don't click here

Neo Islands Trilogy screenshots

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Shade, Dec 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mighty Boosh

The Mighty Boosh

Stupid like a FOX! Member
    Good question actually, although from the screenshots, it'd look like nothing's changing in terms of layout.

2. Shade

Shade

Actually, I am changing the level layouts. Just taking care of the pallete first. Teal Valley already has an entirely original layout.

3. Shade

Shade

Okay folks, I have started development on Sonic the Hedgehog: Neo South Island. Here is a screenshot of my first Green Hill Zone edit from that same hack:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, it was inspired somewhat by Collision Chaos Zone. I was trying to be original, but not too out there while desinging this pallete. What do you all think so far?

Oh, and before you ask, all three of these games will have new palletes and level names at the very least, Sonic 1 and 2 will definitley have new level layouts, and they may get a custom soundtrack.

Feedback plz.

EDIT: Again I apologize for the smallness of the screenshot. Photobucket keeps screwing with my screenshots these days.

4. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Hmm, not bad. Though I'd like it if you lightened up your purple a bit. Check the purple in my CPZ palette -- That's the kind of subtle purple I love to see.

5. Trigahd

Trigahd

I am your gahd!! Member
    Somewhere in the skies
    Nothing worth mentioning
    Alright, for the Sonic 2 screenshots, I noticed you like to use a lot of yellow/orange in your hack. Now this isn't bad, but a little more variation in your coloring would help.

Teal Valley isn't much of a change in coloring, but it does look good to see that loop being used in EHZ. Tidal Tempest Zone, I cant say much about it, other than it's orange. I like the silver used in Silver City. If you got rid of that green, it would look really good. Since the palette was in progress when you posted that pic, I'll lay off the shading issue. Cryptic Cavern looks okay for now. Sunset Chase (or whatever it's called, I forget), it has an interesting sky, I suppose.

As for your GHZ pics, the orange really doesn't seem to go well with the purple. It doesn't seem to look right for me, but do what you will with it. IMO, I would replace one of them though.

6. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    It's nice that everyone seems to be in pat-on-the-back mode, but I think that pallet hacks are getting STALE. How about some custom art?

7. ddrmaxromance

ddrmaxromance

Looks great man. Keep it coming! :)

8. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Do you enjoy being nothing but a total jack ass?

9. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Pallete hacks are teh ghey. However this is a pallete and LAYOUT hack. Due to how few actual hacks are ever released, Even a pallete and layout hack isn't that back. Neither are impressive, but it's way cooler than no hack.

10. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

I know I found the whole hacking thing quite difficult back when I tried it. Not all of us can be like Stephen, or for that matter any of the tech members.

11. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Hey, while I do indeed enjoy being a jackass, I don't think that it's fair to say I _only_ am.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.