don't click here

Okay, once and for all...

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mystical Ninja, Dec 28, 2005.

Which soundtrack is better?

1. Sonic CD (U.S.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sonic CD (Japanese/European)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elusive

Elusive

Sparkster the Rocket Knight Member
    a) you've been in a gay disco? o_O
    b) I never needed to hear the Bad Future soundtracks, heh
    c) yes. JE soundtrack is best for ingame listening. U soundtrack sounds like a generic 90's pop CD slapped onto the game. I present as my evidence, Tidal Tempest JE vs. U. Atmospheric cavey music vs. upbeat zazz.

2. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    I've only really heard the US sound track, and even then I was like "...". The only tracks I liked was the WW and MM zone's PRESENT music.

3. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Now I grew up with the US soundtrack and came to love it simply because it was good music
    I heard the JPN soundtrack and almost cried because they KILLED the awesome song that was Palmtree panic past
    however, the rest of the JPN songs are pretty good. Especially Metallic madness.
    but the US soundtrack has the awesome song that is "Quartz Future"
    I guess I like them both equally

4. Fiz

Fiz

FACKIN' BIG PENIS Oldbie
    PENIS
    To me, neither soundtrack feels like Sonic music to me, but I prefer the JE music better.

5. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

Um, is this sarcasm? I honestly hope so, because all past music is Japanese anyway.

6. Shade

Shade

In my opinion, both soundtracks are equally good, just entirly different in style. But, being the purist that I am, my vote goes to the JP/Eur soundtrack. It really did sound more Sonic-y.

7. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    I know that. the palmtree panic past song was great. The JPN Palmtree Panic present and good futures murdered the tune

8. ChaotixTails

ChaotixTails

Custom title member Oldbie
    I hated the US soundtrack for Sonic CD. I can't think of any part of it that I like.

9. Mask of Destiny

Mask of Destiny

Tech Member
    The past music is my favorite part of either soundtrack, but for some reason I don't care much for the present and future tracks from the Japanese soundtrack so I much prefer the US soundtrack. Definately agree with Hot-Shot on Palmtree panic. It's been too long since I last listened to the Japanese music for me to remember any other specifics though.

10. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    "The music is the best music any Sonic game has ever had, even better than Sonic R (sorry Richard Jacques, but this is the truth). The 'Metallic Madness' theme has a vocoder voice of Dr Robotnik saying "Sonic, dead or alive, is M-M-M-MINE!" -- and THAT'S why everyone says the PAL and Japanese versions of Sonic CD have the best music." - UK Resistance.

I voted "Japanese/European".

11. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    It says a bit more than that. I've not heard it for a while, but I think it says something along the lines of:

"You can't do anything, so don't even try it. Get some help. Don't do what Sonic does." *short instrumental* "Sonic, dead or alive, is m-m-mine"

12. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Sheesh, I screwed up, didn't I. I meant best.

I suppose that everyone who didn't read my post realised what I meant, though.

13. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    [IMO]
    While I voted US soundtrack, I think that the only areas where either soundtrack is marginally better than the other are the intro and ending themes. You Can Do Anything is amazing compared to the intro version of Sonic Boom, but the end version of Sonic Boom is better than Cosmic Eternity.
    [/IMO]

14. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    "work that son of a bitch" < rawks.

15. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Is everybody forgetting about the Stardust Speedway musak for the US soundtrack? I pwned the JAP music, which sounded strangely like an acid trip and had no real music to it.

16. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Jap Stardust Speedway music was way better than the US music. The US music wasn't exactly memorable. I can remember one US track and that's QQZ Present. I can remember every single Jap track easily, coz they didn't make me wanna turn the game off.

17. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    I agree that the U.S. version of the StarDust Speedway song is better, but I still like the Japanese/European one, as well. Although I like both soundtracks, I feel that the Japanese/European track is a bit overrated, but that's just me.

18. Deathbyteacup

Deathbyteacup

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons. Member
    I much prefer the Jap version of Stardust Speedway, it has that really strange voice synth in it that you just catch yourself singing sometimes, and the tune is great. Again though it fits the level perfect.

As for Palmtree Panic from the JAP version, its worth noting the first level music of Sonic Games was never the best, Green Hill while being memorable was never the best song of Sonic 1 (has to be either Scrap Brain or Star light) and Emerald Hill / Angel Island / Mushroom hill ended up shadowed to the likes of Metropolis / Ice Cap / Lava Reef. Palmtree Panic from the JAP version sounds like a a-typical happy and bright green hills shining sun track, and that is exactly what its job is. Besides the US / JAP palmtree panic's are very similar in style. The US soundtrack feels sort of Mario-ish, dare I say it. :P

19. Gibbo

Gibbo

Eggman, Deserving a Game since 1991. Member
    Ellesmere Port, UK
    Learning how to use Game Maker
    I do perfer the Japanese/European Sountrack over the American Sountrack. I was glad that the music for each zone were remixes in the different time periods as it still made you feel like you were playing that zone, Also the american soundtrack is lazy enough to keep the same music for the past.

20. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
    I think I like the Japanese soundtrack more overall, but it's a close call. Palmtree Panic is strange in the Japanese, while Collision Chaos doesn't fit well in the American version. I could go on, but everyone has their own opinions. Either way, I think they're both among the best soundtracks for Sonic games. Behind Sonic Rush, of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.