don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

So where are our Beta Tester credits, SEGA? :eng99:

Kidding aside, this looks vaguely neat. Hopefully it's a fun update to return to and not just a source of day-one purchase regret.

2. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    *Blue Eyes Gold Hedgehog

3. Turbohog

Turbohog

Eh, I think the situations are quite different. Sonic 3's final boss wasn't Galaga or some shit.

4. Childish

Childish

Pigs wiggle when they walk Member
    Shady lane
    Sonic 4 Blast Processed
    YEAH the barrel was waaay better than Galaga

5. Praying for this. Mentioned it a few months back in here. Still haven’t gotten the PlayStation version yet and I’d like a better cover art than what we have.

Anyway, I’ll be pissed if they remove the STG fight against The End in favor of some additional Titan-style fight. Make it harder too. I want to go balls to the wall weaving through and absorbing bullets. Also, add proper captions during the fight as I can’t make out what The End says in the Japanese version. The voice is just too distorted for my crap ear for the language.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2023
  6. Hamzawesome

Hamzawesome

Pretty much this, I don't understand why Sega keeps making trailers like this. They did it back when Frontiers was announced and now they're doing it again.

7. Yeah I really don't get why we couldn't see some gameplay, release date is just a month away and I'm willing to bet most people's interest in the post-launch updates is because of playable Tails, Knuckles, and Amy.

Instead we get a CGI trailer that can basically be boiled down to the same stuff we've seen pre-release but now with more arms and blue eyes.

8. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    I think I figured it out guys:

Sonic's blue eyes look like Sage's at the end of the game where she sacrifices herself, this means either:

A) Sonic kills himself (Best case scenario, Cyber-Elise makes a comeback. Due in part to the influx of fans who now deem 06 an underrated masterpiece)
    B) Sage possesses him

I've cracked the code, Sega is too predictable these days...

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • List
  9. New metalcore track probably.

10. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    To be entirely fair, all of the other updates were radio silence until a couple days before. Update 1 was announced on March 21st and came out on the 23rd, Update 2 was announced AND released on June 23rd. Those both were accompanied by proper content trailers. This is obviously a significantly larger affair, so I think it makes sense to have a teaser first to give us *some* idea of what to expect. I anticipate we'll be getting a proper trailer (maybe more) in the days leading up.

Which, by the way, is 37.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  11. That new version of Supreme intrigues me.

12. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Praying that NuSupreme isn't a complete fucking joke this time.

13. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Super Sonic Blue-eyes, then?

14. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    The EN trailer says "new challenges" vaguely, but the JP trailer specifically states that there will be new challenges on Ouranos Island.
    upload_2023-8-22_23-1-21.png
    Translation:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    That actually makes the EN version a little misleading. We already knew (officially) they were reworking parts of the climax, I actually thought "new challenges" meant something separate from that.

16. VenomTH

VenomTH

I wonder how this ties in with the leaks of + - Ultra Instinct Sonic   (if those were ever even real).

17. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Well of course they weren't, they were from before this content was made.

I'm actually really relieved that it's just Super Sonic with blue eyes, probably temporarily channeling some cyber energy or what-not -- because SEGA was completely right before, when they told Flynn that adding "the level beyond" as a permanent part of Super Sonic's repertoire would just engender power-creep. It was bad for Dragon Ball, and it would be even worse in a series that doesn't even have a facade of unique traits to different forms.

18. None of the Titan fights are particularly difficult, just jank as hell.

19. Lambda

Lambda

I kinda doubt they'll make it harder, but I'd be really surprised if they REMOVED it.

I think my preference would be if they took the Bullet Hell stuff, split it into sections, and have Titan-fight-style combat with Sonic between Bullet Hell sections. Make it into a tag-team fight with Sage and Sonic working together.

Maybe Sage does Bullet Hell to "lower The End's Defences" while Sonic "gathers rings" off-camera, and then once The End's "shields are down", Super Sonic goes in to deal big damage until "The End's shields are back up!" in-which case Sage swaps back in and the cycle repeats 3-4 times.

Will that happen? ...I have no idea. But that sounds like a much more climactic final boss which still keeps the mechanics from the original final boss in-tact.