don't click here

Bayonetta 3 thread. October 28th, 2022 for Switch

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by KingOfBunnies, Dec 8, 2017.

1. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    Love the fakeouts throughout the trailer leading up to her introduction, I legit thought we were looking at a sequel to Astral Chain until she appeared. Those braided pigtails make my gay heart sing.

Also was that Vergil from the Devil May Cry series at the end?

2. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    If that dialogue isn't translated as "oh no, our weapons are useless", they've missed a trick.

3. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Considering how young this Bayonetta looks, I'm wondering if it's not supposed to be an adult version of "Cereza" from the alternate timeline, and if this whole thing is just a fakeout. Recasting Bayonetta would be a huge mistake, considering how solid Helena Taylor has been throughout the previous games. Is her voice different in the Japanese trailer? I know that Taylor tweeted cryptically earlier this month about not voicing Bayonetta anymore, but I do wonder if it's just a bit of a marketing ploy.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya Bayonetta looks different here for sure, so do the monster designs, so maybe this is an alternate Cereza timeline

But her original voice actress was great. If she left she'll be missed. Still though can't wait for this game.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!

This one looks a bit different but I think it looks like a good time! I loved 1 and 2 (especially 2) so I'm really looking forward to this, although I wish Bayonetta's voice actress wasn't replaced (that and I liked her Bayonetta 2 outfit/hairstyle better)

6. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Glad we finally got a proper trailer, but I have some reservations. The villain this time doesn't seem very original or as iconic as Balder was. Bayonetta for me has never been about story or humour (though I thought it was pretty good!). What I liked the most about her was the exquisite design and the medieval setting, besides the ballsy action o' course. There's more to the series than the trailer suggests.

That being said, I'm loving the new outfits. I have no idea what's going on storywise, but the character design is top notch as usual.

7. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I think it's intentional for the story.

9. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

10. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Oooohhhh that is really really disappointing. I really hate hearing how Platinum or Nintendo or whoever stiffed her good on this one, she helped make the damn character what she is!

I’m very conflicted on this

12. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

It's very easy to boycott this now with how Platinum is treating Taylor!

13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yea I guess I should cancel the preorder huh.

Alright cancelled. Siding with the real Bayonetta

14. Kyro

Kyro

Update on this story is, amusingly, Hideki Kamiya getting suspended on twitter for mass blocking people.

Anyways, yeah, in the same boat, was excited but this has soured my attitude to the game, will not be buying it

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Man this sucks and Kamiya's response to this was really upsetting.

16. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I find it odd people are surprised at Kamiya's behaviour, we've been aware he's a complete douche for a good decade at least, right?

17. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    At least the Twitter blocking thing. :V

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Can’t say I know much about Platinum’s inner workings, kinda just liked them because they made Bayonetta :V

19. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Kamiya acted like an asshole because from 2012-2016 like 90% of his twitter replies had a racial slur in them, I don't know why people are pretending he was unreasonable being hostile to that. However, him acting like this when Taylor spoke out is bad. But it was never just "him being a douche".

20. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Weird how people are going after Platinum when Nintendo is no doubt in charge of the financials of the game.

Remember that Sega chose Aliens: Colonial Marines instead of putting more money into Bayonetta 2 which is why Nintendo footed the bill there and Taylor still voiced Bayonetta.

Anywho, she was replaced by Jennifer Hale who no way in hell only took a $4,000 paycheck to do the voice when she is the most prolific female VA in the industry.