don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. MH MD

MH MD

sorry but where they said that? i can't recall this statement and i need to know but can't find it

2. Lmao. If you guys are that skeptical, just wait until the game discounted after its out.

I didn't play Sonic Forces until it was free on PS+, which was like two years after it came out. You don't have to buy the latest Sonic game, even if others are saying good things about it. Unless the FOMO is that strong.

Though I do find it amusing how the typical narrative of Sonic games being subpar and overlooked is starting to flipped on its head with this positive PR. Like, I'm still cautiously optimistic about Frontiers but seeing so many people be positive about it is really throwing me off and I don't know if I wanna risk a day one purchase or not.

3. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Iizuka, last month.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  4. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I didn't buy Forces because it looked bad. Didn't buy Rise of Lyric because it was atrocious. The only Sonic games I have bought this decade are Generations, Lost World, Mania, and TSR.

I will probably pick up Frontiers if the game gets decent reviews. I'm open-minded about the game. I would honestly rather be wrong than be able to be Miss Told You So.

5. MH MD

MH MD

I see, thanks

kinda weird that even Forces had a demo - that was switch exclusive, and also with timer, maybe was also japan exclusive on top of that-

6. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    More footage of the so-called "Blue Boost". It's stupidly fast lol. Gotta say it is refreshing to see Sonic moving so quickly yet still retaining some semblance of control.

And apparently, according to an interview with Kishimoto, this is meant to give a taste of your max-leveled running speed.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  7. Snowbound

Snowbound

This is wishful thinking but there is a part of me that’s hoping Iizuka was talking about a pre-release demo. I’d greatly appreciate a 20 min demo when the game’s out to help me decide whether to purchase it. Given the current trend regarding pre-orders, along with Iizuka’s statement, I suspect that Sega will not be interested in a demo.

8. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    That's what max speed looks like? Wow, that's amazing. Much much faster than I thought it'd be. Now I can't help but wonder just how powerful Sonic will be with maxed out combat, too...

Sidenote but how does your retro look like that jubbalub? I thought it was a different website at first glance.

9. jubbalub

jubbalub

Not my screenshot, got it from someone else on Discord lol

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I like how Sonic’s eyes turn blue like in the movie lol

11. Kyro

Kyro

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  12. jubbalub

jubbalub

I still don't like how it just straight up reuses level layout chunks, but this one at least looks fun to play.

13. Kyro

Kyro

Yeah, its still jarring to just see it be an exact copy just split up in different ways, but this one looks pretty fun.

And hey, if it means pulling from levels they havent pulled from to death already, im kind of okay with it

14. Snowbound

Snowbound

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Patrolman

Patrolman

16. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    Yes indeedy.

The speedometer shows that Sonic, while rolling down a hill, actually goes faster than his boost speed. It seems to stop at the blue part of the speedometer, though. I'm going to guess that kind of speed is reserved for the "Power Boost", which is the name of the blue boost mode, which is also Sonic's highest possible speed.

17. Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
  18. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Looks pretty satisfying to use. Hopefully this will finally put the momentum debate to an end.

Although I do hope there is a button to uncurl while on the ground so you don't have to jump.

19. jubbalub

jubbalub

I hope that controls better than it looks, because that does not look very fun. Looks a bit herky jerk. It's nice to see them take an actual real stab at momentum based rolling physics in a modern Sonic game.

20. Sneekie

Sneekie

Sneasy Member
    [​IMG]

With the Power Boost and running up the stairs, Memey got up all the way up to the waypoint (i.e, the top of the mountain).

That is actually crazy. Mind you that the Power Boost is just Sonic's highest possible speed.

https://twitter.com/Memey_PW/status/1573106645822996486

Also, it seems to me that while even though they seemed to fix the jump bug, jumping off of inclines don't really give you air time, but running off of slopes do.

If that applies to rolling, it can get crazy, since rolling is faster than Sonic's base boost.