don't click here

What is your favorite Spin-Off?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by AlliaTheEchidna, Jan 6, 2024.

1. AlliaTheEchidna

AlliaTheEchidna

Mine honestly is Sonic the Fighters

It's so corny and cartoony. It makes me think of the Looney Tunes which I loved when I was little in addition to Sonic.

upload_2024-1-5_21-59-44.png

For my partner, his favorite non main line is 3D Blast.

2. Sonic the Fighters is a good pick. I would really like to see another attempt at a fighting game with the Sonic cast!

3. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

All-Stars Racing Transformed

Along with Tails Adventures. A pretty fun and well-designed Metroidvania that gets criminally overlooked for being a Game Gear Tails spin-off with slower (read: more traditional) gameplay, which was deliberate. Plus it had charming sprites and good music.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    [​IMG]
    Desperately needs a remake with better pinball physics and smoother gameplay in general.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  5. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine and SASASRT.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. cool

cool

For I Just Threw Out The Love Of My Dreams Member
    Sonic Spinball for life!!

Also, does the Tiger Electronics Sonic 3 game count as a spin-off? (Joke)
    [​IMG]

7. I'm not sure if sonic Battle is a spin off but that has to be the best by far (in my opinion).
    The fighting is very fun to pull off, and The plot is some of the best I think the franchise has ever seen.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
  8. AlliaTheEchidna

AlliaTheEchidna

I would say no, that counts as a really bad port.

9. That One Guy Josh

That One Guy Josh

Speaks English AND Balanese. Member
    Sonic Riders (the first one). Getting X ranks is so damn easy you're probably gonna spend most of a race with a full Air Tank... unless you suck at the game. Plus, Sand Ruins is a fun racetrack.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Battons

Battons

Shining Force Fan Member
    I love flinging myself around in chaotix and it’s probably the spinoff game I’ve played the most. If platformers don’t count then it’s mean bean machine easily. Not saying I’m great at puyo puyo but I’m good enough to enjoy it.

11. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    Not only that, but Sonic doing all his attacks being curled in a ball it makes pinball kinda his natural home for a spin-off.
    Now, a part of me really wants a better version of Sonic Spinball, but the other part of me finds it amusing with all its glitches that can oftenly screw your game altogether. From all the Genesis games I had, this is the one that treats players the worst, and I love it for that.

12. JackBz

JackBz

The aesthetics of Sonic the Fighters are basically unmatched for me. Complete god-tier character models

13. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Sonic Spinball is probably my go-to.

Though I also really like (the Wii versions specifically) Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games and Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games. Those games were both a ton of fun and had fantastic soundtracks and so much great fan service. Kind of a shame the series fell off after those two.

14. aria

aria

growl from the digital haze Member
    i saw soned2 supports chaotix five minutes ago
    Gonna have to go with the boring answer of All-Stars Racing Transformed. It's just an amazing loveletter to Sega that I can't help but love it. Also helps that it's an amazing game to play, with a phenomenal soundtrack.

Wish I liked Team Sonic Racing more as a followup, but I think that's a fun game in its own right. Also wish they patched that game for the online to properly work on PC without frequent disconnects.

15. HammerKirby

HammerKirby

HammerKeebi Member
    This is a pretty interesting game but I think the Power Stone style gameplay would've served better as a home console game with 3d graphics, making it easier to discern depth and allowing for more interesting stages, while the story would've served better in a Sonic (turn-based, action, w/e) JRPG. The fights feel insanely repetitive in the main story, and the the overall progression of upgrading Emerl would've been better in a JRPG imo.

16. Fair enough but I must admit, it is quite impressive for the GBA

17. HammerKirby

HammerKirby

HammerKeebi Member
    It is impressive and it is pretty fun. But like most Sonic spin-offs it feels like there is a lot of missed potential that could be addressed in a sequel that never comes...

18. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Sonic Riders. I adore the aesthetic, campaign story, etc etc, but the main draw for me is racing against other people via netplay. It's just super fun to hop on Dolphin and try your best to win in Riders, it's got so much depth to the racing that it never gets old. I haven't played it in online proper for like 6 months now, but just typing this makes me want to hop back on.