don't click here

Who should come back?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blazer, Dec 30, 2005.

Who should come back?

1. Mighty (as a stand-alone character, no as a Chaotix member)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Ray

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mighty and Ray

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Fang/Nack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Heavy & Bomb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Bark

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Bean

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Mecha Sonic/Silver Sonic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Eggrobo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Tails Doll

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blazer

Blazer

Who do you think that deserves more to be re-introduced in the games? I mean, who pre-Sonic Adventure character that hasn't returned yet should come back to the current games (either if you prefer him as a playable character or only as part of the story)?
    If you think that Mighty should come back only because the Chaotix team seems without him, then don't select him. If you think that he should be back because you think that he is the cooler of these characters, then select him.

I voted for Fang. I thinks that he is a very cool and original character that definitely should come back (even tought they should introduce him as a new character to the storyline, since Sonic Triple Trouble and Sonic the Fighters aren't canon). Mighty is cool too, so he comes in second place in my list. Maybe Eggrobo should come back too (as a badnik), if Eggman upgrades him.

PD: Again, sorry for my crappy English ;_;

2. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    This isn't a usual topic, is it? Anyway here are my opinions on the subject:

Mighty is Sonic in a wig. I love saying that.
    Ray is Sonic is a suit with a prosthetic (sp?) tail.
    Mighty and Ray are clones. Technically.
    Fang is cool.
    Heavy & Bomb are generic characters. If they make a comeback it will be along with Metal Sonic Model 2 (the Sonic the Fighters intro robot)
    Bark is dull.
    Bean is Bin from Dynamite Dux.
    Mecha Sonic has appeared in Eggman's base in Sonic Adventure. Let him stay there.
    Eggrobo is a badnik. Playable Arma (Roller) plz :P
    Tails Doll is actually a good idea.

... Who did I vote for, do you ask? No one. Because I still want playable Metal Sonic with his original attacks (V. Maximum Overdrive and Ring Spark Field), being a main character in the storyline, and being more than a Sonic "skin".

3. Sir Euan

Sir Euan

Glasgow, Scotland
    http://www.iameuangallacher.co.uk
    Fang should definately come back, he's the most original character from back then, and he has a cool hat.

4. Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Sonic Hachelle-Bee

Taking a Sand Shower Tech Member
    Lyon, France
    Sonic 2 Long Version
    You all read in my mind...
    Nack the Weasel, all the way!
    Maybe he will come back soon near you, only to steal you...

I don't know why, but I don't like Mighty.

5. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Of the choices there I voted Mighty but of course I think that Super/HyperKnuckles should come back most of all. I mean how does the damn expert of the chaos emeralds not know how to harness their power?!! Lame.
    I would also like to see MetalKnuckles return simply for showing what he's made of

6. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    Fang plzkthx

7. Elusive

Elusive

Sparkster the Rocket Knight Member
    See, the reason the Shadow game was a good idea is because it creates a second canon to the series. Group A fans can have their three original characters plus Amy in platformy antics, whilst Group B fans can have all the above characters, plus Riders, Sonic R, Sonic Drift, Shadow, and so on.

A game (or hell, a Sonic X story arc - see, this is why Fleetway's StC should never have died ;_:) featuring crime syndicate adventure or whatever with Nack/Fang as a character would be pretty good.

wait, sounds like Sonic Streets of Rage XD

8. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    And let's not forget that he was the final boss of Sonic Heroes, but known as "Metal Overlord". As for the Egg Robo, I hear that he's coming back in Sonic Riders. As for Mighty and Ray, I think they should be brought back. I mean, really, who cares if they resemble(sp?) Sonic? They're still cool characters, no matter what. I just HATED the fact that Sonic Team completely disregarded Mighty, while they brought back the rest of the Chaotix. And no, don't give me any of this "copyrights" crap, because I know for a FACT that it's not true.

