don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Damn, that’s a little annoying that it’s for the US. I was going to get a European copy locally for PS to actually play then the JP Switch version to collect. I’m sure we’ll get it as well eventually but it’d nice if they’d announce it simultaneously so people don’t have to wonder.

2. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Not sure what you mean.
    I switched the language of the website to french and that DLC was still available for any newsletter subscription.
    I just applied.

3. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I know some people in the UK who have signed on to get it as well.

4. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I did as well, made sure to put the correct region and everything but the mail didn’t mention soap shoes, just "future rewards" or something as equally vague.
    So I assumed it was indeed region locked like some people mentioned earlier in the thread

But I certainly wouldn’t mind receiving them as easily as this lol

5. Oh, so it’s not US-specific? I was just going off comments since I didn’t click it.

6. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    That's the email I received, in the US with US region selected. I wonder, if you set region to an eligible region and used a VPN to get on the email list, could the Steam code still refuse to install based on the store region you installed the game on? That's kinda lame if so.

7. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

Lyon, France
    I selected the french region, and I received the same email (english and all), so...I guess we'll have to wait and see :V

I think it's a bit of a shame that you can only select one system to receive the reward on- I plan to double dip and buy the series x and switch version, so I'll probably have to double dip on the newsletter with two email accounts lol

8. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    For whatever it's worth, Frontiers' SOAP shoes are a different model than Forces'.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Frontiers version have the outer yellow curve as flat rather than rounded and the shape of the top of the shoes is different, with the Frontiers version curve upwards rather than levelling off at the ankle. Looks like the Frontiers version has more material variety too, with the strap being reflective, suggesting plastic, whereas the Forces version of that area is more matte like some kind of fabric. Hopefully we get the other kicks Sonic has worn over the past 30 years, like the Riders shoes and the Boom shoes. The Boom shoes were also in Forces, along with the scarf and sports tape gloves, so I have hope.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  9. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Well shit. Fair enough.

Well, like Shaddy was saying, at least there will be mods for PC users.

10. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    For the record, I did sign the newsletter with my region of origin (Chile) and I also recieved the message regarding "exclusive piece of in-game content", so I assume the Soap Shoes bonus only applies to the regions where Sega majorly distributes their products, I think? I can't really tell.

Also, I have to agree that making said shoes, which are a fan favorite, time-limited content (and one that isn't even a pre-order bonus, to boot) is a bit scummy on Sega's part, especially since a couple of "leaks" (such as the one that guessed Sage's name) imply that they were already in the game's code.

Well, if there's something that Odyssey, as well as Fall Guys, taught me, is that it is possible to create a variety of unique costumizable options regardless of the limited "body parts" to choose from. For example, wearing the Riders gloves also has Sonic wear the sunglasses from the games, or the backpack can be a special glove cosmetic. While I honestly doubt that Sonic Team went far and beyond for more out-there cosmetics (at least for this game), I'm not rulling out the possibility either :)

Finally, changing the subject back to the Spin Dash and the seemingly unused left trigger: if Sonic News Network ain't lying, then LT is so far used for the Sonic Boom, that barrage of proyectile kicks that is activated while airborne or in the middle of a combo. If the Spin Dash is indeed present in the game, it may be mapped to LT (ground only), but I can also see it being activated through button combinations, like Crouch + Boost.

11. I could only see the Soap Shoes being worth it if there was some kind of multiplayer to show them off in. As far as I’m aware, that’s not happening, so chalk me up as indifferent.

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I don't see what there is to make a fuss about. I never thought the shoes were that interesting even back in 2001...

13. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    cuz they look cool

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  14. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Those shoes are fucking MASSIVE. Those things are gonna fall off his feet at the slightest of use lol.

This does get me wondering about the other cosmetic options, which are hopefully extended to more than just shoes and gloves like in Colors Ultimate. Give me Forces level customization variety with the amount of things you can wear, and I'll be happy.

Also Movie shoes when

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    … am I the only one who liked the cosmetics they gave Sonic in Colors Ultimate? I really don’t want to dress Sonic up like a cowboy or put him in that Gamer hat I just want some extra flair

16. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

Lyon, France
    I didn't like that they were just reskins. No different shoes or gloves to chose from, just different colours/textures for the standard ones.

And in a series kinda infamous for shitty recolours OCs the last thing I'd want is to mess with Sonic's base colour scheme: blue skin, red shoes, white gloves. It's pretty much perfect that way.
    But the only options you have with Ultimate's customisation IS to mess with that colour scheme; why the hell would I want to play as Sonic with blue shoes and pink gloves? It looks...wrong :V

I did appreciate the metallic/reflective red skin for the shoes and the movie boost, which is the setup I went for in my playthrough. But any other option looked weirdly unappealing or straight up bad lol.

17. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I think mostly nostalgia for SA2. Which is harmless enough.

18. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

Lyon, France
    Or maybe some of us genuinely think these shoes look good?

...nah you're right, it's GOTTA be nostalgia. Can't see any other reasons.

19. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Yeah, that's what has me interested in em.

I think that's why she said "mostly"?

20. I can’t imagine there being many ways to customize Sonic that don’t ruin his design. Soap shoes are fine, as I like the look and they were in a game, but the vast majority of Forces cosmetics just wouldn’t look good on Sonic. I think the only things that are acceptable to change are gloves, shoes, and auras, and even then, most of the stuff in Colors Ultimate looked downright hideous to me.

That being said… OVA clothes or riot.
    83C9634F-669E-426A-8497-33514B3AE3AC.png

Last edited: Oct 4, 2022