don't click here

Tails Tube

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Blue Blood, Mar 24, 2022.

1. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Bill Clinton, Theodore Roosevelt…

2. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Spock, The Rock, Doc Ock, and Hulk Hogan, all came of no where lightning fast...

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    We didn't start the fire, it's been always burning since the world's been turning.

... I'm sorry

4. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    Don't be, they did it first. XD

Reminds me of that anime where there was a music teacher that only liked '60s britpop. They created a fictional band for the show that was this teacher's favourite, and it of course souds like The Beatles but its lyrics are so obviously japanese...

5. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    So anyway, bets on our next guest? I'm gonna go with Knuckles. Looooots to explore there. Also would confirm who his voice actor is these days, given he was recast in TSR. If they keep the same guy, hopefully they've at least changed the voice direction. I really love Adventure Knuckles, particularly in SA2, so hopefully they bring back that more reserved, thoughtful take rather than Yamcha the Echidna.

6. RDNexus

RDNexus

If even Movie!Knux is portrayed as a simpleton, duty-bound character, I won't hold a candle to Game!Knux.

7. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    I think it depends on how much freedom Ian is given writing these characters now, since Knuckles was very well done in Seasons of Chaos for the 30th anniversary issue of the IDW book.

8. Starduster

Starduster

Britain

New episode, featuring Nipples the Enchilada.

EDIT: Oh god he doesn't sound like a surfer dudebro anymore I'm gonna cream myself. We're truly living in a good timeline these days. Also seems to be the case that we may not get another one will after Frontiers, since Sonic and Tails set off for the Starfall Islands at the end of this one. That tracks with the schedule so far, so I imagine the next one will drop near the end of the year.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  9. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Thanks @Starduster, my phone went off telling me there was a new one, but when I went to the official channel to share it here on my work PC, I just couldn't find it. This happens often for some reason.

Cute video, though there wasn't really anything new. Decent character banter though, and I liked how it sort of leads into Frontiers at the end.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  10. Loving they are building things up to Frontiers.

Also, Knuckles was genuinely funny in this one! Dave B. Mitchell's perfomance on Knuckles have improved a lot since Team Sonic Racing.

11. And now we have a reason why Knuckles doesn't try to use the emerald's power like Sonic does.

Decent episode and a nice lean-in to Frontiers and the prologue.

12. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    upload_2022-9-22_13-39-10.png
    upload_2022-9-22_13-39-57.png

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  13. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    Oh hey it's me! Yeah, I imagine Ian may be referring to the prologue and then Frontiers itself? If not, I eagerly await these two #UnknownSmiles we'll be seeing before long.

14. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Maybe I should actually watch these things.

15. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Knuckles certainly sounds different. Not sure I'm a fan of it, but whatever, it's not that major an issue...

16. RDNexus

RDNexus

Knuckles's voice sounds way better now. A bit close to SA1&2's voice xD

Also, did anyone notice the potential lead-in to the Master Emerald?
    Tails wanting to run tests, see what else it could do? Maybe another Frontiers hint or so ^^"

17. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    The Sonic Frontiers Prologue does also focus on the Master Emerald, so we may see its in-game return. Perhaps something claims the Master Emerald, and employs it against Super Sonic late game? Just some speculation.

18. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    I’m not sure how I feel about this video… The old explanation for Knuckles leaving the island was that he had a secret temple to hide the Master Emerald. Which while somewhat contrived at least meant he was responsible.

Here it looks like he convinces himself that he leaves the island to save the world, but everyone else knows it’s not always the case (and I guess maybe deep down he knows as well). I think that’s a bit of downgrade, although it is kind of neat how it bends the rules. And he does seem confident that the Master Emerald is too far up to be in danger. So I guess the responsibility angle is still there.

I guess if you got the guardian of the Master Emerald going off for hover boarding contests, then it’s always going to be hard to reconcile.

19. This is actually his VA since Team Sonic Racing. Trust me, he could sound way worse...

Much worse...

20. Lambda

Lambda

As an Archie and IDW fan and as a Bumblekast listener, it's funny hearing the frustrations Ian's had regarding creating stories for Knuckles be discussed directly by the Sonic cast.

Can't always get Knuckles involved unless the threat is huge (or its a tie-in game), because he has to be on the island. Can't explore what the Master Emerald actually does because SEGA doesn't want it explored. Etc, etc.

So you end up with a character people love that can't be utilized properly because of a maguffin that SEGA doesn't want writers to use or explore. Yikes.

I like that these topics were discussed directly, though. These are the kind of things fans who are into the lore and comics talk about a lot, so bringing it all in-line with Knuckles' personality and sense of duty makes a lot of sense.

Also, this is the most in-character Knuckles has been in a long time (outside of the comics). He's kind of stubborn and simple, but he's not a meat-head.

Good stuff, IMHO.