don't click here

Sonic Superstars Ultra Mega Spoiler Containment Thread for Spoilers [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Joebro64, Oct 12, 2023.

1. Zenor

Zenor

flip the chessboard over Member
    Nope. Soundtrack hasn't changed.

2. Snatcher42

Snatcher42

But the intro is the more polished track, not what some people are posting on YouTube.

3. Xilla

Xilla

I picked it up from Amazon UK for the cel-shaded skins, it's a shame the other characters don't change in the cutscenes to match your own characters.

4. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    Not seeing enough people mention just how cool this Fantasy Zone homage is, right down to the HUD at the bottom. It's fuckin' rad.

upload_2023-10-17_20-58-18.png
    upload_2023-10-17_20-58-34.png
    upload_2023-10-17_21-14-59.png
    upload_2023-10-17_21-16-55.png
    upload_2023-10-17_21-22-56.png
    upload_2023-10-17_21-22-7.png

Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  5. Linkabel

Linkabel

For sure, I just thought it was going to be a cutscene but was happy they did this. Always thought they should've taken a page from Fantasy Zone for the 2D "Sky Chase" levels.

6. RikohZX

RikohZX

Here I am hearing people dread bosses like Lagoon City, and yeah I can see why it'd suck. But then some good use of Water, Bullet and Avatar and he's down in no time. It's actually kind of crazy how overpowered these abilities can be for boss fights if you understand how to use them.

7. Snatcher42

Snatcher42

Lagoon City is OK. Golden Capitol, Cyber Station, and Egg Fortress (regular and bonus story) can get lost.

8. Mustapha

Mustapha

A+ Oldbie
    A+
    A PLUS
    Update on PS5 for disc version (10.20GB) was 8.198GB…

Wonder what’s changed? Perhaps cutscene quality/re-rendered?

9. Miles3298

Miles3298

For those of you who've seen the first reply in this thread or already otherwise know much about Trip:

[​IMG]

Isn't she friggin' adorable? Yeah, you get to actually be that dragon. She can breathe fire and fly freely.

If you're having trouble getting by certain points (like BG->FG loop transitions), fly at the ground and hold down so you spin, and it should take you just enough up the loop to make it by. Or you could just un-super if you have a ring surplus, that works too.

10. synchronizer

synchronizer

Wow. Super strange. It really feels like they ran out of time or something. The Sonic 4-esque tracks really seem like demos, most of which were re-instrumented…

Last edited: Oct 18, 2023
  11. Vangar

Vangar

Can someone playing on PS5 confirm something for me? At the very end, the final boss, fighting the dragon.

Literally the last part where you have to time to hit the rocks. The indicator shows on the first one, I hit it, and then the 2nd rock has no indicator. Am I doing something wrong or is the game unbeatable on PS5? The only two videos I can find on YouTube so far show the rocks all having indicators , one hit after another.

You just tap X when the indicator lines up right? It takes 8 minutes to get to that part and goddamn I don't want to do it again if you can't even do it on ps5...

12. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Oh, I had the same problem: you need to let go of the button the second you press it. Like, literally the second, otherwise it cancels out the next reticle.

Incidentally, that was the absolute worst final boss fight I've ever had the displeasure of playing.

13. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    I got all the emeralds but I'm not seeing the true final boss. Do I have to play Egg Fortress Act 2 again?

14. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Did you do Trip's Story?

15. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    No. I'll do that now. Thanks!

16. Snatcher42

Snatcher42

This review pointed out something I didn't realize. The Cyber Station boss changes appearance based on how you've customized your battle mode character. So he fought the DLC Mecha Sonic. You could also make it a fight against Metal Sonic, Amy, Tails, etc. That's pretty cool!

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  17. Vangar

Vangar

Thank you I'll try again. And yeah the boss is way too long to be enjoyable. And I even really liked trips story and the bosses actually lasting a bit longer than just bouncing on them and moving on. The fang and Eggman final bosses are a good challenge when not using powers. But the dragon boss is just painful

18. Pokepunch

Pokepunch

UK
    A Sonic 2 Hack
    How long is Trip's Story?

19. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    You run through a harder version of the same game.

20. Spunodi

Spunodi

Finally beat it!!!

The final boss for Trip’s Story was the most frustrating 2+ hours of my recent life. Fuck Nack.

Anyway, I looked at Recent Achievements on XSX and the Superstars ones are labelled Project Orion Game. Do we think that’s the dev code name?