don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    That's awesome. The man has literally almost worked himself to death trying to make Sonic the best he can possibly make it. And this bodes well for the organization of Sonic Team as an actual team.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. I feel like most of these devs never actually enjoy getting promoted… Nagoshi, Naka, Suzuki, etc., they just begin to complain that they don’t get to work on the stuff they actually care about anymore.

I don’t think Iizuka’s ever made any comments to that effect, so maybe this is something he’ll be happy with. Maybe he has a bit more leverage now to increase ST’s access to resources for a hypothetical SA-remake considering he mentioned it would require a lot.

3. Trippled

Trippled

Well for Iizuka the mission is clear. Sonic (even has it in the title). For Naka, Nagoshi and Suzuki? Visionaries under financial pressure...

This is also a lot about connecting him with multimedia people, the executive producer of the Sonic movies is on the board, but he isn't which is just kinda weird. So this makes sense.

4. MH MD

MH MD

• Informative Informative x 6
    • List
  5. Snowbound

Snowbound

6. MH MD

MH MD

My GUT feeling is that , since 2nd update is supposed to be out in June, then update 1 should be out in March, i expect a steady schedule of updates every 3 months throughout 2023

since we are in March now, I would say it’s about time we hear something about it very soon, in the end it’s not a big update

7. That makes sense.

Intriguing. It's been a few weeks since I've played Frontiers and I'm excited to see what they add. Frontiers is definitely the most I played a Sonic game in the release window outside of Mania (and probably SA and SA2 when I was a kid). I did like two and half runs on the Series X and one on the Switch in the first two months with a ton of arcade mode speed runs in between. Now that Xenia came out on the Series X, I've been giving modded 06 a try.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
  8. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    now Frontiers can be the true Sonic CD intro animation simulator :oldbie:

9. Snowbound

Snowbound

I was thinking the same thing! If this mod was the same shade of blue as modern Sonic in vanilla Frontiers than this would be my preferred model

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Someone remake the intro in 3D pleaseee

11. This is just awesome.

And kinda makes me wish they could make next game cel shading with a 2D-esque Sonic model.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    That model is really cool! Sticks out a bit in Frontiers but on it's own I think it looks great.

I'm surprised SEGA hasn't made a cel shaded Sonic game, too. Even if you take out the sheer artistic merit of how cool that would look, it would still probably be easier to accomplish and make look good compared to the more realistic style of Frontiers. Hell, even Frontiers' biggest inspiration Breath of the Wild is cel shaded. Guess the artists at Sonic Team just preferred the more realistic approach. (Although looking at the game's concept art, they did seemingly want a bit more of a fantastical edge compared to the final game, but still.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya now this this is what Sonic’s model should look like.

14. Linkabel

Linkabel

It was called Sonic Shuffle, and it's a shame they never did it again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    I don't know what you guys are on about, cel shaded Sonic looks ugly to me

16. GoldeMan

GoldeMan

Texas
    That game's whole atmosphere is weird as hell, it is a shame they never tried it again

17. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Seeing as Hudson was bought and killed by Konami, Secret Rings is the best you are getting.

18. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Secret Rings doesn't bring the surreal tone of Shuffle, though. Lots of devs could theoretically make a Sonic party game, but only a scant few could make it feel like as much of a fever dream as Sonic Shuffle.

19. RDNexus

RDNexus

Too bad they didn't bring back that formula later on.
    Party games can be quite fun, when done right ^^"

20. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member