don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    I didn't realize just how horrifying that skin is up close. Also idk personally I'm only expecting customizable gloves and shoes like Ultimate, I think that's the farthest they'll go. Even the Korone DLC is just gloves and shoes.

2. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    • Informative Informative x 11
    • List
  3. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Praise be, my HP Omen laptop's going to do just fine and may even run this better than the Switch. I'm wondering whether I should switch my SOAP shoes platform from Switch to Steam, mainly because I'm unsure whether I'll be double-dipping now.

4. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Glad my PC will be able to run this. I’ll probably have to knock the resolution down to 720p like I did with Forces for 60 fps but it’s better than not being able to play at all.

5. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    I appreciate them giving benchmarks on what you'll be able to run with each set of specs. It makes me wonder how much graphical customization there will be on the PC side of things.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    I liked the soap footwear back on the DC days, but I don't like the ones for Frontiers; are they really the same model or were they tweaked beyond necessary?

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It’s absolutely not the same model. Probably just doesn’t work as well with the Forces model compared to the SA2 one, but I’m of the opinion that they don’t fit at all they’re too busy for an otherwise somewhat simplistic design.

8. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    These soap shoes already look like heels, let's do it reverse and have Rouge with soap heels.

9. Battons

Battons

Shining Force Fan Member
    Honestly this seems like sega attempting to hook in those that are unsure about the game and also to gauge wider interest outside of gaming conventions. I think it’s a bit silly locking this dlc behind a newsletter but I must admit they chose an effective way to get people to sign up.

10. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Allow me to laugh in the 3080 TI I waited over 2 years to buy at a discount below MSRP.

Thank god for the crypto crash. (It wasn't a mining card, but an open box deal at a retailer. Held up well so far a few months in, and I do a lot of rendering and video work with it too.)

11. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
  12. RikohZX

RikohZX

Brand factors. The Hi-Speed Shoes are recognizably meant to be the SA2 ones, but they can't actually make them 1:1 literally the SOAP Shoes since they don't have the actual brand name.

Ersatz knockoffs, or "the same thing but legally different", basically.

13. Snowbound

Snowbound

This gives me hope that there will be numerous settings that I could turn down to play this on my old laptop. Now let’s just hope that denuvo doesn’t destroy the game’s performance.

14. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

They look pretty accurate to SA2 to me.

[​IMG]

Besides the originals weren't accurate replicas of the real life shoes to begin with, nor had the Soap branding IIRC, so they should be safe to use.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  15. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    Of course they're not accurate to any real life shoe, they're not based on any existing model of SOAPs, they were specifically designed for SA2. The only tie-in is the grind plate under the sole, which of course isn't trademarked, or else a few different companies would be in some hot water. They're definitely safe to replicate the exact shoe without Heelys coming after Sonic Team or anything

Also... this game comes out in 1 month. Crazy.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
  16. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    I would assume the minimum requirements account for Denuvo. It would only be bad for them to provide inaccurate minimum requirements, as that would increase the potential amount of refunds by a sizable amount.

17. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    Wait, didn't a previous SteamDB update remove any mention to Denuvo?

18. Snowbound

Snowbound

That’s an an absolutely reasonable assumption… but you know what they say about assumptions. And look this isn’t even a diss towards sega, I’m just very careful with my money. I also really dislike dealing with refunds. When I buy something I want to be confident in my purchase and be done.
    It was removed… then it was added back:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1237320/Sonic_Frontiers/
    1412F2E6-3948-4542-B348-EDFFF2CBE802.jpeg

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    I wonder if a concerted effort to send a message via the social media channels could change that...

20. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Probably not.