don't click here

Sonic Classic 2

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Jul 21, 2011.

1. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    Is there a change log of what has been fixed/changed?

I haven't had much time to play it. I haven't tried to break it in many ways yet. However, one jarring bug seems to be new: move the player onto an incline (can be very slight) and try to look up or down. The animation won't complete and just keeps repeating. My guess, not having looked at the internals, is that the collision detection on the animations is different and keeps forcing the player to reset? Does that sound right? Or maybe I'm just completely left-field. But either way, it's very noticeable. But hopefully an easy one to correct.

Once I find time to do a proper play-through, I'll have more to say.

2. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Honestly the only thing that changed majorly were the ability to save your bindings in the controls menu, and I updated the plugins I used for everything. New bugs seem to have reared their head though with these updated plugins/updates to fusion. I didn't plan on having to release an update to panic fix the offensive language while also having covid, so it was kind of all a blur unfortunately.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm having an issue playing this on my desktop. For some reason this most recent release just shows up as a white blank screen. I can hear the sound effects and my inputs but I can't see anything. Idk what the issue might be.

4. Sally Rose

Sally Rose

Any good news as to when the true final boss will be added in? I've been looking forward to fighting him a while now

5. Foxeh

Foxeh

Animator Member
    In the Walls
    Sonic AGES and Writing a documentation for Realms
    So i've been trying to reset my controller and keyboard inputs back to default. not having any luck figuring it out alone so im here to ask, how do i do that?

6. Sally Rose

Sally Rose

is this still alive? can we get an update perhaps?

7. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    kind of, but not really. I lost a ton of motivation to ever work on it again with the twitter wars. On top of that, I had a second child a year ago (kind of the reason I released the near final beta) which has taken a majority of my time.

However, my oldest seems to like the Sonic Classic 1 levels more which is starting to motivate me to finish that portion up. I suppose we'll see. It wasn't as popular as I thought so I've kind of geared my efforst elsewhere nowadays.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. REPO Man

REPO Man

Is an Android port a possibility?

9. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    Those damn kids! Always taking up our time! ;)

I was going to try see about doing bug fixes and things to the game myself, but I don't honestly know if I'd have the time necessary to do it. As it is, I have competing priorities. Also, I'd have to get the DLC for Fusion, and I am not sure if I can justify getting it when I haven't even had much time to use Fusion without it.

10. Sally Rose

Sally Rose

I'd like to at least get a version update where I can finally fight the true final boss. That way the game is at least finished as far as the solo campaign is considered

11. RetroRespecter

RetroRespecter

Wow! To have so much dropped on you like that... I don't envy you a little bit, Hez.

12. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
  13. AbsoluteG

AbsoluteG

disgusted by origins plus Oldbie
    A black Hole
    life and shit..., a sonic 1 remake
    I totally understand how life gets in the way. I myself have been dealing with some of my own things so I know that all too well. and it's been interfering with my couple of projects a lot.

Still, mad respect to you and everything you've done for Classic 2.

14. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I really appreciate you sharing this. It honestly helped me lift the taboo I've had on working on this project for some time. I had gotten such negative feedback from the game for so long I think I kind of needed this. Thank you, I really mean that too.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Fwiw I thought Classic 2 was great. Shame it won’t work on my pc last time I checked.

16. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    I finally gave Sonic Classic 2 a spin a while ago and I'm just popping in to say I really like it. I didn't like the boss of the mines, but somebody on twitter pointed out I was basically running the launch version that I downloaded back when that came out (that's how far behind I am on... everything right now) but once I updated it I made it all the way to the boss of Space Chase.

It's kind of insane the amount of stuff you manage to pack in to these games. You did a good job.

17. Disko

Disko

Hey Hez. I just wanna say that i'm a huge fan of Classic 2 and also your previous Sonic Classic game. I remember playing the first Classic and having hours of enjoyment, and i gotta say that this sequel, did the same thing. Despite the few times i encountered the glitches, i can't say that it frustrated me in any way. Most of the glitches i've come across were from playing the challenges anyway so nothing that would affect my normal playthrough. There is a lot more content to check out in this sequel then in the first game which adds WAY more replay value. I didn't come across anything that would look rushed or unpolished, everything looked nicely implemented and functioned the way it would suppose to. The graphics... look... amazing. From the character art to zone graphics to menus, everything looks gorgeous, my favorite zone has to be Frozen Fractal, the graphics alone is why i like the stage. And the music for this zone? Its a freaking jam! Oh and speaking of the music, i like the fact that there are 3 seperate sound tracks. All of them are fantastic and each one of them has a different style of music going for. I really think that more people should play this sequel to and already amazing predecessor, its sad to see how much negative feedback you got from this game because i think this is an awesome sequel content packed with a ton of extras, enjoyable zones and music, it's insane how much work you've put into this game :-)

Oh and one more thing if i can ask, do you mind releasing all of the prototypes you have for Classic 2? I know you said people wouldn't care about having prototypes that are litreally only 1 day apart from the other ones, but i think that there are still a handful of interesting ones among all of them. Such as the one from July 19th 2015 where Fang's moveset was identical to the one in Yoshi's Island, or the one from January 2020 where it was basically transitioning to the new Classic 2 we know today but it still had many assets from the old versions intact. Or one from December 2012 with the old gray Circus City. I think it would be cool if you would be able to release them all to see these old ideas in action.

18. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    not the update everyon was wanting, but I did get some level maps exported. They're slightly different from the final as they are from a build I was working on a while back with newer edits. They're not significantly different though.

https://imgur.com/a/TCukZLA

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Foxeh

Foxeh

Animator Member
    In the Walls
    Sonic AGES and Writing a documentation for Realms
    hey is there a discord or something where i can find people who may be up for playing together on multiplayer?

20. Sally Rose

Sally Rose

Hay there, it's me again, just poking in to see if potentially there's any fun news on this? Hopefully so. That one last final boss is and has been the one final thing I've been holding on for for forever, so I am praying to the gods of Mobius that there's good news in such regards??!