SEGA company restructuring and new SEGA President, Shuji Utsumi

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by jubbalub, Jan 9, 2024.

1. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    SEGA is re-organizing their company by transferring its amusement business to their SEGA Toys division, forming the new "SEGA Fave Corporation", headed by Yukio Sugino. Cited as a driving force for this decision is the continued development of games like the Sonic, Like a Dragon, and Persona series.

Additionally, starting on April 1st, Shuji Utsumi will be taking the helm of COO/President of SEGA, and CEO of Sega of America and Europe.

Source: SEGA Sammy

https://www.segasammy.co.jp/en/release/44211/
    https://www.segasammy.co.jp/en/release/44207/

• Informative Informative x 6
    • List
  2. Trippled

Trippled

Merging toys and arcade together makes an interesting case for more mini consoles. While Sega Toys does primarily do pre-school stuff, there is neat stuff that appeals to "adults" from time to time, including the Astro City Mini. Infact Sega "Fave", as the document explains, references "oshikatsu", a Japanese term for fanboying

3. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Anyone know what this means for SoA's union busting efforts?

4. Seems all sensible moves. SEGA really been on the up for a few year now. Hopefully we see more of their current gen efforts soon

5. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    From what I could gather, Sega's UFO Catchers are often stocked with toys... which weren't manufactured by the toy company they own. That's despite Sega Toys being one of the biggest toy manufacturers in Japan.

But I don't follow these things closely - maybe it changed at some point in the last 30 years (before this news, obviously).

6. Trippled

Trippled

PS3 era debuted with VF5, PS4 era with Yakuza 6. Wonder what the first PS5 only game will be.

7. I think Virtua Tennis 3 came 1st from SEGA Japan on the PS3 and then you had Condemned for the 360 for America. Given even Atlus is not multiplatform anymore I would say all the major AAA titles from SEGA will be multiplatform and also on PC unless SEGA is working on a new Sakuea wars game too

8. Trippled

Trippled

Meant in-house Sega and the multiplatform releases of VF5, HotD4, VT3 etc. which started in the arcades. Y6 with the Dragon Engine was PS4 exclusive.

Sega's first next-gen only title is gonna be multiplatform

9. At a guess I would think the new Shinobi and SOR games are being outsourced and not In House

I would imagine that JSR Golden Axe and Crazy Taxi are multi format. Also, hopefully Crazy Taxi Golden Axe will support Cross Play .

It be nice to see a follow up to Sakura Wars and Fist Of North Star and could see them being PS only.