don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. kitsunebi

kitsunebi

Japan
    Therein lies the challenge facing Sonic in Japan: how to stop being considered a niche property popular mostly known to hardcore old-school Sega aficionados and become something that excites children, which are perhaps an even more important demographic of movie-goers in Japan than most other countries. Kids movies in Japan ARE the mainstream and are usually perched at the top of their box office charts. But if your film is perceived as a kids movie but the kids aren't interested...I guess one week at the cinema is all you get.;)

2. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    I wonder if a simultaneous worldwide Sonic 2s-day would have worked for this movie... granted, such releases are typically Fridays, but whatever.

3. Snowbound

Snowbound

That’s very interesting. Do you know of any articles or videos that elaborate on this? I would love to gain an understanding of Japan’s movie-going/theater culture.

4. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    I'm really bored and since there's no movie news I was thinking it'd be cool if at the end of Sonic 3 somehow a massive amount of portals opened and all of the anthro characters and more all came piling into earth in en masse just to be a cool moment plus it'd make it so any characters the producers want could be added into future movie universe content without jumping through hoops to justify them being in the story.

Or that could be the stupidest thing I've ever written and that'll never happen in a million years, idk it sounded cool in my head.

Can't wait for the new Knuckles series btw, I hope it focuses on the chaotix detective agency.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
  5. I also hope that the Chaotix factor into Knux' show. That could be a cool ending for S3 depending on who all is involved. Ideally we'd get Blaze and Big... beyond those I don't really care. This is also assuming that Amy debuts earlier in the film.

6. charcoal

charcoal

8B6C40DC-8E7F-45F7-86D7-17E6B4B610E6.jpeg
    From the Sonic movie screenwriter.

I’d imagine it’s for the Knuckles TV series, it’s too early for Sonic 3.

Either that or an unrelated project :V

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  7. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    [​IMG]
    Depending on the person, the exciting news is already here

8. Snowbound

Snowbound

It appears it’s an unrelated project:
    3DB5D0F0-C29F-49E0-9AE9-347DECA0FC16.jpeg

9. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    John Leguizamo is a name I haven't heard in AGES.

10. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Oh man, that reminds me. I was watching TV several months ago when Papa John's started advertising stuffed crust, and I remember saying out loud, "Wow, the voiceover sounds like some nobody trying and failing to do a John Leguizamo impression," but then I looked up who was in the Papa John's commercials, and it was John Leguizamo.

11. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    Does Encanto not count?

12. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Haven't seen it and watched none of the trailers. All I know about it now is that one song since it kept popping up on YouTube but I never took a listen to that either.

At this point I'm most likely to never see the movie.

13. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Just as an aside, even as a grown man, I think Encanto is the best movie Disney has made in decades.

14. Fadaway

Fadaway

Does anyone remember House of Buggin'?

15. Yes! I've also been a hardcore Leguizamo fan since childhood though.

16. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Too bad it's unrelated to Sonic, it would have been interesting to have Luigi in a Sonic show.

17. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Funnily enough, that song (assuming you're referring to We Don't Talk About Bruno) is about his character, though he doesn't sing in it himself.

18. charcoal

charcoal

19. Chimpo

Chimpo

Why is Tekken 6 afraid of Tekken 7? Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Aiming for Genbu!
    I would have settled for the family pet being a fat cat named Big.

20. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    given that big is already one of the more non-standard Sonic designs, I really wonder how they would try to translate that to the general "style" the other characters have...