-bait Member
    Didn't know Ryan was the only source there. Always wondered how Adventure controls were supposed to work in those levels.

11. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
  12. There is no "Adventure Sonic", "Adventure" Sonic is literally just Modern Sonic. Hence why there's only two Sonics to begin with.

13. kazz

kazz

16-bait Member
    [​IMG]

14. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    I know. That's why I said it.

Today I will remind them.

15. RikohZX

RikohZX

Honestly this entire leak feels alien. Everyone jumped on the boat of a Gens remaster, but this entire thing feels like the prelude to some weird idea Sega is going to promote Shadow rather than strictly just some remaster. Some folks claim that Shadow is going to be a skin added to Superstars, for example, and that this might be part of the initiative, but I don't have a single ounce of proof from them to back that claim up.

The idea that multiple games could suddenly be revisited just to promote Shadow for the third movie is a weird one.

16. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    I feel like if they wanted to promote the movie, it'd be Sonic Adventure 2 that they re-release/remaster.

17. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    I am begging them, at the least, to make the game launchable. I had to stop my first playthrough entirely because the game just stopped booting for me. I had the biggest sigh of relief when Frontiers not only just worked but allowed me to change which display it was on with no problems (harder than you'd think, even Baldur's Gate 3 had a bug with this until recently), and immediately saw my controller without any issues (which The Witcher 3 didn't).

18. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Always expect the unexpected
    [​IMG]

19. Of course Sega would put out Shadow content in the same week as Knuckles' 30th Anniversary....

Bro never even got his tv series released and now Sega are going all in on the Shadow marketing for the movie later this year.

20. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    What kind of title is that lmfao. Shadow's barely in it, unless they add a sidestory where Shadow is playable. That'd be kinda cool. Radical Highway, Westopolis and White Acropolis?