don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    These aren't the same people.

There's also way more nuance to that argument. $10 for a new character, 12 8-bit games, and a feature that should've already been in the game from the start is not a good deal to me.

It's also infinitely disappointing that they used Amy so much in the marketing for this game, only to lock her behind paid DLC that comes out a year after the actual game did.

2. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    American imperialism

3. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    Yeah, perfect example of "those are 2 different types of people". Also price, timing, etc are factors. I honestly don't think Amy is enough at this point unless this comes with additional bug fixes, QOL updates, and other subtle changes that should've been implemented in the first place. Is it fair for the price? Perhaps, especially if this is your only opportunity to get official GG ports on PC. But it's not what a lot of people want or expect after the huge wave of post-release criticism. We're not all a monolith posting under different aliases, we're different people. This argument is so terribly bad faith and 100% senseless anytime anybody makes it.

Main thing that rubs me the wrong way here is Knuckles being introduced with the paid DLC instead of just being a feature in the base game. Huge oversight.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
  4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I personally don't give a shit about the Game Gear games. If I had my way all focus would be on adding Spinball, 3D Blast, and Chaotix.

I'll still buy the DLC and a physical copy but I'm not gonna dip my toes back in the game unless more achievements are added (which they won't).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    I wouldn't be shocked if Sega rolled Knuckles CD in with the DLC, but I wonder if there'll be a free update alongside Origins+ that patches in any bugfixes while also adding Knuckles to CD so there's feature parity between the games, since they did that with Mania.

6. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

Glad to see Amy finally make it in, even if I wanna get a better look at her spritework and move differences. The Game Gear games are a neat addition as well.

Now if only the main games were on par with their mobile ports.

7. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    I was half-expecting the trailer to go “Numerous bugs fixed!” but I realized that probably wouldn’t be very marketable :V

8. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    "Sonic Origins Plus - It Works Now, Trust Us"

• Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Hamzawesome

Hamzawesome

This is obvious to say, but this should've been Origins from the start. Looking back, I looked pretty dumb trying to defend Origins before it came out last year, saying that this is just a collection of old ports and that they can't possibly screw it up. Wasn't the first time I was burned by SEGA's incompetence.

I would've been more interested in this if it was the initial release of Origins, I don't care to play it anymore but I'm glad Knuckles (in CD) and Amy are playable.

10. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Nicely done - all those Game Gear games are running at the wrong aspect ratio.

But this is the crowning achievement:

[​IMG]

That's the Sonic Genesis title screen. As in, the GBA one. The one we hate.

11. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Of course it is...

12. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    Wouldn't surprise me if an intern goggled "Sonic Genesis" and that was one of the first results

13. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    If I recall correctly the one used in Sonic Genesis originates from one of the early-mid 2000's mobile phone ports of Sonic 1. Maybe that's what they had in their asset archive and didn't realize it's different from MD Sonic 1 lol

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oh ya that was like that from the start. The initial trailer used that logo too.

No idea why they keep doing that

15. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    I hate the music in this trailer

As a matter of fact, I feel like the trailer looks lazily made.

16. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    Hyper Potion ̶s̶ must have been busy ;)

17. Vertette

Vertette

A lot of the shots were recycled from previous trailers, so do with that info with you must lol

18. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    So, with Amy becoming playable, and with the trends thus far with playable characters, it begs the question:

Are we going to get Super Amy?

19. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    Playable Amy is what I wanted in a theoretical update, but I'm still holding out for bugfixes and QoL. Never cared about the GG games, and I'm even more confused by people's insistence of including the terrible genesis spinoffs. ;)

20. Levi Church

Levi Church

Icon art is made by FullmetalDubs Member
    Probably, along with Hyper Amy I guess for Sonic 3 & Knuckles.