don't click here

The Sonic Merchandise Topic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Retro_Stew, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    On the topic of McDonald's toys, did Sonic Rush get any? I remember having a Sonic in a ball as a kid which is one of the Sonic X toys, but I could've sworn the Happy Meal box itself was promoting Sonic Rush...for reference, I was living in Cyprus at the time, in case that affects anything.

2. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    A Sonic robe, slipper, and boot slipper are available for preorder in the Sega UK shop(pe)

And I am upset there's no word that these will come west :V

3. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

Yeah I do. I can't say how I know this info but.. this is the actual reason why.

So this wave was essentially a cost saving way to keep the toyline active without spending a lot of money on new moulds for figures.

But why did they go for those pastel like colouring? Well it turns out that the market research team came back with reports saying that pastel colouring was really popular with the target demographic.

And that is why we have the freak show figure line.

4. Wildcat

Wildcat

Seems like he could be a Super Tails. I like the pink nose.

Could become more collectible for being different.

5. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    How has this bad boy not been brought up yet?
    IMG_20221127_163132.jpg
    I need to clean my office, but I'm going to set this up to go with my Christmas display this year and take some nice pictures.

6. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    That bad boy has been nowhere on store shelves near me, so I just gift-carded one on Amazon today. Now next time I visit Target they'll have 'em in mass stock just like the Death Egg Robot. :V

7. I haven’t found one in person yet. Toy stores near me have the Death Egg Robot one where Sonic can smash into it, but I’m not very interested in it. This one looks like it’d be nicer as a display piece.

I have to say I’m super annoyed at the crappy toys we got in the late 90s/early-to-mid 2000s when I actually was a kid lol. The only Sonic toys I remember having or seeing were the Sonic Adventure regular sized figures that came with rings, the sets of smaller SA1 figures that had Chaos Emeralds, and the bendy figures produced for SA2.

Insert Step Brothers’ evenbetterwehavethemwhenwere40.png lol.

8. Chimes

Chimes

The One SSG-EG Maniac Member
    Oh my god they made him into a action figure
    [​IMG]

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I'm really tempted to get one of those Egg-o-matic toys if I see one =P

10. Xilla

Xilla

I saw them in B&M a few days ago.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yeaaa I caved and ordered that off Amazon

12. My girlfriend was at an H&M yesterday and found this sweatshirt in the kids department (it’s size 170+/age 14+ and actually fits well lol - I’m 176 cm and 56kg). I was wearing it as a pajama top to bed and was brushing my teeth when I actually read the Katakana written on it in the mirror… It says Sonikku Sa Hesshihokku (ソニック・サ・ヘッシホック) rather than Sonikku Za Hejjihoggu (ソニック・ザ・ヘッジホッグ), missing the dakuten on sa, shi, and ku.

017B253E-AC1C-4041-969A-FD7B406FF9B2.jpeg

https://www2.hm.com/da_dk/productpage.1107012001.html

So if anyone wants a shirt with the world’s most famous Heshhock, there you go lol. I’m actually surprised that I’ve never seen a Japanese spelling mistake like this on clothes before.

I was initially thrown by how he sort of looks too jolly for the quote, “Saa Eggman,” (“Come on, Eggman,” essentially) that I didn’t even bother reading the text above.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  13. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    At least missing dakuten are easy enough to paint on.

14. Chimes

Chimes

The One SSG-EG Maniac Member
    Sean Connery Preshents:
    Sonich Suh Heshhock

15. Haha, yup. That’s what I planned on if I ever decide to wear this as something other than pajamas. My gf was saying, “No one around speaks Japanese so who cares?” Pshhh. She’s on thin ice.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
  16. Did you guys realize that there is a difference between the USA and UK advent calendars from Jakks? I had only seen marketing stuff for the US version and ended up getting a calendar. I couldn’t make sense of what I was getting and looking at the windows, I had no clue where most of the figures would fit. It turns out that Ray, Amy, Eggman, etc., come in the US one, while the UK version comes with 4 more chaos emeralds.

Here are pics of the contents in case anyone needs to order a new one like I did lol.

USA:
    876D5358-D4B6-403A-91E1-5BBEC5B6F172.jpeg

UK:
    49782BB0-B336-42AB-A36F-88EDB82E9205.jpeg

Addendum: It was ordered as a bday present last week by my girlfriend and apparently the actual site did show the correct contents, but I guess I was just surprised as I wasn’t the one to buy it so I didn’t check and she didn’t know what was supposed to be in it.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
  17. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

So I imported the US one back in the Summer (I know!) And I did think at the time it was a bit odd how Sonic, Tails and Knuckles were Christmas themed but the others were not.

Which site has the emerald accessory one? Just curious to take a look myself.

18. I'm not sure where my girlfriend ordered it from, but searching the Danish term (Julekalender) brings me to this site which has a few Nordic sellers: https://cdon.dk/legetoj/sonic-the-hedgehog-julekalender-2022-p105875079

There's also this one: https://toyspace.dk/sonic-the-hedgehog-julekalender-med-figurer-og-tilbehoer-414514

Last edited: Dec 9, 2022
  19. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Sonic Prime figures are coming. Here is what is known so far

Sonic Prime - Sonic Plush
    Sonic Prime - 2.5" Pirate Playset
    Sonic Prime - 2.5" Multipack Wave 1

Nothing in the 4" scale yet

20. JaxTH