don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. netscapenow

netscapenow

Sonic Underground medallion and Manic/Sonia skin DLCs when?

2. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    I would die of excitement if they added a Chip’s bracelet glove cosmetic.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    I can see them adding gloves and shoes from across the cast as cosmetic options; Shadow's gloves and hover shoes were the first that came to my mind.

+ - Sonic wearing Rouge's heels, though °3°  

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That is a missed opportunity in both colors ultimate and smash - letting Sonic wear other characters shoes. Seems easy enough and it’s fun fan service.

At least give us classic shoes or something

5. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    I’m gonna go ahead and guess that the dlc shoes are the only major customization we’re getting.

6. VenomTH

VenomTH

I'd like skins of the various Sonic characters that have appeared so far. For example, there could be classic Sonic, OVA Sonic, Adventure Sonic, Riders Sonic, Boom Sonic, etc. The hitbox could be kept the same as the original so reasonable size differences or proportion changes shouldn't matter much. And most skins already keep Sonic's signature features (i.e., red shoes, white gloves, etc.) The mobile games seem to have it (although I am obligated to confess I don't know much about these games), so why not the main games? If Sega decides to monetize skins as they're doing, it seems like this could be a way to add customization and a bit of flair.

7. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I think that'll most likely be the case yeah.
    If there was some kind of heavy customisation options they probably would've advertised it by now, I'm guessing we're getting the shoap shoes and vtuber things + a few bonuses (like shadow's shoes for 100%ing the game or something)

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    All the various Sonics have different proportions and more than just matching hit boxes, they need matching skelteons. Ever seen Classic stretched to Modern proportions in generations? Bizarre. It looks like modern put on a mask of himself, but not a good one.

they could add the flair from the other Sonics, but other models? Nah.

9. VenomTH

VenomTH

Obviously different models would be rigged and animated differently, I'm not sure how technically difficult or feasible this would be for Sega but I have a feeling it could be possible. Other industry-leading games like Fortnite do it and they have hundreds of different emotes. In any case, it would be lovely to see Sega acknowledge these past Sonic designs, even if only in reskins or clothing options.

10. kyasarintsu

kyasarintsu

People like the design and it was in a game that's important to them. It's iconic and nostalgic.
    Do you actually not see why people are making a fuss about it or do you really just take any chance you can get to spoil any excitement for this game?

Last edited: Oct 5, 2022
  11. I don't like the soap shoes THAT much, but I can see why people are makinga big fuss about it. It also makes me happy that SEGA actually are putting a bit of effort on the cosmestic, as for someone that don't care about it that much.

12. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Speaking as someone who has no nostalgia for SA2, the SOAP shoes are neat. I don’t think I prefer them to the regular shoes but I think they work well with Sonic’s design and there’s a novelty to seeing the character accessorise, same deal with the Riders design. I can definitely see myself using them in game.

13. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    The SOAP shoes were always neat and it means we might see more iconic memorabilia brought back as customization options as well.

I'd do anything for the Riders sunglasses.

14. RikohZX

RikohZX

Not to cope, but honestly they've still not really advertised how anything works internally. We see the combat, the movement, the puzzles, the Cyberspace, but it's all surface level basics they don't want to really go in-depth on whatsoever, hence my "mystery box" statement I made before. They don't even want to show us the HUD or skill tree system, and were it not for word of mouth, things like the Bounce and Drop Dash simply wouldn't be known about from Sega.

I don't expect much customization myself, but the system is there. To have two DLCs in two sides of the world for a system that works to allow customization, and then have nothing else, would be stupid. But then it is Sega, so stupid is the norm sometimes.

15. This convo has reminded me of something… is the perfect homing attack from Colors Ultimate not in the game? I assumed that mechanic was going to carry over to future games.

I get that it was a way to get boost and this game isn’t exactly a boost title, but they could have it deal more damage to enemies or put them in a stun state. I like when games incorporate a bit of timing into the combat so it isn’t so button mashy. Onee Chanbara for example has the cool combo system where you attack as your prior attack hits which is pretty fun.

16. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    As far as I could tell, there was no indication of a Perfect Homing Attack in the demo, but I think what you've suggested would work really well if it just straight up knocked significant chunks of enemies' health off, allowing those not enamoured with the combat system to play the game more traditionally.

17. Yeah, I figured it wasn’t there or it’d be mentioned by a demo player. I’m not sure they’d want to make the combat completely irrelevant like your example but encouraging more thoughtful play would be nice for those not convinced by the combat. I was kind of imagining it as a lead-in to a cyloop. Like if there were too many enemies to loop them easily, so you stun them in place with a perfect HA then loop them. I’m not sure if it’d ever be that hard to pull off the cyloop that it’d be necessary though.

18. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    There seems to be some conflicting information, but from what I gather a lot of people have reported the bounce attack simply unlocking partway through Kronos and not being part of the upgrade tree. I think the perfect homing attack could theoretically be part of that if there's other abilities that unlock that way. After all, they've frontloaded Sonic with so many fucking moves by default that they need to start scraping the bottom of the barrel eventually.

19. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    personally I love it when games have loads of customisable costumes and skins, it's just a fun little optional thing.

I don't expect them to do this, but it'd be cool if they had something like this skin from SA2
    [​IMG]
    or they could really impress me and include a low poly SEGA Saturn Sonic skin like Mario Odyssey did with the Mario64 skin :P

20. Yeah, this would be ideal but like someone else said, animating/rigging separate models would be a bit too much work compared to what we’ve seen. Mario still has pretty much the same proportions as in 64, so it’s simpler than Sonic who got overhauled.

The SA2 alternate costume could happen though, but it’s a relatively deep cut. I can’t imagine anyone other than Iizuka would really remember it or have enough appreciation to add it, but who knows?