don't click here

Sonic Prime (Netflix Animated Series)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Joebro64, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Yea, I don't think they'd put her with the main hero group if she was still morally dubious. Its fine, Rouge is still a fun character regardless. I am curious though on how they integrate her into the group. Outside of Knuckles, she doesn't have much of a dynamic with the others.

2. I'm actually curious in what Shadow is going to be focused.

3. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Oh sure. I'm sure she'll still be enjoyable. If I had to guess, they're going to draw more attention to her role as a spy and tactician here. I'm okay with that. She's a main character and that's just like, the best unexpected news. It's better that they use existing characters than make new ones that create a bigger wedge between the main games and this show.

Wonder what her voice will be like though. I'm honestly not very keen on her post-2010 game voice.

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    When will the Rouge outfit mods start? I really like it!

5. Considering he's not with the group when the universe gets fucked, he'll probably be working behind the scenes to fix everything.

And getting into pissing contests with Sonic of course.

6. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Oh no I can't touch myself to the cartoon bat in this show made for children.

The future bits have better looking scenery, though if you wanted another Sonic tag team power of friendship show, why not renew Sonic Boom for another season?

Anyway I thought they might be taking a page from Disney+ and aim for the mass market, but yeah, kids show for kids, and I'm in my 30s. Pass.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

You're not serious with this, right? As much as I ended up enjoying Boom, Prime is obviously a totally different beast.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2022
  8. MH MD

MH MD

9. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    The visuals continue to be absolutely stellar.

Not sure about the dialogue. The performances sound great, but I'm really hoping the writing is better than the trailer makes it look. I'm not that worried since stuff like this happens all the time, but that little speck of doubt remains in my mind. Even if it's not great, hopefully the action and pacing will carry it.

All that said, it's kind of infuriating to me that we finally get game-accurate visuals and assumedly the games' normal world in a Sonic cartoon...and it's the one about traveling to alternate universes and interacting with distinctly not-the-normal-versions of Sonic's friends.

10. Snowbound

Snowbound

I wonder if the whole “alternative universes” premise is a way to work around Sega’s mandates. “Relax bossman, that’s not Tails… it’s Tails with a pirate hat. It’s an Original character, don’t steal, so the mandates don’t apply.”

Okay I say this partially in jest. Sega is still going to be protective with their characters. But I could see it being easier to get plots approved for alternate versions. That said you’re absolutely entitled to be disappointed by the multiverse premise

11. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I feel like they should be using Silver instead of Shadow for contacting Sonic, or a combination of the two.

I mean, a character travelling along timelines sounds right up his alley...

12. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    You know why they didn’t though. We all know why they didn’t. I doubt Silver will even be in this show…which makes me wonder if it’ll be officially placed before the IDW 2022 annual if we are indeed going down the route of the grand canon.

13. Broad strokes probably

14. Vertette

Vertette

Silver is hanging around in the future until the future somehow gets wrecked again and he has to go back to the past to save the future even though you'd think the future would be fine considering Sonic always saves it anyway but there's some weird timey wimey explanation. Time travel in Sonic amirite.

It continues to look pretty good. The council of Eggmen could be amazing, I hope they do something with that.

15. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Still looks like the best new piece of Sonic media this year.

The voices are still weird being different, that will take time to bed in.

16. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    I do find it interesting the concept besides the multiverse is that from the sounds of it, Sonic apparently doesn't exist in any of them 'sides the "Prime" universe. I'm pretty curious now. I really do like the visuals and animation, like the stretch Sonic does before getting hit by that truck.

Though I have to wonder. For obvious reasons besides mentioned above, they won't use the concept of an "evil Sonic," but can SEGA use the evil counterpart idea for the other characters?

17. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    I mean, Sonic X was kind of that.

18. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    What I'm really enjoying is this sort of neo-Freedom Fighters situation, going down in neo-Robotropolis. It's what child-me wanted to see from Sonic after discovering Reboot on YTV.

19. Dissident

Dissident

Sami Member
    To be honest, that trailer makes it look very much like a "kids show" and not much more than that. My interest would end there but I was happy to see that the show is getting a full Arabic dub - I'm trying to really improve my Modern Standard Arabic so this should be perfect for that. Hope it's good!

20. Weird how Sonic & Shadow don't seem to have any variants.