don't click here

Sonic Superstars Ultra Mega Spoiler Containment Thread for Spoilers [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Joebro64, Oct 12, 2023.

1. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    I haven't tried it yet, but I guess you can cheat your way through Egg Fortress Act 2

EDIT: lmao it worked

Last edited: Oct 22, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. Kiyana

Kiyana

Just seen that video and someone said it was patched. Guess SEGA caught wind of it.:ohdear:

3. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    I've come to the conclusion that Sonic Team's current staff actually enjoys seeing us suffer and die often in these games. Trip's campaign design proves it.

Not kink shaming. Just sayin'.

4. Snatcher42

Snatcher42

"Dr. Eggman, accompanied by accomplices Fang and Trip, is planning to build a vast mecha corps, the strongest there is! To achieve this, they invade the North Star Islands, an abundant tropical island chain, and attempt to capture the giant animals that inhabit it. Our heroes, Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Knuckles, come running to thwart Dr. Eggman's evil ambitions and restore peace to the islands!

Fang: An agile bounty hunter who is always in search of new prey. He has gone by many names over the years to avoid capture. Always one to stay one step ahead, he remodelled his beloved vehicle, the Marvelous Queen, to outwit his latest enemies.

Trip: A mysterious girl who Fang first met in the North Star Islands. She wears heavy armor, and is rather clumsy. She has been instructed to obey Dr. Eggman and Fang, and to serve as their guide through the uncharted lands."

I skipped the other characters. Like I said, doesn't explain much... but there is something.

5. This is actually easier as Trip, as she can perform the same type of clip just by turning Super in a corner. It also has uses outside of Egg Fortress - it lets you skip a lot of Cyber Station, and, over in Press Factory Zone 1, it let me do… well, this.

I call the technique DragonClip, and the skip shown MonkeySkip.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  6. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Oh FUCK that credits music

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Honestly the credits in general just go on far too long, but I'm afraid to skip them because this game makes so many baffling decisions, I can't be sure that exiting to the world map or title screen won't just wipe my progress in the last zone.

8. Fadaway

Fadaway

Well, I've played through the game a few times and here are a few thoughts.

I love a lot of the music. Even the tunes people have complained about I really dig. I love the mid boss theme. There may be an argument for better instrumentation but the tune itself gets stuck in my head (in a good way).

I love that the loops in the Golden Capital Zone are straight from Sonic 1 concept art.

My fave boss fight in the game is the one with Fang over the lava. Chef's kiss. Although I really love most of the bosses.

My biggest complaint is a lack of a lives system. To me, I love that kind of a challenge in older games. I love games that dish out lots of game overs. I always wanted a Sonic game to be at least as difficult as Contra: Hard Corps (well, the Japanese version as I am not insane). This isn't quite there but the added difficulty with no check points during longer boss fights is a nice start.

An edit: I wasn't sure if I was going to mention this at all but oh well. The parts where you blast off in a little rocket ship are right out of a Sonic-related dream I had a few years ago about playing some new 2D Sonic game. The only sonic-related dream I ever had. It is kind of surreal. That gets a big plus from me just 'cause.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2023
  9. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    It's extremely funny to me that every track in the medley is a WIP mix/arrangement rather than the final, with the possible exception of Golden Capital as I'd need to check. (It's also funny that the WIP mix of Press Factory is in the AWB file, along with the metal sonic boss music from S4E2, labeled as 'bgm_fang_battle'. hmmmm)

10. XCubed

XCubed

The WIP tracks (lagoon city is the only one that sounds good), the loop of the same crap again, and ending with what sounds like a WIP version of a send off of the Title Screen theme….this is so unacceptable. I’ve come to terms with having a scattering of Gen/MD instrumentations (who knows what the true story behind this is…), but then to end the game like THAT? Could you imagine if that happened with Sonic 2?

11. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    I'm watching my partner fight the final boss of Trip's story and I'm running out of patience and I'm not even the one playing the damn game. Just horrendous. Between this and Another Story I'm really pretty peeved about this series' sudden shift into utter sadism and hope to god it's not going to last.

12. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Iizuka saw people complaining Sonic games were too easy and took it personally.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  13. Yeah, I didn't have a BAR of that fight. I simply saved up to 50 rings and DragonClipped to the hidden capsule in Egg Fortress 2.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
  14. synchronizer

synchronizer

It almost feels like a mistake. I wonder if they'll patch-in music. Who knows?

15. XCubed

XCubed

Brilliant analysis on the music:

and a Part 2 (With Tee Lopes responding in the comments!!):

Last edited: Oct 24, 2023
  16. Linkabel

Linkabel

I made a little guide for those that are struggling in the Super Sonic fight with some explanations and clips.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Trip is such a cute character and I hope she stays.

18. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    You know what's funny? I had an easier time defeating Fang's giant robot than Robotnik's which seems to be opposite to the general consensus. Fang's actually only took me two tries. And his first phase is easy because you can just run under and past him and wait for his spinning orbs to deplete so you can hit him in the back.

19. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I think Fang is this weird mix of being both easier and harder. His first phase is a snoozefest and his attacks in the second phase are easier to hit back at him, but he has so much instakill bullshit that a stray hit can make you restart the whole thing.

20. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    To my mind the biggest problem with the egg robot is that the end of the first phase it's nearly impossible to figure out where the bomb you're supposed to knock back actually is. I think you're probably supposed to see whether the bomb is on the left or right queue of 4 and then go in that direction but I am dumb and was too busy trying to find the dang thing to notice a connection.