don't click here

Sonic Prime (Netflix Animated Series)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Joebro64, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Is this a serious question you're openly asking here?

2. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    I actually was talking about that inside job show. I have absolute and complete confidence Sonic Prime will make it to season 2.

But as I was talking about that inside job show that was cancelled and everyone was paid properly and not Sonic prime which is successful and will probably get another order of episodes, we are veering off topic so I'm done with this.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Last thing I’ll say, for what it’s worth, I don’t believe Inside Job Season 2 started production, rather they were initially renewed for Season 2 but it was revoked. Other projects though have been cancelled lately during or just before filming, and in one case at least post season completion.

If Prime were canceled now, 16 episodes would remain unaired. Whether it’s renewed or is even intended for more than one season is yet to be seen.

Also depending on contracts everyone might not have been compensated fairly. They could have percentage deals or something based off viewership (ok last thing for real, sorry Netflix just angers me)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
  4. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
  5. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

...I mean, I would certainly hope so.

6. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Find a hobby while you wait

7. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Well both me and my almost-2-year-old enjoyed Sonic prime a lot. He keeps saying he wants to watch "Sonic show". I liked the use of things like the Sonic Wind and Knuckles being able to spindash. Haven't seen that in actual decades.

8. AlliaTheEchidna

AlliaTheEchidna

I laughed way too hard at this. Thus far the Anime for Netflix have been consistently renewed but I am seeing all my J and K dramas having S2s cancelled..... So I laughed hard at this.

9. Londinium

Londinium

Here's hoping Velma accidentally gets cancelled in the race

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That show being cancelled sounds like it wouldn’t be an accident, it seems to only have views due to hate watching

11. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
  12. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

Tyson is great

13. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie

Are we not going to talk about how the background became foreground objects?? I loved this throwback for what it is……but….sheesh. Other than that I loved this scene and I hope we get more easter eggs like this!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  14. Londinium

Londinium

No

15. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    No what?

16. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

I thought it was fun to use the rock formations in the fight.

17. Ura

Ura

Brazil
    "Crimson Angel - Honey the Cat" on AO3 (on Hiatus)
    Unrelated, but I find funny how a piece of the floor starts floating for no reason at 0:29 so Knuckles can punch it, I GUESS the idea's that he's using the impact from the landing to do that, still funny tho

18. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    People just actually like shows like Velma and aren't stuck on hyperspecific parts of the internet worrying about which cartoon gets to keep going because it's ultimately based on how much people are actually watching, which is entirely uncontrollable, and while the "animation fans" of the internet would LOVE for any of THEIR specific projects to continue, they just don't meet the right expectations. Either you're prestige enough, like Arcane, or you get a good amount of viewership naturally, like Sonic Prime. That's how a show survives. Only other scenario where you're safe is if you're willing to do a show so under budget that it'd be stupid to cancel it if even only the core viewership remains. That's very hard to do with animation, and a lot of people are increasingly unwilling to scale back on their ambitions, which is the biggest failure of any creator these days; It's hard to build a brand from nothing. Very hard to stand out, especially as an animated show, to most people who think "cartoons are for children".

A side note, the Velma hate is such a non-issue, if you don't like what it's done to the characters or whatever, you have a new classic styled Scooby Doo movie guaranteed for every year, decades worth of them already made, so many episodes of TV that they haven't even properly been archived by the people who own them, you have so many more options than to complain that this one thing doesn't do things the way you would have liked. It also feels hypocritical considering it's about on par with the production quality of Final Space, which people were willing to speak positively on because WBD scrapped it for parts because nobody watched it or talked about it before then and then all they knew about it was that the creator cared about it (which every creator does about their shows!). But these people have the actual raw data on how well something is performing and have the unfortunate task of assessing whether or not they'd do well to continue.

Anyways. Sonic Prime is guaranteed all 24 of its episodes. Maybe they'll make something different after that. who cares anymore.

19. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
  20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The entire scene is like a bad Newgrounds animation from 15 years ago. Getting some serious Sonic For Hire vibes from it, and that's not because of any positive nostalgia. Clearly the animators working on Prime are talented when it comes to CG, but the results of their sprite animations are bottom of the barrel.

Not sure why we should focus on background and foreground objects....