As for Nack the Weasel, I think he SHOULD be brought back. To me, these thief/treasure hunter characters are always cool in some way. It's quite a shame that Nack had to be replaced with Rouge the Bat (not that I have anything against her).

As for Bark the Polar Bear, I think he's a character with potential. He would've made a good power character in Sonic Heroes. I also liked how his hits did a lot of damage in Sonic the Fighters.

Now, as for Heavy and Bomb...I guess they could be brought back, if they get upgraded. I don't mean a new design, I mean them having new techniques, so they WON'T suck like they do in Knuckles' Chaotix.

I think Bean should be brought back, too. I don't know about any of you, but I think that Nack and Bean would do good as partners in crime.

9. Shade

Shade

I vote Fang and Mighty. We need them back.

The return of the other robot sonics would be a nice touch as well. Like, if they teamed up with Metal to bring Sonic down. And Fang could tie into a plot with knuckles.

The tails dool might be cool too. He was always creepy.

10. ChaotixTails

ChaotixTails

Custom title member Oldbie
    I voted heavy and bomb, because with a lot of improvements added to the base character, they'd make a good addition to the "Baddie" team. Then again, I always liked heavy and bomb.

11. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Messed up idea you have there...

Code (Text):
    1. Evolution Chart:
    4. Metal Sonic (Sonic CD) ? ? ? ? ? ?THE BEGINNING ? ?Mecha Sonic (Sonic 2)
    6. Metal Sonic Kai (Chaotix) ? ? ? ? ? ? ? | Mecha Sonic (Sonic & Knuckles)
    7.  ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? |
    8. Metal Sonic mk.II (fake name) (Chaotix) | ? ? ? ?<no changes registered>
    9.  ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? |
    10. Metal Sonic (Sonic R / Sonic Adventure) | ?Mecha Sonic (Sonic Adventure)
    11.  ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? |
    12. Metal Overlord (Sonic Heroes) ? ? ? ? ? v
    14. Metal Sonic (Sonic Heroes) ? ? ? ?PRESENT TIME
    This is based on information from the Japanese manuals for the games. The robot Sonic in Sonic Adventure is not identified anywhere though, but if you think about it, it wouldn't make sense designing a new robot just to have him sit in a tube. Also...

Who knows, really? Naka sure as hell doesn't know.

Naka-san: What do you mean "robot sonic"? Are you talking about Sonic Popcorn Machine?
    Neo Chaotikal: No, Mr. Naka, no, it's different. You see, it's like this...

12. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Ahh, okay, sometimes I get the names of "Mecha Sonic" and "Metal Sonic" mixed up. My mistake, then.

13. Blazer

Blazer

You got it wrong.
    They are two completely different robots and their evolutions are:
    Mecha Sonic (Sonic 2) > Mecha Sonic mk2 (a improved version, S3&K) > Mecha Sonic mk2 powered by the Master Emerald (Super Mecha Sonic?, S3&K)
    Metal-Sonic (Sonic CD) > Metal-Sonic powered by the dark rings (a unnamed transformation, Chaotix)
    Alternate Metal-Sonic evolution:
    Metal-Sonic (Sonic CD) > Metal Madness (a transformation once he copied the lifeform data of Sonic, Shadow and Chaos, from Sonic Heroes) > Metal Ovelord (a second trasformation, Sonic Heroes)

Mecha Sonic mk2 is in fact another robot, a improved version (sorta like E-1000 is a new version of E-102), while all the "evolutions" of Metal-Sonic are temporary transformations of the same robot.
    So they are two different series of robotic Sonic versions. Mecha Sonic isn't the evolution of Metal-Sonic, neither Metal-Sonic is the evolution of Mecha Sonic.

14. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Silver Sonic. They even made a new fucking design (as seen in one of the overworld maps in Sonic Adventure) but he's not used. WHY? >=/

15. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    No I didn't. According to the Japanese Chaotix manual, Eggman took the original Metal Sonic and fiddled around with it to make him use "Pillar" energy (read: in the Japanese Sonic 3 manual, it is said that Angel Island floats due to Pillar energy). He also gives him a shoddy new ability, the ability to shoot stupid unnamed white Pillar energy lasers (seen in Chaotix if you stay still for too long). He then dubs him Metal Sonic KAI (which basically means Metal Sonic Enhanced or something). Metal Sonic Kai then uses the power of the Dark Rings (thanks, Blazer :))to turn himself into a giant red robot, detaching his limbs in the process (this robot is usually reffered to as "Metal Sonic mk.II, but his real identity is actually unknown - he IS a morph of Metal, however). After the final boss in Chaotix, Metal goes back to Metal Sonic Kai. He then uses the Pillar laser blast again in Sonic the Fighters. He is then reverted back to Metal Sonic for unknown reasons, and shows up in Sonic R. Later, in Heroes, he turns into a Metal Overlord by absorbing the lifeform data of Chaos and Shadow, aswell as Sonic and Co.. Finally, in the end of Sonic Heroes, he is morphed back to Metal Sonic, loses his ability to speak, and faints. And so far no more details about Metal Sonic.

Mecha Sonic however, is but a mere robot. He appears in Sonic 2 / Sonic 2 8-bit (although the designs are clairly very different) and then reappears in Sonic & Knuckles, with a whole new shell. He goes Super in Knuckles' episode, then he blows up. Is the robot Sonic in the Final Egg building Mecha Sonic? I think so. But there is actually no proof to back-up my claim.

16. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    How about no one? Let's keep it at Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy. And kill everyone else off. Maybe Shadow and Rouge, as they're decent characters.

I get really sick of people whinging for minor characters to play a role again. And no new characters either.

17. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Oh, so Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy are okay, but no Metal Sonic? :cry:
    Metal Sonic has been around since 1992, dormant, waiting to get a decent playable role. But does he get it? No. Why not?

Shadow is Sonic in cosplay and Rouge is a skank. Seriously, as far as deep her personality goes, she's just a placeholder for that pair of titties. Honestly, why do you think they came up with her? It's SEGA's shitty little attempt of atracting older audiences. First that, then Shadow the Hedgehog. I can't wait until the new Mickey Mouse game comes out, where you can shoot Goofy and Minnie has a big pair of boobies. Sheesh.

[/rant]

18. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I think he means MECHA Sonic as "the grey robot from Sonic 2", and not Sonic CD's METAL Sonic.

19. Blazer

Blazer

I may be wrong in some points, but:

in the Japanese Sonic 3 manual, it is said that Angel Island floats due to Pillar energy
    I never heard about that. The japanese says that Angel Island floats because of a Sky God who resurrected the habitants of the island.

According to the Japanese Chaotix manual, Eggman took the original Metal Sonic and fiddled around with it to make him use "Pillar" energy. He also gives him a shoddy new ability, the ability to shoot stupid unnamed white Pillar energy lasers (seen in Chaotix if you stay still for too long). He then dubs him Metal Sonic KAI (which basically means Metal Sonic Enhanced or something).
    I don't remember the japanese Chaotix manual saying anything of that either. And I don't remember hearing about Metal-Sonic KAI nor that "Pillar" energy neither.

Metal Sonic Kai then uses the power of the Chaos Rings to turn himself into a giant red robot
    That's false. He uses the Dark Rings. He can't be using the Chaos Rings because YOU, the player, are supposed to have them.

After the final boss in Chaotix, Metal goes back to Metal Sonic Kai. He then uses the Pillar laser blast again in Sonic the Fighters.
    Sonic the Fighters isn't canon because there are 8 Chaos Emeralds.

He is then reverted back to Metal Sonic for unknown reasons, and shows up in Sonic R.
    Again, I never heard of Metal-Sonic KAI neither.

20. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    Honestly if anyone were to come back to the series, Nack or the Silver/Mecha Sonics would be the ones to return. At least that's what I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.