don't click here

De-listed downloadable SEGA games

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by JaxTH, Sep 1, 2012.

1. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I know Jax knows via the Discord server, but for the sake of posterity:

At some point the Sega Forever version of Afterburner Climax was delisted from smartphone devices. This new iteration was listed in early April of 2019, but we're not sure when it was actually removed. It's almost certainly due to the licensed fighter jets in the game. If anyone has a better idea of when it was delisted, or knows a way to actually check outright, that would be awesome as we really have no idea right now.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Okay, because I have no damn sense of time...

Were any of you aware that the 360, PS3, and Steam versions of Sonic 1, 2, and 3 are being delisted on May 20th?

I want to specifically focus on the PS3 version of Sonic 2 because it has online and a specific glitch that happens online that happened to me and GeneHF back when it was free on PS3 due to the Sony hack back then.

Basically if you have a shield the "Game Over" text from the end of the match will overtake the shield and you get a "Game Over Shield". It's kinda funny. But we need a video of this (plus a picture too at least) for the wiki so can any two people do this before it's lost forever?

I've never seen this happen on 360 and PS3 relies on servers as far as I know. So yeah, time is almost up to document this.

3. Bobblen

Bobblen

I've got the steam version. There is an online option, though I've never tried it. Is the glitch definitely PS3 exclusive?

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I've never seen play of the Steam version, but since it never happened to me on the 360, I'd think it's PS3 exclusive.

5. Bobblen

Bobblen

Well I may as well try and recreate it on there anyway, I'm sure I'll be able to rope someone into giving multiplayer a go eventually!

6. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Status on Sonic Titles:
    Steam: All de-listed on May 20th, 2022
    Xbox 360: Everything but Sonic 1 on May 20th, 2022; Sonic 1 gone on May 27th, 2022.
    PlayStation 3: Everything but Sonic CD on May 20th, 2022
    My time is currently 8:45PM PST, because we want ACCURATE dates!:eng101:

EDIT: RIP that Sonic 2 PS3 glitch though. Unless someone wants to find out if online still works.

EDIT 2: Sonic CD is still on the PS3 as of July 1st, 2022.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  7. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    You can still buy Sonic CD on the PS3 store as of today. Just putting that out there.

8. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
  9. Yuzu

Yuzu

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
  10. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
  11. Battons

Battons

Shining Force Fan Member
    Thanks for the warning. Snagged JSR and Daytona USA as that port is pretty cool. Still debating on the kidd. I knew keeping that old dust box 360 around was worth it!

12. Alex Kidd is worth it for the Super Hang-On port which is utterly amazing, still to this day

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Real shame to see Daytona USA leaving. Would be hilarious if it got re-released as Sega Racing Classic on newer systems.