don't click here

So anyone able to record the Death Egg Robot?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MrMechanic, Dec 4, 2023.

1. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

So... I decided to make a thread for this since this is kinda time sensitive and, well it might be nothing but it also might be something fun to look at.

As some of you may know, Sega currently have a huge Sonic Superstars promotion going on in London right now. There's a fleet of 5 London busses decorated with each of the main cast,

Sonic
    Tails
    Knuckles
    Amy
    Unknown (bus tracking sites show a 5th is on the network along with the others).

To accompany this, the Westfield Shopping Centre in Shepherds Bush has a VERY large Sonic Superstars and Lego Sonic display.

Remember the Lego Death Egg Robot from Gamescom? Well it's here, and you can have your photo taken with it... But what we didn't know, is that the Death Egg Robot talks you you! Someone claimed that when they tried to grab the ring in front of Sonic, the Death Egg Robot 'Activates' and tells you off.

So I queried this with Marilia, the Sega Europe community manager, and she confirmed it! If you put your arm inside the ring, the robot does indeed talk to you!

... .... And there's absolutely no video or recordings of it!

This could be... nothing, or it could be some new Eggman lines, or something completely different, but we don't even have a text explanation of what the robot says, only that it 'does something' when you try to grab Sonic's ring!

So... Members of the Sonic Retro forums, is anyone... in a position to go check this out? And here we get to why this is 'time sensitive'.

You have until December 8th, yes this Saturday, the display will be completely removed.

Why can't I go?

Combination of the following.

1: Up until around Thursday last week, most of the train companies were on strike, meaning there was no point me even looking into going since there was no way to get there and back in a day.
    2: Train prices are now kinda high.
    3: I'm a bit ill with flu.

Which is annoying since I'd love to go and 'cover this' and meet up with someone I like.

So this is me, basically saying to anyone close to, or who was going anyway, there's some potential new Eggman lines or something cool that happens if you try to grab the ring. Who amongst you is going to grab Sonic's ring! Grab the ring Retro! We have until Saturday to grab the ring!!! THE RINNNGGG!!!

2. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    I'll be heading that way on Friday. If the display is still running I'll try my best to get a recording.

3. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

Nice one, if you like, do you want me to DM you how to track the busses? lol just in case you happen to be near a route?

4. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Oh, I don't know about the busses, I work on a busy main road so will keep an eye out for any during the week. I'll head to Westfield on Friday for the statue though!

5. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
  6. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

7. Wildcat

Wildcat

This is really cool. I love that he waves to shoppers. If I could I’d buy this entire display and balloons.

8. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 3
    • List
  9. > 0:35

He said the thing.

Holy fuck.

10. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Apologies for my speaking over the display in the audio clip Aerosol posted.
    Here's some more photos of the display
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    - Too easy!
    -- I'll get you, Sonic!

- Sonic's the name; speed's my game!
    -- Think you can beat me? The world is mine!

- This is how I roll! Step it up!
    -- I hate that hedgehog!

That second one might be "Can you defeat me? The world is mine!" Not sure, I can hear either one.

12. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    You had it right the first time, that's what he said.