don't click here

The Sonic the Hedgehog Headcanon Thread of Lore and Time Stones

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by BlackHole, Aug 31, 2022.

Tags:
  1. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I would just say that's because he was laughing with the two ghosts that were laughing, who retain the same voice actors as well.

Wait, we talking release date or timeline order?

Foreshadowing their loss to Chaos and the resultant Last Story... I said after their stories, not before the Last Story :eng99:

Guy runs at sonic speeds, I think he can relax in one place, wander to another and relax there.

It also shows her dropping two fruits, which isn't something she did. She also dropped that bag when the Flicky dropped on her head and E-100 Alpha arrived and chased her: poor girl had to go replace the shopping she lost.

2. Rafa Stary

Rafa Stary

deleted

Last edited: May 16, 2023
  3. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    She then has her apartment flooded and most likely the building destroyed.
    It was not a good week to be Amy....

4. Rafa Stary

Rafa Stary

deleted

5. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    I view it as a collective effort, since why would two of the four be there? Did Amy and Knuckles just happen upon Tails staring at the sky and immediately leave after?

6. Rafa Stary

Rafa Stary

deleted

7. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Indeed, but why is she staring at the sky?
    For me, it's more like Sonic: Mega Drive, where you see them making their way through the Zones together:
    [​IMG]

Speaking of Sonic: Mega Drive...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I ignore them, Sonic Forces has enough continuity issues without trying to force (heh) them into that mess.

You'll find, more often than not, my stance is "game canon only", since extra material like that tends to get lost over time, even online.

Anyone else remember that website claiming Sonic and Knuckles' stories in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles took place at the same time?

8. Rafa Stary

Rafa Stary

deleted

9. The official Sonic 4 website gave a brief synopsis of Sonic 1, 2 and 3&K, but for some reason claimed Knuckles’ story was concurrent to Sonic’s. I don’t recall it being taken very seriously at the time. People instead pointed to the inaccurate description as yet more proof that Sonic 4 was a lazy rush job.

11841A0A-8D93-4E58-83B8-869CD49CBBEB.jpeg

10. Rafa Stary

Rafa Stary

deleted

11. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    A writer named Ian Flynn, but I don't think so, no. Just a funny coincidence, unless Flynn decided on the Portal Gears being a thing.

Probably just a visual thing.

But then, the Chaos Emeralds are enlarged while on the shrine, to about Knuckles' size, like the Super Emeralds.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
  12. Rafa Stary

Rafa Stary

deleted

13. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    Actually, I think it has something to do with the altar itself.

There's three instances where the Chaos Emeralds appear large in cutscenes, if we include the Super Emeralds.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2.

Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles and Sonic Adventure sees both on Angel Island or what would later become it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While Sonic Adventure 2's sees it aboard the ARK.
    [​IMG]

With the recent revelations of Sonic Frontiers, it wouldn't surprise me if the Altar is some form of Ancient Technology that's causing the Chaos Emeralds to expand, with the Hidden Palace Zone and the ARK Altar being replications.

I would also add that the Altar is noted as "half-destroyed" after the Death Egg's crash, which is an odd thing to note if it had already been ruinous prior:

Furthermore, this altar appears to be separate from the Hidden Palace: the 'pillar' that we know is the Master Emerald is noted as below ground, while the Altar appears to be above ground enough to see the Death Egg from.

So if this is the Altar of Emerald, then ironically, the Hidden Palace and ARK replica of the Ancient's Altar of Emerald survived where the Altar was destroyed with Robotnik and Sonic's ongoing feud.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
  14. Rafa Stary

Rafa Stary

deleted

15. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

My assumption has long been that the upgrade process to Super Emeralds consumes enough energy to deplete them.

16. BlackHole

BlackHole

England
    Complaining
    That was me, I've had the idea the altar was doing something with the Chaos Emeralds for a while now, and Sonic Frontiers adding that the Ancients went to locate the Master Emerald and may have built the Altar of Emerald makes me think they have some involvement with the Super Emerald process.

I mean, when you're stuck in the situation they were and might have a way to further empower your mystical gemstones, would you not?

Or the Echidna didn't quite get their replication of the Ancients' Altar of Emerald down...

17. Rafa Stary

Rafa Stary

deleted

18. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Like I said, have you played S3K? You can upgrade the emeralds by visiting the altar through the giant multicolor rings.

19. Rafa Stary

Rafa Stary

deleted

20. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Already existing? The altar is empty (aside from the Master Emerald) when you first visit it and gets filled with the enlarged emeralds. If you didn't collect any emeralds, it remains like that.

S&K's altar never made any sense to me. I assume it works like that because it's a stripped down version of S3K's altar mechanic for the non-locked on game.

I recall playing the non-locked on S&K first and getting confused by the altar, then it started making sense when I played S3K.